LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile build for Odroid C2, Rock64, WeTek Hub, WeTek Play2

• Anybody else still noticing issues with sound completely gone sometimes after AC3 playback with passthrough is started, especially with Live tv stream. ? (It's what I've observed, might be present also with different formats, like DTS.)

If GDPR-1 is using the new AML Linux Kernel in this releases, yes I have seen the same loss of ALL Kodi sound after using passthrough audio and then trying to output PCM audio. I'm using the new Kernel with Kodi Krypton and seeing the exact same issue.

I would say this is a definite audio issue with the new Kernel itself.

• GDPR-1 just tried

LibreELEC-rock64.arm-rb-leia24.img.gz installed on Rock64 4gb ram EEMC 64gb

Not bad playback using my movie library over SMB. Most of my movies are 1080p.

Everything works however no luck with wifi using an old Realtek usb wifi adapter.

In the ssh command results i saw

Product: RTL8191S WLAN Adapter.

[ 1.845647] usb 4-1: Manufacturer: Manufacturer Realtek

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not seeing wifi option to turn on/off in LE Settings or in Networks.

Maybe driver missing ? This USB adapter Works in other LE Builds on other hardware.

• Dear all, I'm dealing with a brand new leia 24 installation.

It's Great, thx to Raybuntu for his stunning work.

Got two questions, though:

1 - I can't get libretro working due to an unexpected error, saying that the dependency kodi.binary.instance.game 1.0.33 could not be satisfied. (IARL as well as emulators that require that dependency, can't find it anywhere).

2 - got some remote probs with remote commands, both from tv remote (cec) and from kore, as well as with an usb wireless remote. Sometimes, commands get stucked as if the System freezes, after few secs everything is restored (a sort of sinc). Sometimes, double clicks or commands are received even if a single click is performed.

Could anyone confirm these flaws in leia 24 and eventually, is there a workaround to fix them?

Thanks.

• If GDPR-1 is using the new AML Linux Kernel in this releases, yes I have seen the same loss of ALL Kodi sound after using passthrough audio and then trying to output PCM audio. I'm using the new Kernel with Kodi Krypton and seeing the exact same issue.

I would say this is a definite audio issue with the new Kernel itself.

This audio issue has nothing to do with kernel version. There were changes in Krypton. Kodi developers decided disable audio passthrough for liveTV by default and there is no option to enable it. I am using patch to revert default value to enable liveTV audio passthrough http://github.com/LibreELEC-AML/…-realtime.patch. For disabling liveTV audio passthrough you can use "Sync playback to display" in player settings.

• LibreELEC-rock64.arm-rb-leia24.img.gz installed on Rock64 4gb ram EEMC 64gb

Not bad playback using my movie library over SMB. Most of my movies are 1080p.

kostaman, since I have the exact same system (minus EEMC), I was wondering what your experience has been when it comes to stability during video or audio playback? How frequently have you experienced crashes in the previous versions (21, 22)?

I'm currently on 22 and I'm rarely able to get any more than a few hours of music playback or video playback, especially x256 encoded video gives me a lot of trouble. So if I can gain a bit more stability the update would be a no-brainer.

• Set the Kodi GUI to 1080p60Hz if you live in the USA and have an ATSC TV tuner. Otherwise set it at 1080p50Hz.

In Kodi settings > Player > Videos then set:

- Adjust display refresh rate > Start/Stop

Sync Playback to display > Off....

Thanks for the Reply.

Did the above settings and all is well..

Regards, RR69

• Hi,

I'm having some troubles getting Netflix to show video. Login works, but when i select a video, i get an error reffering to to the log. Which version of the plugin are you guys using (which repository)?

I'm using the "Netflix Addon Repository (libdev + jojo + asciidisco - 101)" - Plugin: Netflix version 0.12.7

Also when installing i get "script.module.pycryptodome" - Not Available.. The Plugin installs without any further errors.

LOG:

20:42:08.584 T:3418633088 DEBUG: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Entering encryption section

20:42:08.585 T:3418633088 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so)

20:42:08.585 T:3418633088 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed

20:42:08.585 T:3418633088 DEBUG: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Session::~Session()

20:42:08.586 T:3418633088 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [manifest?id=60034584]

20:42:08.586 T:3418633088 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()

Running Leia build 24

Regards, RR69

* Found Workaround *

On Github I found "asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix". Installing the Master Branch resulted in above error. But after some investigation i noticed that there is another branch called: "feat/add-inputstream-helper" which installs the missing widevine library.

• After removing the "master" branch plugin from Kodi (and settings) I installed the "add-inputstream-helper" branch Netflix plugin in Kodi.
    • After the install when starting the plugin it asks for your email and password.
    • After login start a Netflix stream and the plugin detects that widevine is not available.
    • dialogbox(es) opens which asks if you want to download, extract and install the missing library.
    • After completing any Netflix stream opens, but is in low resolution.
    • Remove the "add-inputstream-helper" Netflix plugin (Widevine library remains installed)
    • Install the "Master" Netflix plugin and everything now streams in normal resolution.

Regards,

RR69

Edited 3 times, last by rr69: Inserted relevant log information -> Found workaround (March 15, 2018 at 11:56 AM).

• since I have the exact same system (minus EEMC), I was wondering what your experience has been when it comes to stability during video or audio playback? How frequently have you experienced crashes in the previous versions (21, 22)?

I've only tried rock64.arm-rb-leia24 as i purchased this Rock64 to play around with ubuntu, dietpi etc.

