[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Great, thank you a lot!

Have you tried using sleep / nosleep option with hciattach? I'm curious whether this could resolve this as well.

Happy to be able to help! :)

The sleep option is only used for Atheros devices though, I think this patch is the only way to fix it.
    hciattach.c\tools - bluez.git - Bluetooth protocol stack for Linux
    hciattach.c\tools - bluez.git - Bluetooth protocol stack for Linux

Also maybe it's a good idea to leave the init speed to the default hciattach.c\tools - bluez.git - Bluetooth protocol stack for Linux
    but the default final speed (3000000) doesn't seem to work. Maybe we should use standard baud rates for the final speed (thought I didn't try to optimize this yet) e.g.:

Edited once, last by meijjaa (January 24, 2017 at 9:17 AM).

• kszaq

Regarding the AP6212a, I have only tested with your 7.9 beta3 build, working fine with the udev rules posted by _BLAST3R.

I can do a fresh install of the new 7.03 build if it helps.

• You are doing something wrong with a device tree.

Did not realise the device trees were changing with the releases - the filenames remain the same so assumed they were not changing (I know - its always dangerous to assume).

I can now confirm that the latest 012d release is working on my Minix U1 with the correct device tree.

Thanks for the prompt reply, keep up the good work!

• The speeds that we need to use is 115200 for initial communication and 2000000 afterwards. Thank you for the patch, I will include it in my next build!

• The speeds that we need to use is 115200 for initial communication and 2000000 afterwards. Thank you for the patch, I will include it in my next build!

Alright, thanks!
    [hr]

Is 'wait for network' fixed in 012d? In 012c it stopped working after upgrading from 011. I had to create a ping autostart.sh myself.

Did you try to toggle the option in the GUI? Also are you sure it's the network connection? I noticed that sometimes the date isn't setup in time which also causes problems. Virtual RTC will just set the date to 1-1-2015 since we don't have a real RTC and the ntp client isn't triggered in time or at all.

Edited once, last by meijjaa (January 24, 2017 at 12:02 PM).

• Hi
    I know this is a noob question but what is the correct .dtb file for the Nexbox S905X 1G/8G , just dont want to brick by device.

Many thanks

M

I have the same box and I use 'gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb' which has been working correctly for the past few months.
    If you're worried about bricking your box then install and run Libreelec from a SD card. If there are any problems just remove the card and the box goes back to running Android.

• I have the same box and I use 'gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb' which has been working correctly for the past few months.
    If you're worried about bricking your box then install and run Libreelec from a SD card. If there are any problems just remove the card and the box goes back to running Android.

On S905X chips, don't you want to be using either the 1gb or the 2 gb file at the bottom??
    [/quote] b]S905X:[/b] Device trees for these boxes start with gxl. You can leave a tree that is already present on SD card (fresh install only) or choose one according to your RAM amount.
    [/quote]

Edited once, last by kodiuser1 (January 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM).

• Hi there,

I found an issue when using HDMI pass through with Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) encoding - there is a audio delay of about 300ms. Other encodings seem to be working fine, and there is no issue when the option "Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver" is not selected (which effectively disables pass through for this encoding). I'm using the 7.0.3.012c build on a WeTek Hub with an E-AC3 capable AVR between the Hub and the TV.

• Am asking for help before I lose the will to live... what am I doing wrong...!

Have got a M9+ box (this one to be exact:Click Here)

• I have downloaded the beta3 file and used the LibreElec CD creator to burn the files to the SD card
    • I have downloaded the Device Tree file that has RTL in it as the link above says it has a Realtek wifi. I have then copied that to the SD card, deleted the existing dtd.img file and renamed the device tree file to that.
    • I have then put in in the m9+ box and used the tothpick to reboot it, kept the toothpick in

The bloody LibreElec logo never appears... have kept it pressed down for up to two minutes.

Have tried various other images, but the LibreElec logo never appears!

Help, what am I doing wrong... spent hours on it last night and don't want to do the same this evening!!

EDIT: Well that's just typical..... 3 hours last night, about 40 mins this evening, write this and then think I'll give it one last go and this time it sodding works... I need a drink!

Edited once, last by dsmuk (January 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM).

