[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• I have a MXIII (S812, Android 5) and a M8MiniII (S905X, Android 6), both will show simultaneous WIFI and Ethernet connections in Andriod if I turn WIFI on and connect.... I cant say I ever noticed and degradation in network speed though...

Thank You for sharing that info.
    I seem to vaguely recall boxes i've owned in the past, which did this but never gave me any connection issues so i never worried about it.

• Can you confirm whether your box is using eMMC Flash Memory ?
    I am taking wild guesses here to narrow it down. If your box doesn't have eMMC it is an issue

If the box doesn't have eMMC, what would it have? Are the 2 choices eMMC and NAND??
    What are the differences between the 2?

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (January 25, 2017 at 1:53 PM).

• Hi, could enyone starts this edition from CVBS output?
    As I understand LibreELEC supports 720p as default resolution. How to switch resolution in setting files on 480p or 576p?
    Android does it correctly but I need LibreElec with CVBS support.

• hi Kazaq,
    regarding this > i think it could be related to the sensor..
    the temp was always around 54 deg c.. so seemed fine.
    i left the temperature screen on the screen while lpaying hd tv in the background.
    when it had crashed in the imddle of the night i noticed that for the temp it now said "?"

so i think it is related to temp sensor why it crashed..

any ideas?

• I also have audio sync issue of 275ms in movies with dolby digital 5.1 that i can't manage to solve through advancedsettings.xml as whatever value i put in it doesn't have any effect. Configuration hdmi passthrough.

Inviato dal mio Pixel utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Leonxy69 (January 25, 2017 at 7:11 PM).

• If the box doesn't have eMMC, what would it have? Are the 2 choices eMMC and NAND??
    What are the differences between the 2?

sd card - SSD, SD, eMMC, Raw NAND what are the differences? - Super User

I know eMMC and the standard Nand used in older Boxes like my old MXQ S805 are different in the way they work.
    I cannot give you the precise technical workings but i know that they are different.
    I am not saying i know this is your problem but i know from flashing Android roms that eMMC Flash Memory required the correct Android Rom to work with eMMC.
    eMMC is also much faster.
    [hr]

OP updated with 7.0.3.012e build.

Changed in 7.0.3.012e:

• adjusted Kodi patch to fix video stalling in some samples

Fixed. Massive improvement. No lag almost instant when jumping forward, Video/Audio in sync.
    TX5Pro S905x LE Internal.

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 26, 2017 at 12:46 AM).

• Changed in 7.0.3.012e:

• adjusted Kodi patch to fix video stalling in some samples
    • adjusted udev rule that fixes non-working WiFi on boot
    • enabled CONFIG_UHID in kernel config for HID over BT devices
    • adjusted udev rule that loads Broadcom BT firmware

I tested the latest version kszaq, in regard the WiFi on boot situation - thanks for your efforts here.

On boot, with Ethernet Cable plugged in, the Ethernet link was connected and the Wifi was not.
    I disconnected the Ethernet and 'connected' the WiFi (it was already in the available links, just 'idle' - i.e. did not have to stop/restart the WiFi)
    So far so good!
    I then reconnected the Ethernet - the Wifi did not drop and had to manually drop it.

Next tried booting with Ethernet disconnected:
    This time it had the same situation as per the earlier fix, where no connections were available and I had to toggle to Wifi Off/On in order to start it;
    then was able to connect.

Hope that info is helpful.

• Next tried booting with Ethernet disconnected:
    This time it had the same situation as per the earlier fix, where no connections were available and I had to toggle to Wifi Off/On in order to start it;
    then was able to connect.

TX5 Pro with Qualcomm QCA9377
    7.0.3.012e

For me i had the same results as you EXCEPT
    I reconnected the Ethernet - the Wifi did drop.

DEcosse can you disclose your Box/Chip. Hard to follow which Wifi chip you have without going back looking for your posts. :)
    I think you have Aigale.

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 26, 2017 at 6:27 AM).

• Great build and working fine until lost network after update to 7.0.3.012e

problem after update to 7.0.3.012e ... from earlier having no problems with version 7.0.3.012c and then update to 7.0.3.012d no problems.
    Lost wifi network connection, no network...?

empty settings menu in System - LibreELEC - Network

just shows just blank tab and addons complain about no network

I have rolled back to 7.0.3.012d update and WIFI network is back again, all working as before.

Device: X96
    CPU: Amlogic S905X
    MEM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    URL:
    Current Ver: 7.0.3.012d (running from SanDisk Ultra 8GB uSD card - haven't committed to internal ROM yet)

Edited once, last by g9aus (January 26, 2017 at 5:10 AM).

• Device: X96
    CPU: Amlogic S905X
    MEM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    URL: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Current Ver: 7.0.3.012d (running from SanDisk Ultra 8GB uSD card - haven't committed to internal ROM yet)

Welcome g9aus. :)
    No links to sellers. Forum Rules. Please edit your post.

• kszaq

Thank you for the update.
    It resolved the issues I had with 4K@60FPS samples completely stalling. This type of content is still not playing correctly, sadly, as the AQ keeps running out and the video skips. Either way, this new build is a definite improvement.

If internal memory of your box is not visible, try a device tree with _nand suffix.

Does this mean that if the LE is installed on the SD Card, I can see the internal memory of box?
    Or, the x_nand.dtb needs to be installed to the internal memory?

Edited once, last by Zatserkovnyy (January 26, 2017 at 8:11 AM).

• Simple question - can someone please give me an answer?

Universal U-Boot is not a Universal Fix for every Board.
    You can try it at your own RISK.
    I have no idea where this file came from except it is sitting in the cloud and can be downloaded.
    You may want to find out where the files came from and why they were created.

• Well brilliant work kszaq on the new 12e build. Have updated by 12d on my MXQ M12CX S905X box and no problems with update. ALso it has gone a long long way to fixing my stalling of remtoe and keyboard when runnign up a video making the delay much much shorter. Also in particualr now I can skip forward and back playign a video stream without it freezing the video and having to power down reboot the box. It takes a second or two as normal to sync back on the video stream but it is no longer locking up (particualrly as it was skipping backwards it seemed) leaving only the audio content playing.

Thanks also to Kostaman for advising be about the eMMC or straight NAND memory issue. I did the 12e update with the latest ordinary 1G dtb file as I used always before but now I see there is new 1G and 2G nand.dtb files for the S905X boxes. My question is how do I find which type of memory my box has Nand or eMMC ??? I have not yet had time to take the rsik and try the nand dtb yet but though I would ask first here to see where I can discover what type my MXQ M12cx S905X metal cased box has.

Not had chance to check the WiFi / Ethernet fix yet but was never really a problem for me. Does any one know if there is a fix in this build for that weird problem when enabling the Update Channels and it leaving a totally no content options panel on the Libreelec settings main screen ??