[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Will this auto install to internal nand or do I still need to ssh installtointernal?
    What is the difference between the NAND version and the regular one?

I'm not sure you fully understand that this is a device tree. You should use it in case you have S905X box with NAND (not eMMC) and your internal memory is not detected using a regular device tree.

• On S905X chips, don't you want to be using either the 1gb or the 2 gb file at the bottom??
    b]S905X:[/b] Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount.

You're right, I misread the post and thought he asked about the Nexbox A95x which has the chipset S905. Sorry, my mistake.

Edited once, last by LE2016 (January 24, 2017 at 8:39 PM).

• Hi,

i've been trying this on my TX3 (non pro).
    Works very well with my usb T230 dvb-c adapter

but - for some "burn in" testing, i have been leaving it on a HD channel overnight, when i get up - sometimes it's still on, sometimes it's completely frozen with the TV/frozen image on the screen.
    remote does not work and it requires powering off and on at the mains.

How can i debug this, and/or do you think it's overheating? - will the disable temp sensor one work for s905 (i see in some issue on github it may not work with s905 and only s905x) - and is it also safe to use it..

i'm using tvheadend as the backend and frontend on the same box.

Thanks

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (January 24, 2017 at 10:13 PM).

• I'm not sure you fully understand that this is a device tree. You should use it in case you have S905X box with NAND (not eMMC) and your internal memory is not detected using a regular device tree.

Ah ok. I have a Tronsmart S95x. Original 2gig device tree works fine. Ive installed to internal on 7 boxes so far no problem. Guess it uses eMMC.

• Possible WiFi issue:
    Beelink MXIII II S905X 2/16
    Aigale WiFi chip

I just noticed today - and consistently same after multiple reboots - that the internal WiFi is connected, simultaneously even with Ethernet connection;
    Should the WiFi not be 'idle' (disconnected) with Ethernet present?
    After start-up I've been manually 'disconnecting' the WiFi

I'd like to revisit this one again kszaq - it definitely is causing a problem when the wifi connection is being made simultaneously to the ethernet
    - in the connections it shows two IP addresses, one for eth0 and one for wlan0
    Unless the wifi is manually turned off, it causes connection problems:
    I have a speed tester add-on and it just gets stuck on the ping test (& effectively locks it at that point, can't escape out)
    And of course similarly with streaming links it just does not load properly
    When either one is de-activated, it works just fine.
    Even the WiFi performance is actually not bad, even through a couple of walls and a box which has no external antenna!

Is this possibly because of the fix you introduced to ensure the wifi started (previously there had been a problem with that driver where you you would have to manually disable then re-enable the wifi) and it is proceeding to create the connection EVEN WHEN the ethernet is active?

Again, currently need to manually disconnect the wifi connection in order to have it work with ethernet connected.

I also just tried a test where I unplug the ethernet cable - of course this connection drops off.
    Reconnecting re-establishes that connection, however that does not drop the wifi either
    i.e. it is not just at start-up, even if there is no ethernet initially, connecting it does not cause the wifi to disconnect.

I'm sure this one is quite a low priority for you but if you find some time to examine it, that would be great.
    As always, your development and service to the community are most appreciated!

• Anyone got any ideas, or is this maybe a known bug I have not yet seen here being new in this forum ??? Is it maybe a fault just with this what I believe is a brand new MXQ M12CX S905X model with its beautiful metal case design ??

I have been testing 32 bit versions via SD Card install on numerous boxes and confirm same issues of slow down/lag of OSD and live streams locking picture with audio continuing.
    Currently using TX5 Pro s905x 7.0.3.012d internally.
    Tested MiniMx s905 2gb/16gb, A95x s905 1gb/8gb as well. All bad results with SD Card LE.

The good news is that when i have installed to LE to Internal the issues are gone.

The read/write speeds of these boxes may be the issue here as i have used numerous Fast SD Cards 8gb and 16gb with different results on different boxes.

No matter how fast the SD Card it will bottleneck due to a poor SD Card Hardware supplied with your box.

Try and report back.
    [hr]

I'd like to revisit this one again kszaq - it definitely is causing a problem when the wifi connection is being made simultaneously to the ethernet
    - in the connections it shows two IP addresses, one for eth0 and one for wlan0
    Unless the wifi is manually turned off, it causes connection problems:
    I have a speed tester add-on and it just gets stuck on the ping test (& effectively locks it at that point, can't escape out)
    And of course similarly with streaming links it just does not load properly

TX5 Pro with Qualcomm QCA9377 using Version 7.0.3.012d internal install.
    I have the same simultaneous wifi/ethernet connected at same time.
    I don't have the connection lockups or loading stream links.
    Just letting you know as it must just be isolated to your wifi chip.

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 25, 2017 at 1:35 AM).