After a week of owning the Rock64 i only flashed LE yesterday. I haven't had crashes. I need to test a bit more but playback of 1080p is really good so far. TVHeadend client playback on live TV is good with mpeg4 1080i . mpeg 2 is flaky but i know this is an issue.

For some reason i have noticed TV Recordings playback are not as smooth as watching live but are watchable.

Not tried wifi yet as i can't get the only dongle i have to be recognised so tests are with Ethernet.

CEC with my tv remote works great. My USB remote/keyboard works great too. :)

• Want to report on "Audio Loss" too. Here is what I found out:

It started with Leia 23. I had no audio on some radiostations with Radio plugin, others were working fine. Same with local movies (didn't make a note on audio channels/codec). Local mp3 collection all played fine.

My Harmony remote wasn't working fine with 23, so I considered it safer to revert to Leia 22 where everything was OK.

Beginning this week, I updated to 24. Audio issues still the same. I investigated a bit further. My Sound setting in the System menu has digital HDMI as audio output device. As soon as I set it to Analog, the radio station that wasn't giving any sound, started to play normally. When i switched the setting to HDMI again, sound was gone. Back to Analog, but no sound untill reboot. So now I have the default output device set to analog (but further down the sound settings page all Passthrough functions are enabled with passthrough device HDMI) and with this setting all sound comes through from my available sources.

PS: found out for the remote that disabling eventlircd restored the functionality from Leia22.

• Want to report on "Audio Loss" too. Here is what I found out:

It started with Leia 23. I had no audio on some radiostations with Radio plugin, others were working fine. Same with local movies (didn't make a note on audio channels/codec). Local mp3 collection all played fine.

My Harmony remote wasn't working fine with 23, so I considered it safer to revert to Leia 22 where everything was OK.

Beginning this week, I updated to 24. Audio issues still the same. I investigated a bit further. My Sound setting in the System menu has digital HDMI as audio output device. As soon as I set it to Analog, the radio station that wasn't giving any sound, started to play normally. When i switched the setting to HDMI again, sound was gone. Back to Analog, but no sound untill reboot. So now I have the default output device set to analog (but further down the sound settings page all Passthrough functions are enabled with passthrough device HDMI) and with this setting all sound comes through from my available sources.

PS: found out for the remote that disabling eventlircd restored the functionality from Leia22.

I can also confirm that the problems began with version 23 and up. I also tried setting to analog and saw the same. Regarding pass through being dissbled fir live tv? I really don’t believe is the case as pass through is still active for live streaming also

• This audio issue has nothing to do with kernel version. There were changes in Krypton. Kodi developers decided disable audio passthrough for liveTV by default and there is no option to enable it.

Already using that patch for Krypton live TV and audio passthrough. It's unrelated.

It's definitely the new (Leia) AML linux-kernel causing audio issues.

EDIT: this audio issue is confirmed because I've fixed it in the new AML Linux Kernel with a bunch of audio reverts. Will do a Kernel Pull request for wider community bug busting.

kostaman - straight from the LE Rockhip developer Kwiboo ....

there is no current support for deinterlacing on (linux) rockchip, there is post-process support for deinterlace in the VPU IP that handles up to 1080p video,

.... the issue is that we have no post-process support in (rk)mpp library, it is only implemented in the android version to my knowledge

Already using that patch for Krypton live TV and audio passthrough. It's unrelated.

It's definitely the new (Leia) AML linux-kernel causing audio issues.

Hmmm, is indeed unrelated. However I do have to confirm that passthrough is disabled on live tv streaming with tvheadend client, at lest.

I've searched the forums, and seems that they indeed did it un purpose.

This is such a bad workaround. Many tv stations have 5.1 DTS or Dolby Digital sound. Turning on resampling just gets things worse.

And I don't know why it is still needed: The live tv stream is a TS stream, if video is skipped, so does audio, nothing wrong with that.

I have other Amlogic S905 devices (amiko alien a4) and they do work with passtrhough on live stream, without glitches.

So, could we have this patch also in the libreelec builds ?

I've created two logs, the first one is with default device set to HDMI , this way I do not get sound. I've notied that the audio format is DTS-HD, which is actually wrong:

With default device set to Analog, I do have sound. Please notice that the audio type is PCM:

Also, the receiver gets 5.1 channel sound, this time PCM. And passthrough was enabled in both cases:

This issue I have since Leia 23.

• I've also noticed that my secondary tv tuner, DVBSKY s960 stopped working since a couple of releases.

The kernel module is /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/3.14.29/updates/driver.dvb.crazycat/m88ds3103.ko

I've ntoiced that the conf is being processed

Code
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: added modules from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/3.14.29
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: added firmware from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: adding overlays from /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: processing conf /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/50-driver.dvb.crazycat.conf
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: added modules from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/3.14.29
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: running depmod

but the card is not recognized.

I've manually added the module:

Code
    modprobe m88ds3103

and the module is loaded, however nothing happens in dmesg.

The module is loaded:

CvH , could you take a look? :)

I would highly appreciate it, as it was previously working...

• My builds will be discontinued. All my work has been incorporated into official LibreELEC. They will start official alpha builds soon. Please upgrade to official on the next occasion.

• My builds will be discontinued. All my work has been incorporated into official LibreELEC. They will start official alpha builds soon. Please upgrade to official on the next occasion.

Well, that's sorry to hear, but I wish best of luck and thanks for the contribution you've done for this project!

BTW, is there a way to update to 'official' libreelec without reinstalling eveything ?