[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Thank you.
    I know that I can adjust a/v-sync in there and even set a standard for all videos.

However I don't really like fighting symptoms instead of root causes...
    If my much much slower RPi2 offers perfect a/v-sync in the same device chain (Kodi box -> Onkyo TX-NR818 (video set to passthrough) -> LG 65B6V) - why not the S905X?
    There must be a reason for this...

I also think that regular DD is less off than the other audio track types, which would make a global offset annoying.

• Thank you.
    I know that I can adjust a/v-sync in there and even set a standard for all videos.

However I don't really like fighting symptoms instead of root causes...
    If my much much slower RPi2 offers perfect a/v-sync in the same device chain (Kodi box -> Onkyo TX-NR818 (video set to passthrough) -> LG 65B6V) - why not the S905X?
    There must be a reason for this...

I also think that regular DD is less off than the other audio track types, which would make a global offset annoying.

Pretty much the same problem here, but with S905 (U1). I did try to modigy advancedsettings for 0.175ms delay for 23-24fps and 0.00 for others, but it doesn't work for all the video.
    I would also like to have this resolved if possible. And I agree it's worst for DD+.

• People missing 2 seconds from the beginning of the video: enable Expert settings, go to Settings > Video > Playback and set "Pause during refresh rate change" to the amount that is missing.

• Guys with issues installing to internal: please make a reboot and grab log according to this post: thread-981.html (no need to try running installtointernal first).

Then open the zip file and attach 02_System.log file to your post.

• Pretty much the same problem here, but with S905 (U1). I did try to modigy advancedsettings for 0.175ms delay for 23-24fps and 0.00 for others, but it doesn't work for all the video.
    I would also like to have this resolved if possible. And I agree it's worst for DD+.

At least I am not alone with this...

For Raspberry Pis, they introduced "PLL adjustment to maintain audio/video sync" in Krypton, since which even every HD audio track is perfectly in sync.
    Maybe this is an option for AMLogic devices too?

• People missing 2 seconds from the beginning of the video: enable Expert settings, go to Settings > Video > Playback and set "Pause during refresh rate change" to the amount that is missing.

I set the delay to 1 second and that appears to have fixed the issue.

Many thanks for even bothering to still help, I know it is a pffily little thing, maybe just me being OCD, but I test on each new version :)

Cheers

• Not possible.

Not possible in Jarvis or not possible at all for AMLogic?

If not at all, is there anything else that can be done?
    I think panterck is right, only 23.976p and 24p are out of sync, 25/50fps seems to be fine. I have not tested 29.98/30/59.97/60fps yet...

Thanks again for all your great support! :)

• kszaq Is it possible to change CPU governer on the Wetek Hub with your image or to change the CPU Frequency?
    How can I check which CPU governer is set on the Hub or which frequency the CPU is using?

• Not possible in Jarvis or not possible at all for AMLogic?

If not at all, is there anything else that can be done?
    I think panterck is right, only 23.976p and 24p are out of sync, 25/50fps seems to be fine. I have not tested 29.98/30/59.97/60fps yet...

Thanks again for all your great support! :)

Nothing is impossible when you have time, skills and documentation. Unfortunately when developing for Amlogic a lot of guesses, trials and errors have to be made. I don't think that Amlogic kernel supports any kind of PLL adjustment. You are free to look at kernel source code and try to implement it but I have to warn you that it's a bit messy.

• 7.0.3.012h build is available to download with some minor tweaks and added BCM4335A0/B0 firmware. I'll update OP soon.

updated to this build from 7.0.3.012h with p201 dtb through the update folder and got and error saying that it couldnt mount the system.
    Had to boot from SD Card but when installing i got this error...

• Hi guys,

I updated from 012f to 012h by copying the file into
    the update diretory and restarting. I left my house
    and after returning this morning I realised, it does
    not boot anymore. There is a message, see screenshot.

MXQ 4K Pro (S905), temp disabled version, internal
    installation.

What can I do now? Is there a chance to rescue the
    installation?

picload.org | img_20170205_071737.jpg

Edited once, last by sYCO (February 5, 2017 at 1:14 PM).