• I have the same simultaneous wifi/ethernet connected at same time

Therefor you agree this is a bug - whether or not it affects your particular set-up does not make it 'normal'
    These functions are typically mutually exclusive.
    Also this is not a wifi chip (hardware related) issue - in Android if the Ethernet is plugged in it immediately defaults to that, and disconnects the WiFi
    Therefor it is how it is being controlled by the LibreElec code.

Edited once, last by DEcosse (January 25, 2017 at 4:00 AM).

• Also this is not a wifi chip (hardware related) issue - in Android if the Ethernet is plugged in it immediately defaults to that, and disconnects the WiFi
    Therefor it is how it is being controlled by the LibreElec code.

Amlogic release the linux drivers for the chips so the bug may be related to that.
    Not the same drivers as Android.
    I am only reporting this as i have the same behaviour with wifi being simultaneously active whilst ethernet is connected.
    I just don't have the hangs etc.
    The ip address in Kodi system information is always the ethernet ip address on my box. Always.

Using Fing App on my phone i can see the box has 2 ip addresses on my network.

This is important in letting kszaq know the difference in our chip behaviour.

• I have audio sync issues (lips unsynced).
    Sometimes 350ms, sometimes 100ms...
    I never noticed that before 012d.
    Any other reports ? Any idea ?
    Config : HDMI audio, no passthrough.

• I have Bluetooth issues on 7.0.3.012d build, bluetooth service (or driver) does not run properly on A95x 2/16GB TV box (S905X).

The 7.0.3.012c build was able to detect and pair with my Rii i8+ BT keyboard, but not with my Logitech MX Anywhere 2 mouse. Here are the bluetoothd logs related to this issue:

Code
    Jan 25 08:44:59 nexbox bluetoothd[2785]: No cache for E5:1F:0F:F9:9F:80
    Jan 25 08:45:04 nexbox bluetoothd[2785]: input-hog profile probe failed for E5:1F:0F:F9:9F:80

• I have downloaded the beta3 file and used the LibreElec CD creator to burn the files to the SD card
    • I have downloaded the Device Tree file that has RTL in it as the link above says it has a Realtek wifi. I have then copied that to the SD card, deleted the existing dtd.img file and renamed the device tree file to that.
    • I have then put in in the m9+ box and used the tothpick to reboot it, kept the toothpick in

The bloody LibreElec logo never appears... have kept it pressed down for up to two minutes.

If you renamed the device tree dtd.img, as you state, then that is where your problem lies - it should be dtb.img ;)

• pesh  tecbox I have uploaded gxl device trees with NAND enabled. Please try one of them.

you sir are freaking awesome tested new dtb nand and sailed through zero errors i will now test the funtions and report.

but so far al i can say is THANK YOU i was literally going to return it if i couldnt get libre on it nicely

• Thanks for feedback Kostaman. THis has to be a bug though as never experienced this before with other Linux firmware over several years now. Shame as other than this problem it seems so far great firmware and runs exceeding fast adn well in all other respects. As I pointed out LE is installed to nand here but not tested this problem running it on a new box from the SD card as not got around to installing on the bootup SD card an appropriate add-on to test it to, but will do soon when I get a spare moment.

As I said I think it may well be related to the internet speed from the experience my friend here is having withthis problem on a much slower internet than my very fast one. Is there anything I can do to help with identifying the cause of this bug ??

Yes noticed the 2 connections WIFi and Ethernet, so I just disable the WiFi connection when usign Ethernet. THis I seem to remember was the same with other Linux firmware I have been using too.

RayW

• RayW, since normally it is not required to switch between Wifi and eth connections, have you considered putting something into autostart.sh to disable one or the other at boot as a workaround?

• As I pointed out LE is installed to nand here but not tested this problem running it on a new box from the SD card as not got around to installing on the bootup SD card an appropriate add-on to test it to, but will do soon when I get a spare moment.

I had the symptoms you describe way way back on an s805 using Kodi app in Android.
    It is not relevant but i am mentioning it as when i flashed OpenELEC it fixed issues.

Can you confirm whether your box is using eMMC Flash Memory ?
    I am taking wild guesses here to narrow it down. If your box doesn't have eMMC it is an issue.

Did the 64bit versions of LE display the same issues ?

• Amlogic release the linux drivers for the chips so the bug may be related to that.
    Not the same drivers as Android.
    I am only reporting this as i have the same behaviour with wifi being simultaneously active whilst ethernet is connected.
    I just don't have the hangs etc.
    The ip address in Kodi system information is always the ethernet ip address on my box. Always.

Using Fing App on my phone i can see the box has 2 ip addresses on my network.

This is important in letting kszaq know the difference in our chip behaviour.

I have a MXIII (S812, Android 5) and a M8MiniII (S905X, Android 6), both will show simultaneous WIFI and Ethernet connections in Andriod if I turn WIFI on and connect.... I cant say I ever noticed any degradation in network speed though...

Edited once, last by itsmeedoofer (January 25, 2017 at 11:55 AM).