• Hi all. I am new here on this forum introduced here by an old freind and member here. Been many years with Amlogic boxes coming up with MX Linux and the old single core A7 based boxes. However brand new to LibreElec which I have now got working on soem MXQ M12CX S905X metal cased boxes I was sent in error (should have been M12 S805 boxes but no longer available). Much appreciate your fantastic work here kszaq, so many thanks and respect to you for this great fast S905/S905X firmware.

Anyhow with great help from my friend I ran one of these S905X MXQ boxes from the SD card as prescribed with V7.0.2.009 64 bit build and all was fine and thus did the installtointernal and all good apart from the main problem below which has been present with all builds. However now seems much worse with some KODI add-ons. I used the same remote.conf file as I used to use on the S805 boxes (remote mapped the same) with Ember firmware and this did the trick wonderfully.

I converted to 7.0.3.012c (completing the prescribed procedure for switching from 64bit to 32bit) and now to 012d today and again all is fine except two bugs, one quite serious. The less serious one is I enabled the Libre 7 update channel in the LibreElec settings and now I cannot see any content in the settings panel for the top System option, all other options are okay. Even a full hard power off reboot will not bring it back but strangely after the box being in overnight sleep mode (red indicator on from the remote power down button) the content was back there again, so I could run say Backups again. Then later in the day the System option content disappeared again as it is agian right now. Odd ??

The main fault which was present in 009 and now with 012c and 012d is much more problematic. With many add-ons (pity as I really need to name them and do not think I can here !!), and particualrly those that play catchup TV, when I go to actually stream the video, then as normal you get the spinning working icon bottom right and then the screen should go blank momentorilly and the video stream play. However with all the 3 versions of LE I have installed it now goes to the video stream and plays but shows a frozen "working" icon and I have no remote control functions at all. Indeed no control with a wireless keyboard either, but the video stream carries on playing fine. After a few seconds, or sometimes after a few minutes, control then comes back and the frozen "working" icon disappears (if indeed it actually appeared as soemtimes it does not). On a freind's set up where he has a much slower internet connection (mine is a very fast 200Mb down and 50 Mb up from a good ISP) the time taken for control to come back with this problem is quite a bit longer than for me.

So it seems (and I am trying to logically guess here) that it only restores control when the streaming cache is either full or nearly full and that is why I feel it is worse on my friends slower internet connection and why it also varies as to how long you have to wait for control, with different far end servers that are selected for streaming from. Furthermore on the TV catchup addons I use, skipping forward or back often causes a blank or frozen frame screen and the time bar stays stuck, but the audio still plays okay ??? If I close the stream and rerun it up it plays okay if run from the beginning but if I choose Resume from xx:xx time then all I get is a completely blank screen but again with the audio playing and the same delay before I get remote control back again, and worse sometimes I do not get control back and have to pull the power plug for a hard reboot !!

Anyone got any ideas, or is this maybe a known bug I have not yet seen here being new in this forum ??? Is it maybe a fault just with this what I believe is a brand new MXQ M12CX S905X model with its beautiful metal case design ??

Cheers
    Ray Walton

Edited once, last by RayW (January 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM).

• Hi i made a good old amazon slip yesterday i thought i was getting the s905 but it seems upon arrival i have the mxqpro s905x now instead i have managed to make it work great on sdcard using this version 7.0.3.012d with dtb.img box is mxqpro 20160920 v12

i then tried to installtointernal but this is where i fail i ssh into box and issue instaltointernal and then get this

Type "yes" if you know what you are doing or anything else to exit: yes
    Cannot parse config file '/etc/fw_env.config': Invalid argument
    Error: environment not initialized
    Backing up remote.conf...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: No such file or directory
    umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument
    done.
    Writing kernel image...done.
    Formatting SYSTEM partition...The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.
    done.
    Copying SYSTEM files...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: No such file or directory
    umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument
    done.
    Writing device tree image...done.
    Formatting DATA partition...The file /dev/data does not exist and no size was specified.
    done.

please can anyone suggest what i could try to get libreelec into nand on this box and thank you for your time

Edited once, last by tecbox (January 24, 2017 at 4:01 PM).