Posts by trex_daemon

Code
    2018-04-28 19:45:36.153 mpegts: 12264.52V in Thor 0.8W - tuning on Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VI) #1 : DVB-S #0
    Code
    2018-04-28 19:45:37.708 linuxdvb: Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VI) #1 : DVB-S #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Success]

2018-04-28 19:45:41.610 subscription: 0005: restarting channel Viasat Explore

Code
    2018-04-28 19:45:43.610 mpegts: 12264.52V in Thor 0.8W - tuning on Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VI) #1 : DVB-S #0
    Code
    2018-04-28 19:45:43.610 linuxdvb: Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VI) #1 : DVB-S #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Success]

Output of dmesg:

I have these 2:

https://www.amazon.de/dvbsky-s960-usb-dvb-s2-tuner/dp/b01m00x69z

And:

Sundtek Shop | Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 6 (DVB-S/S2) | online kaufen

Now, the dvbsky works on Coreelec, 8.90.x, but the sundtek gives the following error:

Code
    2018-04-28 10:24:56.337 mpegts: 12073V in Thor 0.8W - tuning on Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VI) #1 : DVB-S #0

2018-04-28 10:24:56.340 linuxdvb: Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VI) #1 : DVB-S #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Success]

My builds will be discontinued. All my work has been incorporated into official LibreELEC. They will start official alpha builds soon. Please upgrade to official on the next occasion.

Well, that's sorry to hear, but I wish best of luck and thanks for the contribution you've done for this project!

BTW, is there a way to update to 'official' libreelec without reinstalling eveything ?

I've also noticed that my secondary tv tuner, DVBSKY s960 stopped working since a couple of releases.

The kernel module is /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/3.14.29/updates/driver.dvb.crazycat/m88ds3103.ko

I've ntoiced that the conf is being processed

Code
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: added modules from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/3.14.29
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: added firmware from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/firmware
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: adding overlays from /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: processing conf /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/50-driver.dvb.crazycat.conf
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: added modules from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/3.14.29
    Jan 28 17:58:18 LibreELEC kernel-overlays-setup: running depmod

but the card is not recognized.

I've manually added the module:

Code
    modprobe m88ds3103

and the module is loaded, however nothing happens in dmesg.

The module is loaded:

CvH , could you take a look? :)

I would highly appreciate it, as it was previously working...

Already using that patch for Krypton live TV and audio passthrough. It's unrelated.

It's definitely the new (Leia) AML linux-kernel causing audio issues.

Hmmm, is indeed unrelated. However I do have to confirm that passthrough is disabled on live tv streaming with tvheadend client, at lest.

I've searched the forums, and seems that they indeed did it un purpose.

This is such a bad workaround. Many tv stations have 5.1 DTS or Dolby Digital sound. Turning on resampling just gets things worse.

And I don't know why it is still needed: The live tv stream is a TS stream, if video is skipped, so does audio, nothing wrong with that.

I have other Amlogic S905 devices (amiko alien a4) and they do work with passtrhough on live stream, without glitches.

So, could we have this patch also in the libreelec builds ?

I've created two logs, the first one is with default device set to HDMI , this way I do not get sound. I've notied that the audio format is DTS-HD, which is actually wrong:

With default device set to Analog, I do have sound. Please notice that the audio type is PCM:

Also, the receiver gets 5.1 channel sound, this time PCM. And passthrough was enabled in both cases:

This issue I have since Leia 23.

Want to report on "Audio Loss" too. Here is what I found out:

It started with Leia 23. I had no audio on some radiostations with Radio plugin, others were working fine. Same with local movies (didn't make a note on audio channels/codec). Local mp3 collection all played fine.

My Harmony remote wasn't working fine with 23, so I considered it safer to revert to Leia 22 where everything was OK.

Beginning this week, I updated to 24. Audio issues still the same. I investigated a bit further. My Sound setting in the System menu has digital HDMI as audio output device. As soon as I set it to Analog, the radio station that wasn't giving any sound, started to play normally. When i switched the setting to HDMI again, sound was gone. Back to Analog, but no sound untill reboot. So now I have the default output device set to analog (but further down the sound settings page all Passthrough functions are enabled with passthrough device HDMI) and with this setting all sound comes through from my available sources.

PS: found out for the remote that disabling eventlircd restored the functionality from Leia22.

I can also confirm that the problems began with version 23 and up. I also tried setting to analog and saw the same. Regarding pass through being dissbled fir live tv? I really don’t believe is the case as pass through is still active for live streaming also