Posts by dsmuk

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this but I have had to replace one of my 905X boxes. I used to have it fully installed to NAND but can now only get it to load from NAND if the SD card use is present.

Before I didn't need to have the card present, and not need to on my other 905 box.

I took the card from my GoPro and now cant take it out!

How can I load it fully to NAND without the SD card?

I have a fresh install on a 905 Kii Pro box but am getting this error message within Sabnzbd?

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.sabnzbd/scripts/nzbToSickBeard.py", line 257, in <module> import nzbToMedia File "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.sabnzbd/scripts/nzbToMedia.py", line 518, in <module> from libs.six import text_type ImportError: No module named libs.six

What could be causing this? When I search it just provides details about installing Python.

Any advice much appreciate!

Am asking for help before I lose the will to live... what am I doing wrong...!

Have got a M9+ box (this one to be exact:Click Here)

• I have downloaded the beta3 file and used the LibreElec CD creator to burn the files to the SD card
    • I have downloaded the Device Tree file that has RTL in it as the link above says it has a Realtek wifi. I have then copied that to the SD card, deleted the existing dtd.img file and renamed the device tree file to that.
    • I have then put in in the m9+ box and used the tothpick to reboot it, kept the toothpick in

The bloody LibreElec logo never appears... have kept it pressed down for up to two minutes.

Have tried various other images, but the LibreElec logo never appears!

Help, what am I doing wrong... spent hours on it last night and don't want to do the same this evening!!

EDIT: Well that's just typical..... 3 hours last night, about 40 mins this evening, write this and then think I'll give it one last go and this time it sodding works... I need a drink!

Here's how I got it working,

Installed Rsync via the LibreElec Repository from with Kodi

Then via WinSCP I did this....

Within this folder I created two files

Code
    /storage/.config/udev.rules.d

• USBCopy.rules
    • USBCopy.sh

USBCopy.rules
    The name/label of the USB drive in this is the very inventive USB_Hard_Drive

Code
    ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]1", ENV{ID_FS_LABEL}=="USB_Hard_Drive", RUN+="/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/USBCopy.sh"

USBCopy.sh
    Had the code wait for 20 seconds while it was mounted, it then displayed a notification to say it was copying the TVShows folder, when done moved on to the Movies folder

The blue writing is the local folder, the green is the folder on the USB Drive I want the files to go to

Finally had to make the USBCopy.sh file executable

Code
    /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/USBCopy.sh

I then rebooted the computer and when I plugged in the hard drive it began to work. If I have done anything wrong please let me know!

This is what I use at the moment for the Kodi logo. I would like to make this the LibreElec logo and the Kodi logo.

It's not a problem if not... you guys are doing an amazing job and here I am nitpicking over an image that appears for a few seconds!

Not the most earth shattering feature request but would it be possible to have a custom boot screen.

It could it live in the same folder as the Kodi boot logo.

At the moment mine has the following logos at boot... Acer Revo, LibreElec, Kodi

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I use Rsync to backup my hard drive to another drive

Is it possible to initiate rsync from within Kodi?

Not able to use cron as the hard drive is not always plugged in and so can not happen at a set date/time. At the moment I load Putty via the laptop and enter the code to make it run.