Posts by banditbanger

Why do you go looking and Buying Obscure Named Chinese Branding boxes that aren't mentioned by LE Members as working or at least tested with issues. Metal boxes are not part of the Hardware and Specs.
    Decent Wifi , Decent Quality Card Reader , Fast eMMC flash and a decent Board with Thermal design etc is what we hope for when buying a box.
    I've just googled this Enybox and it is pretty thin on details. The Hardware specs i have found are nothing special. Way overpriced.

Again the same thing puzzles me on why you would have gone for this box. Same trouble finding info with Googling this thing.
    You might want to refine and filter out rarely tested or not tested at all boxes using LE.

You may have Spoofed ram , bad flash , bad wifi chips or inadequate heat dissipation with no thermal design eg: No Heat Sink or no Heat Pad with thermal paste. Open it up and see what's in there. I always open these things up. I can't help myself.

I agree 100%! I made a mistake and bought a Nexbox A95X the first time and it irritates me that the suspend/standby is not working. Otherwise, it is doing great on LE, and I decided to buy two additional boxes. Which boxes are the best to buy right now (tested to run LE by members, good price...)?

Hi I have been using libreELEC 009 build for some time on a MXQ Pro 4K box and have been given another of these boxes with exactly the same PCB board. I made another SD card and got the box to boot to LibreELEC but no sound. On investigating I found Audio Device is set to Bluetooth Pulse Sound in Settings Audio output and I can not change it as it is greyed out even in Expert mode. How do I change this setting Please. All help appreciated. Altstart

Had this exact problem with the latest build (fresh install to SD since I transitioned from 64 bit to 32 bit). Before trying another fresh install, I just put the build and the device tree in the update folder and restarted as in a normal update - voila, the sound started working. Try it.

Universal U-Boot is not a Universal Fix for every Board.
    You can try it at your own RISK.
    I have no idea where this file came from except it is sitting in the cloud and can be downloaded.
    You may want to find out where the files came from and why they were created.

That is why I asked this question in the first place - I cannot seem to find any relevant info, so I was hoping to maybe get some info from someone who tried it or knows more. But thank you anyway.

I need some help please. I'm trying to update my a95x (s905, 1GB/8GB) with the latest development build of 008. I downloaded and renamed to img.gz and dtb.img, put into Update folder via samba access, then reboot and I get an error saying "not find a valid system partition in image file" (see attached photo).

I'm sure it's a stupid mistake on my part - any help will be much appreciated....

Anyone? Tried 3 times already but no luck... Am I missing something?

I need some help please. I'm trying to update my a95x (s905, 1GB/8GB) with the latest development build of 008. I downloaded and renamed to img.gz and dtb.img, put into Update folder via samba access, then reboot and I get an error saying "not find a valid system partition in image file" (see attached photo).

I'm sure it's a stupid mistake on my part - any help will be much appreciated....

I did that, I only posted full names so I could specify the two device trees...

OK, had no time to play with my A95X (S905 non X, 1GB/8GB) for a few days, but yesterday I had a deeper look nad found that there was something wrong with updating. I made a clean SD install and voila - it works with no problems and passthrough is OK, only wake from standby is shot, but AFAIK this is a Nexbox problem? It seems that putting the update files in the update folder did not update the device tree - maybe I was wrong to put the device tree in the Update folder visible over SMB? Although the device did update to the latest build and erased the update files in the folder. I do have two more questions:

1. Is it OK if I manually replace device tree on SD card (should be the surest way)? Should I do it before updating to the latest build or after?
    2. Any of you guys using an air mouse controller like Mele F10 Deluxe? Some buttons are not working correctly and I would appreciate a solution...

Otherwise, GREAT work kszaq!!!! Great to see someone like you have so much patience with the rest of us! I should also thank kostaman and all the others for sharing, it's a great community!

Yes. Actually you don't need a toothpick to boot from SD card again.

Have you read updating notes carefully and updated your device tree?

Sorry, maybe I'm a real noob, but is it correct to put the device tree file in the update folder together with the latest build? This is my method, should I do something else? I also tried both gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb and gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb. I'm running from SD card. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I just tried the new dev build but hdmi passthrough still doesn't work anymore with my mini m8s. ?
    Back on 007 again

Same here... latest dev build and strange results. Movie with DTS-HD MA 7.1 plays OK with an occasional (approx. 10 times per movie) stutter in sound, while playing a movie with regular DTS results in no sound at all and stuttering image. Furthermore, with passthrough disabled, loud popping sounds and stuttering image...

Is there anyone who had success in any build on Nexbox A95X S905 (non X) 1G/8G (success meaning fully working passthrough and normal operation of the box without freezes/hangups)? If so, which build and device tree provide the magical combination?

Thank you! Also thanx to Kszaq, great work, I expect to sort this out this afternoon and enjoy watching movies other stuff. Well, truthfuly, I don't expect to enjoy too much since my Panny plasma went on the "seven blinks of death" a few days ago (will not buy Panny again, 3 out of 3 plasmas (different, but all expensive models) went dead before 5 years of use).
    Just have to wait for the repair:(

Which one are you using now (I have the same box)? Is audio passthrough working OK?