[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi,
    I installed 7.0.3.012g on my brand-new Minix Neo U1, booting from SD card, and using device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port and most stuff is working fine.

The only thing a cannot get to work is audio output through the 3.5mm analog output. I did select ALSA:AML-M8AUDIO,PCM as audio output device under System -> Settings -> System -> Audio Output

And the audio output is still through HDMI to the crappy speaker in my monitor .... under the Minix Android OS I can get the analog audio output to work (FW011).

Any hints? Thanks, krimskrams

kodi.log is available: MhgN

Use the HDMI audio output either via a modern home theatre AVR unit wiht HDMI ports for best sound or if you want to use an ordinary cheap stereo amp then you can buy very cheaply a little box that passes through the HDMI signal to your TV and has either phone Red/While output sockets or a stereo mini jack socket so you can feed the sniffed off audio to your amp's analogue audio input.

Another and better sound quality way is to have an amp or AVR with a Fibre Optic digital audio input usign a pretty cheap Toslink cable, as most these KODI boxes do have a fibre optic audio ouput port on them which is supported in LibreElec from my recent experience.

Using the sound system on even the best TVs is for me a no go as the quality is never good enough IMHO.

Cheers
    RayW

• We have 64bit hardware. 64bit software match better in 64bit hardware.

Thanks for your work.

Kind regards.

I'm sorry but this is not a good reason. Cortex-A53 is also a good ARM CPU and it runs 32-bit userspace nicely. You may want to note that all S905/X boxes run 32-bit userspace in Android! I see no reason to use my build server resources to build aarch64-userspace builds - this requires lots of time, energy and hard drive space (my arm build folder is 15GB!) and there is no real benefit in having 64-bit userspace. 32-bit userspace is also compatible with ARM plugins that you can't use on aarch64 unless you provide multiarch libs. I will stick to 32-bit userspace builds for Jarvis, maybe when there's an easy way to add ARM compatibility I'll switch back to aarch64 for Krypton/Leia.

• I'm sorry but this is not a good reason. Cortex-A53 is also a good ARM CPU and it runs 32-bit userspace nicely. You may want to note that all S905/X boxes run 32-bit userspace in Android! I see no reason to use my build server resources to build aarch64-userspace builds - this requires lots of time, energy and hard drive space (my arm build folder is 15GB!) and there is no real benefit in having 64-bit userspace. 32-bit userspace is also compatible with ARM plugins that you can't use on aarch64 unless you provide multiarch libs. I will stick to 32-bit userspace builds for Jarvis, maybe when there's an easy way to add ARM compatibility I'll switch back to aarch64 for Krypton/Leia.

OK,

If there is no difference, lets go to 32bits.

Off topic question: your build server is in your home? Or in cloud?

What hardware do you requiere to get other buildserver? Could we donate for cloud build server?

Kind regards.

• kszaq very good results for most s905 chip boxes using Temp Sensor ENABLED with no Freezes including This "h" version. #1
    Is no Freezes a Bug ?? HA !! ;)

LE 7.0.3.012h Temp Sensor Enabled Version
    S905 Chip Boxes below not freezing.

MiniMx 2g/16g S905 Non Branded Beelink
    MiniMx 1gb/8gb s905 Non Branded Beelink
    MiniM8sPro S905 2gb/8gb
    MxMax S905 2G/16G (with OTG)
    Nexbox A95X S905 1gb/8gb
    Beelink MiniMXIII s905
    Beelink MX64 S905 2GB/8GB
    Sunvell T95m s905 2gb/8gb
    Mini MX-G (or v1) S905 2gb 16gb
    MiniMX-G (V1) S905 2Gb/16Gb

Edited once, last by kostaman (February 7, 2017 at 9:59 AM).

• 24p passthrough has always been out of sync with xbmc/Kodi, not just for amlogic hardware for me. LE defaults to a 175ms delay but not for these builds, I would suggest to include it :).

LibreELEC.tv/advancedsettings.xml at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Thank you for that piece of information! I did not know that! :)

kszaq:
    Would you be open to implement that in your upcoming builds?
    If the 175ms delay is already implemented in regular LE for 24p, there does not seem to be any harm in it?
    [hr]

It's interesting though. I have around 0.500ms delay with 12h version and only 0.175ms with krypton version with 23/24fps but both with no delay with the rest.
    With 007 as you mentioned everything is ok, and with 009 0.175ms for evereything. So things are definitely changing along the line.
    Btw: is there a way to most perfectly define the a/v delay? Sample videos with different encoding,fps...etc?

I cannot confirm your 500ms for 12h.
    I have exactly 175ms in 7.0.3.012h (fresh install from scratch).

Maybe you changed something else?

Edited once, last by jd17 (February 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM).

• Thank you for that piece of information! I did not know that! :)

kszaq:
    If the 175ms delay is already implemented in regular LE for 24p, there does not seem to be any harm in it?
    [hr]

Weird. I will try again ASAP..will do a fresh install and test again.

• Thanks kostaman very useful post.

Edited once, last by Leonxy69 (February 7, 2017 at 12:52 PM).

• I attempted this build on my Xiaomi Mi Box 3(MDZ-16-AB) and I couldn't get it to boot maybe someone here can provide some instructions?
    my plan was to flash TWRP and try to boot from there but the recent OTA update has blocked my root option until I find a way to bypass it
    it seems to have good hardware but the support is really terrible Xiaomi doesn't provide any firmware images or support forum

Thanks for your work

• Hi,
    Just wanted to check something. All these letter builds are trying to fix issues with S905 chips NOT S905X chips, correct?

The issues with people having no wifi on one build, can't remember which was also S905, correct?

I have a Beelink MX111 11 and was thinking i should update to the latest build. I think the wifi works fine on the latest build, correct?

Regards.

• All letter builds are small improvements to 7.0.3.12 and are for both S905 and S905X, as always. With any issues - including WiFi and BT - you should always try the most recent build.

• What do you need it for? 32-bit userspace builds are working well.

I don't think we really need 64bit but, on the other hand, maybe one day some LE or addon code may conditionally want to use 64bit if available and perhaps result in better performance for some task that can effectively use 64bit. if nobody makes sure 64bit continues to build, that would be a pity. Also, the high end TV boxes have enough resources to run 64bit. And, somehow, one may believe 64bit software on 64bit hardware is cool :-). Myself I have built (and run) 64bit upto 7.0.3.12g (skipped h) and I would like to be able to continue to do so.

• Thank you for that piece of information! I did not know that! :)

kszaq:
    [hr]

I think the vq patchwork at some point added a lot of delay but with the 012h build fixed it, for me it's only 175ms delay on 24p content as well now :).