[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• I have 2 nexbox A95x S905 1g/8g. I have them both running the temp sensor disabled img. One is running the .11 dev build gcb8de5f and it works great on usb. The other one is on .12c and it takes over a minute to do any function.. Would anyone have the mentioned dev build img.. I would like to try it on this box.. I have already tried different usb drives

thanks

• Sorry guys for 2 "stupid" question :

a) when you talk about "connect to your box over SSH" - do i need to set up anything on my box (Beelink MINI MXIII II) ? I still use original Beeling Android 6.0.1 and want to move to LE
    b) i am trying to access via network (router). I propably need to configuring my Router for SSH (btw i use Tomato by Toastman on my Asus) ?
    I am able to ping my box. On Putty i am currently getting Network error : Connection refused.

BR

Edited once, last by humaxboy (January 18, 2017 at 6:15 PM).

• Sorry guys for 2 "stupid" question :

a) when you talk about "connect to your box over SSH" - do i need to set up anything on my box (Beelink MINI MXIII II) ? I still use original Beeling Android 6.0.1 and want to move to LE
    b) i am trying to access via network (router). I propably need to configuring my Router for SSH (btw i use Tomato by Toastman on my Asus) ?
    I am able to ping my box. On Putty i am currently getting Network error : Connection refused.

BR

a) SSH is not needed to begin with, create image on microsd card, with the initial libreelec setup, there is an option to select ssh, but it's not needed.

b) with the box booting to libreelec note the ip. you shouldn't need to touch the router. with the ip address I use coreftp lite, user root password libreelec ssh uses the same user & password.

If you type \\libreelec in windows explorer, you should see the folders.

I only use ssh when I want to install to NAND,

• And what to do with uboot img? Also this works on all s905 devices?
    I have LE installed to nand and i dont want to reinstall android only because of this so any chance to flash this img from twrp?
    Thanks

The .img file is just an alternative method of creating an usb / sdcard with the necessary files on it. Instead of copying the files aml_autoscript.zip and aml_autoscript , you can just write the .img file to your sdcard or usb drive with an app like win32diskimager.

You can probably also install the script by chosing "install from zip" within your recovery.

And yes, its an universal version which should be compatible with all S905 models (but I cant guarantee anything).

Why do you want to update your bootloader, is there some problems you experiencing?

• The .img file is just an alternative method of creating an usb / sdcard with the necessary files on it. Instead of copying the files aml_autoscript.zip and aml_autoscript , you can just write the .img file to your sdcard or usb drive with an app like win32diskimager.

You can probably also install the script by chosing "install from zip" within your recovery.

And yes, its an universal version which should be compatible with all S905 models (but I cant guarantee anything).

Why do you want to update your bootloader, is there some problems you experiencing?

because i had boot issues with all builds after 009 (temp disabled is ok)
    now i understand what that .img file is for
    but now i can't get into twrp on all my players (mini mx 1/8g, mini mxiii), i put recovery.img and stock dtb.img on microsdsd card but i can't boot by holding reset button (this worked earlier), tried with another usb/microsd and same happens - holding reset button when power is plugged in the box reboots every 2-3 sec, LE 7.0.3.012 installed to nand
    but it's strange that LE boots fine from the same usb...

• Thank you for the extensive information you provided. 4K and HDR are a low priority issues for me because there are still other things to solve and I don't have equipment to test. I have a few ideas for these but you really need to wait. Or PR fixes, which would be very welcome. :)

I wish I could help, but linux and amlogic hardware isn't my forte, unfortunately.
    I took a look at the code and I really doubt I could provide fixes, at least for the issues I listed above, I wouldn't even know where to start.

• I have new 905x box with android 6. It's seems the kernel do not recognize the NAND. After first boot from SD it took long time Setup Wizard to appear. Remote don't work ( i guess copy .conf from android fails ).

installtointernal output

Cannot parse config file '/etc/fw_env.config': Invalid argument
    Error: environment not initialized
    Backing up device tree...done.
    Writing kernel image...done.
    Formatting SYSTEM partition...The file /dev/system does not exist and no size was specified.
    done.
    Copying SYSTEM files...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: No such file or directory
    umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument
    done.
    Writing device tree image...done.
    Formatting DATA partition...The file /dev/data does not exist and no size was specified.
    done.
    Restoring remote.conf...mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: No such file or directory
    umount: can't unmount /tmp/system: Invalid argument
    done.

• I know nothing about logs. I would try writing the image to sd card again with a different device tree. IF it works ok, then install to NAND

• Hi,

First, sorry for my bad english.

I would know how to mod the img, beacause I have 2 box and I want to host a modded update file on my server to update my boxs with pre-installed config.

I have already created a script to dl the update to /storage/.update but I dont know how can I mod the img file...

Thanks a lot for the help

• How to apply uboot (dual boot) : Add the 2 files (aml_autoscript.zip and aml_autoscript) in a FAT formatted USB or SD card (max partition space 2GB). Then use the Update&Backup app in android, select the "aml_autoscript.zip" file and click on update. Your device will boot to recovery and apply the uboot script.

Sounded interesting - but doesn't work at all with MiniMX (footer error and signature error).
    There's no actual new uboot file, so what is aml_autoscript actually doing? (On the boxes it does work with)

• Sounded interesting - but doesn't work at all with MiniMX (footer error and signature error).
    There's no actual new uboot file, so what is aml_autoscript actually doing? (On the boxes it does work with)

I think there is Typo in the add 2 files ?
    I believe the instructions regarding file names are eg: MiniMx

s905_uboot_mini_mx.zip
    aml_autoscript

• I think there is Typo in the add 2 files ?
    I believe the instructions regarding file names are eg: MiniMx

s905_uboot_mini_mx.zip
    aml_autoscript

No, doesn't matter which zip is used, 2 errors - footer is wrong and fails signature verification.
    If I re-sign the zip files, the two errors disappear but the Installation still aborts.

Merziyas Which box did you have success with this on?
    Is there another file that is supposed to be on the SD card, along with aml_autoscript & aml_autoscript.zip?

Edited once, last by Poida (January 20, 2017 at 2:00 AM).

• It looks like the .012c build doesn't fix the bluetooth on the Nexbox A95x S905 (non-x) 2gb/16gb box.

It worked on build .009 with the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb file.

The with 012b and 012c builds bluetooth is not detected using the respective gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb file.

Is there a log or anything I can provide to help with this?

• Can someone please let me know what commands I need to enter via SSH to identify my boxes bluetooth chipset. lsmod indicates that the bluetooth module isn't loaded.

• Can someone please let me know what commands I need to enter via SSH to identify my boxes bluetooth chipset. lsmod indicates that the bluetooth module isn't loaded.

Run these and post results:
    dmesg | paste
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* | paste
    lsusb -vvv | paste