[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• I have the same dilemma. I can't get back to android after installing to nand. Anyone has a strategy?

You need your original Recovery and Device Tree from your Android Firmware to get back into recovery.
    Copy them to an SD Card , Power off box completely from power supply.
    Insert power supply whilst holding reset button and wait for recovery screen.
    Flash your Android firmware from SD Card.

• Hi Kzsaq,

i think this latest 'h' build is the best one yet for playback.
    Really fast switch times for LiveTV, practically no stutters, plays everything great.

However, in the latest builds (dont know exactly since which one) Bluetooth is broken for the buildin module, at least for the M8s Mini and MiniMX devices.
    BT devices are detected, but if you connect/pair the device is always 'disabled' or 'temporary unavailable'. Not one connect ever succeeds.

I think this might be the result of your efforts to help other BT devices function, but i would love to have BT back on the latest builds.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Atreyu

Edited once, last by atreyu (February 10, 2017 at 12:14 PM).

• You need your original Recovery and Device Tree from your Android Firmware to get back into recovery.
    Copy them to an SD Card , Power off box completely from power supply.
    Insert power supply whilst holding reset button and wait for recovery screen.
    Flash your Android firmware from SD Card.

This didn't work for me but I found a way to do it. Thanks anyway!

• I don't know how helpful this is, posting it anyways just in case...

To deal with the AMlogic hardware decoder video buffer always reading 0 or close to 0 issue, in my advancedsettings.xml, I set the minimum video buffer to 0, and the minimum audio buffer to 60 (set whatever you want here). As the AV stream is pulled in as a single interleaved stream, the audio buffer is never far off (+- ~5%) from the true video buffer, and this fixed almost all of my buffering issues a long time ago.

Like this:

<pvr>
    <!-- The following PVR cache tags are removed as of Kodi v17 -->
    <minvideocachelevel>0</minvideocachelevel>
    <!-- Cache up to this level in the video buffer before resuming playback if the buffers run dry. -->
    <minaudiocachelevel>60</minaudiocachelevel>
    <!-- Cache up to this level in the audio buffer before resuming playback if the buffers run dry. -->
    <cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
    <!-- Cache PVR stream in DVDPlayer. -->
    </pvr>

Read factor also set to 5, seemed to round off live streams. If you want my whole advancedsettings.xml let me know and I will post. I know it's in the PVR section of the XML, but any changes here effect how all internet streams are buffered on my hardware.

Also, note the first comment from the Kodi dev's, this all becomes irrelevant on upgrade to Kodi v17, as the whole streaming engine has changed, and dvdplayer doesn't even exist anymore. So, this all may be obsoleted and fixed just by updating Kodi.

• Quick question: If I set up an SD card with the dtb for my 1GB/8GB Nexbox, configure LE how I want things, and just swap the dtb for the 2GB/8GB when I want to run it on my other box, is it likely that I'll run into any problems? In testing so far it seems pretty much OK, but I'm more or less wondering if there's any sort of first-time-run automatic configuration that I should be concerned about changing the dtb after I've configured everything based on another.

Cheers

• Quick question: If I set up an SD card with the dtb for my 1GB/8GB Nexbox, configure LE how I want things, and just swap the dtb for the 2GB/8GB when I want to run it on my other box, is it likely that I'll run into any problems? In testing so far it seems pretty much OK, but I'm more or less wondering if there's any sort of first-time-run automatic configuration that I should be concerned about changing the dtb after I've configured everything based on another.

Cheers

Do an LE Backup of your configuration and use that to restore from previous Backup.
    Do a fresh install for your 2gb/8gb box.
    That's my way of doing it.
    Less margin for error and testing Temp Enabled / Disabled etc.
    Eliminates Variables when issues arise.

• Yes the h build is good but I still have this problem I have reported a couple of times before and it is far worse with live TV and catchup material than with other moves and TV series content. That is I have to wait sometimes several minutes before I get any remote control workign again and often have a frozen, sometimes a ghost translucent "working" icon bottom right, sometimes no icon at all but still no remote access (or keyboard either BTW). When that icon goes out then remote and keyboard control is back available again. Have had this problem with one catchup add-on where sometimes remote control access des not come back and have to power off the box and reboot.

This is the same on several boxes we have here all MXQ M12CX 1GB/8GB as I have reported before with no response at all ??. I am using the correct 1GB device tree "gxl_p212_1g.dtb" As I am fairly new here I am worried that I am doing something wrong or need to report this in a different thread ??? Surely others here must be gettign this problem as I can see nothing in the settings that would likely cause this problem. The probelm has been there with all V7 versions I have tried and certainly all 012 releases from c to now h though the later builds are better in so far as remote control access returns generally much quicker now. Can anyone help?? There is no other problems at all and certainly none with booting or flashing to nand etc so cannot see how one of those error logs would help here, but correct me if I am wrong. Are there any others here getting this problem and if so which box and which build/device tree ??

I have an Enybox X1 1GB/8GB S905X sample box coming from China for testing so maybe the problem wont be present with that box, we shall see but will have to wait a week or so for delivery of course. Anyone else successfully using one of these smart designed great priced Enybox X1 metal cased units ?

Cheers
    RayW

• Hello,

Really happy with this LibreElec version, I'm using it with S905x (2GB/16GB) on an USB key.

All is fine, except 3D in 2D Monoscopic : I don't want to see 3D videos (I don't really appreciate this), but mkv are sometimes 3D when BD are in 3D.
    With LibreElec on RPI, there is no pb, KODI configured as 2D/Monoscopic show only one image, on full screen.
    With LibreElec on S905x , The 2 images are shown, side by side. On 3D, the screen is black (but I don't care, I don't want 3D).

I know 3D is experimental, but I thought 3D in 2D was supported ? Is there something to configure ?

• Yes the h build is good but I still have this problem I have reported a couple of times before and it is far worse with live TV and catchup material than with other moves and TV series content.

I've responded to you previously.

Read what I've already suggested in the linked response above. Also, make sure you're wired over Ethernet and not using WiFi. The bandwidth on most of these boxes is limited to 26mbps Wifi, which is not enough for high bandwidth streams with advanced audio.

Outside of that, if it's really only "catchup addons" that are causing problems, they're not supported. Stop reporting it here, and find the developer add-ons forums to reach out to them for help. It's an add-on issue and not a Kodi/LibreELEC issue.

• Latest builds (h & g for sure) on tx5 pro: sometimes, after at least 40 mins of playback it stops for buffering and audio goes out of sync. Is there a log for this?

Edited once, last by zoltan (February 11, 2017 at 7:45 PM).

• I'm using this build (version h) successfully on my two wetek hubs. Just wanted to know how I would modify the remote.conf so that that the mouse button is behaving like a play/pause key and not as a mouse trigger? I copied from /etc/amremote the wetek.conf to /storage/.config/remote.conf. Hope that is correct. but the mouse trigger buttons definitions inside the file are missing. Thre is only one key defined:

How to proceed on this now to add the trigger button as play/pause? If someone could help me out here it would really be gerat :) Thanks a lot for your support here :)

Edited once, last by vlaves (February 12, 2017 at 9:01 AM).