[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Yeah, the problem is solved! Like I thought the problem was the old uboot version of my device. After I updated the uboot to newest universal 0.6 version, I made a new sd-card with the generic 2GB RAM-1GBIT ETHERNET dtb file and rebooted to recovery. Now version 7.03.012c works like a charm!

Where can I find this universal uboot 0.6 version? Thanks!

• For MiniMx III & 012c release, with :
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

everything is working perfectly !!
    no more kodi crashes ;)

• Hi,

Please upload a sample file. The extended info hotkey is shift + ctrl + O.

Hi.
    I am ready. Please write about libreelec support upload address when I will be able to upload my sample. Zip file is 115MB big. (It is too large to attach it to the message in this forum)

Edited once, last by Tom0000 (January 19, 2017 at 7:16 AM).

• Where can I find this universal uboot 0.6 version? Thanks!

You can find it here: Yandex.Disk

There is a folder called "update_uboot". In that folder there is an universal version (up to date) and also in another folder there are brand-specific versions. But the last ones are little outdated, I was using one of these for my device first. Had problems with LibreElec stuck on AMlogic boot logo. But after updating to universal uboot version 0.6, this solved my issue. But I advice, if you dont have this same problem as me, don't use it (don't fix if it aint broken).

How to apply uboot (dual boot) : Add the 2 files (aml_autoscript.zip and aml_autoscript) in a FAT formatted USB or SD card (max partition space 2GB). Then use the Update&Backup app in android, select the "aml_autoscript.zip" file and click on update. Your device will boot to recovery and apply the uboot script.

• kszaq (or anyone else who can assist) - if I may ask for some guidance; Sorry for distraction from all your other fine efforts!

I use Black Glass Nova Skin and there is no 'reboot from nand' option - I was looking to add this and possibly copy code from your version of Confluence Skin
    - looking in the dialogbuttonmenu.xml under the Confluence Skin 720p folder (from your version) but I don't see reference to that.
    Am I looking in right place?
    or can you give some direction as to how I might add that capability (reboot from nand) to my skin of choice?

Edited once, last by DEcosse (January 17, 2017 at 9:00 PM).

• Hi there,

I have a question. i've had some t95n s905x boxes installed with version 7.0.3.011 with no problems. But now i've ordered from another store also t95n
    but when i install version 11 or even other versions the wifi won't work. is it possible these boxes aren't the same? i've opened one up and it says T95X 8189. does anyone know about this?

Thanks in advance

• kszaq
    After about a week of testing there seems to be a few issues with my Sunvell T95M S905X box. It's connected to a Vizio M60-D1 display using the latest 3.0.12.2 firmware. And I have used the included dtb file.
    I'm not sure if it's simply a S905X limitation, something is wrong with my particular box or something that can possibly be corrected\patched\worked-around in LibreELEC.
    I understand that 4K is still experimental, I hope this info can help track down issues. I would also like to help in testing solutions, if you're interested.

1) When HDMI output is set to 4K@60Hz, 4K@30FPS and 4K@60FPS H.264 clips create weird artifacts where some frames seem to be shifted to the side. This includes both the video and Kodi OSD. I was able to recreate it with any 4K@30/60FPS H.264 clip.
    It doesn't happen if output is set to 4K@30Hz or anything below 4K from what I could see.

2) 4K@60FPS videos in any codec don't play well, there's a lot of frame drops and buffering going on. It buffers even in really low bitrate stuff, like Buck Bunny. (but this issue is not limited to LE, I had the same problem on Android, so maybe it's a S905X issue?). I tried it with H.264, HEVC and VP9 videos, HDR and SDR, all behave in the same way.
    The thing I found odd is that 4K@50FPS videos play perfectly fine, and of course 24, 25, 30FPS play fine as well.

3) This issue happens on Android as well, and could be a display/box compatibility issue, but I'll get it out there. When I play an HDR10 video, the display switches into HDR mode, but when the video ends or I stop it, it doesn't switch back out. This only happens when the refresh rate is NOT changed (when I play 30FPS or 60FPS videos). If I play a 24P video with auto refresh matching enabled, when the display switches back to 60Hz once the video stops, the display goes back to non-HDR mode.

4) VP9 Profile 2 (from the Kodi wiki Sample page) and HLG videos do not trigger HDR mode.

Other than that everything else has been perfect so far, thanks a lot for your hard work!

• Hi!
    I purchased a TV-Box "K1 Plus" S905 Android 5.1, 1GB RAM 8GB ROM
    These boxes are of two types - without DVB receiver (pictured left), and DVB receiver (pictured right). Both have 4 USB port.
    I have the without DVB receiver!
    Which file "device treess" should be used? gxbb_p200_k1_plus.dtb or gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb

• I think this is the wifi module since it is closest to the antenna wire. it reads SCI s9082c i think
    when i google that number i get this http://big5.made-in-china.com/gongying/g...HnjYZ.html
    looks similar exept for the antenna mount

I have no idea what that chip is. Can you post logs from LE to see if there's some more common WiFi chip inside and if there's any hope to get a driver for it?

kszaq
    After about a week of testing there seems to be a few issues with my Sunvell T95M S905X box. It's connected to a Vizio M60-D1 display using the latest 3.0.12.2 firmware. And I have used the included dtb file.
    I'm not sure if it's simply a S905X limitation, something is wrong with my particular box or something that can possibly be corrected\patched\worked-around in LibreELEC.
    I understand that 4K is still experimental, I hope this info can help track down issues. I would also like to help in testing solutions, if you're interested.

Thank you for the extensive information you provided. 4K and HDR are a low priority issues for me because there are still other things to solve and I don't have equipment to test. I have a few ideas for these but you really need to wait. Or PR fixes, which would be very welcome. :)

• You can find it here: Yandex.Disk

There is a folder called "update_uboot". In that folder there is an universal version (up to date) and also in another folder there are brand-specific versions. But the last ones are little outdated, I was using one of these for my device first. Had problems with LibreElec stuck on AMlogic boot logo. But after updating to universal uboot version 0.6, this solved my issue. But I advice, if you dont have this same problem as me, don't use it (don't fix if it aint broken).

How to apply uboot (dual boot) : Add the 2 files (aml_autoscript.zip and aml_autoscript) in a FAT formatted USB or SD card (max partition space 2GB). Then use the Update&Backup app in android, select the "aml_autoscript.zip" file and click on update. Your device will boot to recovery and apply the uboot script.

And what to do with uboot img? Also this works on all s905 devices?
    I have LE installed to nand and i dont want to reinstall android only because of this so any chance to flash this img from twrp?
    Thanks