Posts by LE2016

However, I wrote an update server which runs on the LibreELEC box itself:

Code
    wget https://gist.github.com/anonymous/87cbb357e82ca3eea1dd0f63ab3afbde/raw/a56d459e422f5021b633f59901797613fc3218b5/.updatejsond.py -O /storage/.updatejsond.py
    echo "(python /storage/.updatejsond.py)&">> /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    reboot

The custom update channels are reachable at 'http://localhost:8083/s805-HD18Q', 'http://localhost:8083/s805-MXQ', 'http://localhost:8083/s805-m201d', 'http://localhost:8083/s905' and 'http://localhost:8083/s912'.

I've tried this and it works. Thanks.

Is there a way modify this to download the temp_sensor_disable version as an option or instead of the standard version. One of my Amlogic boxes occasionally fails to boot on the standard version.

What file and how you flash?

I flash with USB Burning tool and file NEXBOX-A95X_8189etv_8g1g_160812_uBootFix.img All was excellent, the android was loaded without problems.

Hi. Thanks for your work.

At first I tried Burn Card Maker v2.0.2 and wrote to a microSD card leaving the options at default; erase bootloader (yes), erase flash (yes - erase in normal), reboot (yes). Using the toothpick method I tried to load from the microSD but something went wrong and my box would only show a black screen, it wouldn't even boot to the splash screen Nexbox.

I then connected my box to my computer with a male-male USB cable and used the USB burning tool v2.0.5.15-build7 along with the file you uploaded, NEXBOX-A95X_8189etv_8g1g_160812_uBootFix.img. This unbricked my box and showed the Nexbox splash screen but wouldn't load Android. This was enough for me to use the toothpick method to load Libreelec from an SD card and then install onto Nand.

I guess the failure to load Android is unique to me because of the failed initial installation. My advice for anyone else having trouble is to use the USB burning tool to install the firmware upgrade.

Thanks again djspawn. I appreciate what you've done.

Hello everybody! I'm glad to inform, I fixed uBoot:

1. Turns on and off from the home remote with the native "Power" button (Android / AlexELEC / LibreELEC)
    2. The LEDs-indicators (were "confused" in places) are fixed: the blue LED is on, the red LED is off.

Firmware(NEXBOX-A95X 8189etv 8g1g 160812 with uboot fix) and uBoot separately can be taken here: MEGA

Add a link to the topic header

This is great. Thanks. I originally used elbuit solution and flashed your firmware as a replacement.

I have a Nexbox A95X S905 1G

I'm not sure why but on my box after the Nexbox logo it doesn't actually load Android but hangs on a black screen. However I tend to replace Android with Libreelec and by using the toothpick method I can first boot to SD and then used the installtointernal to copy Libreelec to Nand. Libreelec is working as an internal installation, I can use the remote to power up the box and the LED colours are correct.

I checked the channel links on my laptop and it looks like the address for updating has changed slightly.
    If anyone else is having trouble and want to get updates working again on the Android box you have to change channel 1.

Original: update.php
    New: https://qwerin.cz/kodi/updateAll.php/

I made this change and now I can update again.
    Note that the change is case sensitive, it must be capital A in 'All'.

On S905X chips, don't you want to be using either the 1gb or the 2 gb file at the bottom??
    b]S905X:[/b] Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount.

You're right, I misread the post and thought he asked about the Nexbox A95x which has the chipset S905. Sorry, my mistake.

Hi
    I know this is a noob question but what is the correct .dtb file for the Nexbox S905X 1G/8G , just dont want to brick by device.

Many thanks

M

I have the same box and I use 'gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb' which has been working correctly for the past few months.
    If you're worried about bricking your box then install and run Libreelec from a SD card. If there are any problems just remove the card and the box goes back to running Android.

Thats exactly what i had to do to get my media buttons to work on my LG remote, back in the RPi days I had created a remote.xml file for proper keymaps on the remote coz the buttons were not assigned to any command. After moving to s905 i just copied that file over but they still didn't work until the cec change.

So maybe you need to look at the kodi wiki and create a remote.xml file for your remote? They probably work since making the cec change but are not assigned to a command.

Hi JonSnow

Thank you for replying. I have an xml file on my 007 installation located at Userdata/keymaps/gen.xml. There is an addon called Keymap Editor that writes inputs to this file which I used to register my CEC keys. I copied this file into the same folder for the 008 installation but unfortunately didn't work. I also tried a few different HDMI cables but had no luck.

As a test I turned on debug logging and left my Android Box idle for a few minutes. Then I pushed each media button multiple times while pointing directly at the TV and after that pressing right to scroll in that direction. The light flashed on my TV each time to show the inputs were registered. I accessed the most recent logfile over Samba and looked for registered CEC inputs. I found the keypresses which match up with my scrolling to one side but none of the media button inputs were recognised. So it seems like the TV recieves the signal but they are not seen by the Android box.

I think seeing as the 007 is currently working for me I'll stick with that version and check back in if a 009 version is released in the future skipping 008. Thanks for the help.

Hello Gerald.

I didn't mean the actual file path. I meant when I load Libreelec I go to System and then the settings page. I choose input devices, then peripherals and an option pops up for CEC adapter. Sorry I wasn't clearer. For myself the actual file path is Userdata/peripheral_data/cec_0000_0000.xml. I compared this file in 007 and 008 and they are identical.
    K0HxKWpZ

In the S905 general thread at post #177 it was mentioned changing "device_type" value="4" to "device_type" value="1" but that didn't make a difference.

Your goona have to search the s905 general thread, but there is an option to change the CEC output device that enables the media playback buttons. At least that was the case for my TV.

Hi. Thanks for replying. I tried looking through the general thread but couldn't find how to change the output device. I also looked in system/input/peripherals/cec settings but didn't see any option there either. Not sure if it's relevant but my TV is a 2012 Panasonic plasma.

I'm running 7.0.2.008 on a S905 Android Box, the Nexbox A95X. I use a Universal Remote to control my Android box over HDMI-CEC. The remote has additional media buttons for Play/Pause/FW etc.

I was using 7.0.2.007 and upgraded using LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz. When I updated to 008 the media buttons no longer worked. I can still browse menus over HDMI and skip forward and back while playing video using the Up/Down/Left/Right keys on the remote. I tried using the addon Keymap Editor but it seems like the media buttons inputs are not detected.
    I've reverted back to 007 and now the media buttons are working correctly. I've attached zipped logs for both 007 and 008. I also uploaded to Pastebin the main Kodi logs.

01_KODI_008 - Pastebin.com
    01_KODI_007 - Pastebin.com

I quickly looked through the logfile for 007 and at line 858 onward the media buttons are logged as Pause, PlayPause and FastForward.

First, please read the rules on reporting bugs: LibreELEC

You shouldn't have posted this bug in General Support area since a) these are "Community" builds, not supported by LE team and b) I never look at General Support Forum.

In most cases I need full system log to look at the issue, Kodi log is not enough.

A workaround for you would be to use 1080p60 instead of 720p60 for GUI.

As Libreelec defaulted to 720p60 and my TV is not Full HD I didn't think to try running at 1080p60. That seems to have fixed the problem I was having. I appreciate your help and the work you've done on this build. Thanks.

Just curious: why is a fully new topic necessary when you can simply add to your previous topic?

Hi.
    I did note at the bottom of the 2nd post that the problem was more general than just when I stop a movie playing in 24 hz mode. I felt the first post title wasn't accurate and I didn't know if it was allowed to edit a thread subject line after it had been posted.
    I can merge the two post into one if that is a better option and delete one of the threads. If so which thread should I delete. The one in General support or the one in Community/Amlogic.
    Thanks

Hello

I'm running 7.0.2.007 build 007 on a S905 Android Box, the Nexbox A95X.

When I play a video file it plays correctly. My TV switches to 24 Hz mode and it looks great. The problem is when I try stopping the file the screen goes black, flashes momentarily then goes back to a black screen. Libreelec is still running in the background and if I start playback again the video starts playing and usually I can stop the file safely the second time but sometimes the issue persists.

I've found this only happens when the setting 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate' is enabled, which switches my TV from its normal playback mode of 720p60 to 24 Hz mode when I click a file. If I uncheck this option my display is kept in 720p60 and works correctly.

It seems something goes wrong during the switch between refresh rates. I'd really like a working 24 Hz mode if possible as it doesn't have the judder effect.

I enabled logging in the settings and copied the logfile off the Android box if that's useful.
    rVsbuYH2

Thanks for any help

Edit: 21-09-16
    I've looked into it this issue a bit more and uploaded another log file.
    8tzWt2gR

I played the file three times and the first two times the screen stayed black when I stopped playback. The third time the screen refreshed correctly and showed the Libreelec menu.
    Failed playback 1. Lines 533 - 804
    Failed playback 2. Lines 805 - 1070
    Correct playback. Lines 1071 - 1333
    I don't see anything standing out though.

Edit: 25-09-16
    Marked as solved