[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi.

I have found out that the load average is always above 1, usually around 1.4-1.6 when the box is idle. (s905x 2gb/16gb - version 012 32bit)

Does this build contains some kind of daemon that always run in the background ?

• Is there a reason you didn't use the K3 device tree ?
    Or did it fail. ?

It fails to me.

The device tree named "gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb" it must be only for the KIII PRO that has an s912, it doesn't make much sense though, I'm not sure if this build also works in s912 devices.

Edited once, last by jmartinez50 (January 16, 2017 at 10:35 AM).

• It fails to me.

The device tree named "gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb" it must be only for the KIII PRO that has an s912, it doesn't make much sense though, I'm not sure if this build also works in s912 devices.

No s912 Versions Here At LE.

I think Merziyas might have to Flash AceMax Android Firmware then do what you have done.
    [hr]

Hi jmartinez, I think I have the same device as yours. Which dtb.img file are you using? Because I didnt manage to get any of them to work for my device with the newer builds. Could you please share your dtb.img file with me? Thanks in advance.

https://mega.nz/#F!rUVWQCKB!LjzjS5vBNqVEubHsRbJdlg

ACEMAX KIII S905 2GB 16GB (20161129)

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM).

• Noob to Libreelec (have run Kodi for a while now on various hardware devices though so not a complete noob) but have an issue with my remote (have searched the forums and wiki but not found anything useful so far!).

Sammix R95S S905X Android box, running this build from SD card currently (working VERY well, awesome work, thanks :) ) - except the remote....well one button on the remote, the 'OK'/Select button. Every other key appears to mapped correctly and does what i expect it to do, but i cant actually select anything as the 'OK/Select' button ISNT working at all. The 'repeat action' doesnt appear to work either (i have to press down repeatedly to move down thru a menu, for example, instead of being able to just hold the down button) but that is less of an issue than 'OK'/Select not working!

Have grabbed the remote.conf from the Droid side of the box, moved it to the config folder but still nothing.

Have looked at the file itself, but dont have a clue where to start with it to remap the key - only thing i notice about the file is that it appears to have 3 modes of operation, with different codes for the 'OK' button in each mode...? Do i need to force a specific mode to try the different codes...? If so, how do i do this..?

Apologies if this shouldn't be posted to this thread (please let me know where it should go if this is the case!)

THIA for ANY assistance....!

Dongers

• It's not just your box acting weird. I'm having the exact same problem with a Venz V10 (s905, identical to a K1 Plus) and a X96 (s905X). I'm using an USB bluetooth adapter on both boxes as they don't have onboard bluetooth. Always worked fine until now. The modprobe seems to work though but is not persistent across reboots.

Just add "modprobe 8723bs" to "autostart.sh" ("autostart.sh" should be placed inside "Configfiles", if it doesn't exists just create it, You can simple edit it through Your tvbox network shares).

• Thanks for this awesome build! I have it successfully running on a Mini M8S and a T95x with the latest 7.0.3.12 build. One major issue is that it seems that this latest build broke the PVR addons with a "Can't Load Dll" error message. I tried both the TVHeadend HTSP PVR and the IPTV Simple PVR and both came up with the error, even after uninstalling/reinstalling the addons. Noticed that others were having some similar issues. Any fix to this? Other than that, this setup seems to be the best by far! Very nice work!

• Thanks for this awesome build! I have it successfully running on a Mini M8S and a T95x with the latest 7.0.3.12 build. One major issue is that it seems that this latest build broke the PVR addons with a "Can't Load Dll" error message. I tried both the TVHeadend HTSP PVR and the IPTV Simple PVR and both came up with the error, even after uninstalling/reinstalling the addons. Noticed that others were having some similar issues. Any fix to this? Other than that, this setup seems to be the best by far! Very nice work!

I had the same problem. You need to clean add-on cache, as is explained in first post (

Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/*

), reboot and then reinstall add-ons. It worked for me.

• My current setup is Beelink MiniMXIII II > AVR > TV
    I have CEC turned off on the TV and AVR
    I disabled the CEC adapter in Libeelec
    I set fw_setenv cecconfig cec0x0 on the beelink box.

But the beelink still powers off after a while if the AVR is turned off. (I want it to stay on)
    Is there something I am missing?

Edited once, last by Msan (January 16, 2017 at 8:03 PM).

• I had the same problem. You need to clean add-on cache, as is explained in first post (

Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/*

), reboot and then reinstall add-ons. It worked for me.

Thanks! That did the trick! Appreciate the help!

• So this means you tried the s905/7.0.3.012/device_trees/????

gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb

With http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012...led.img.gz

Thats right, I tried every one of them including the one you mentioned. But maybe I know what can cause my problem. I read kszaq wrote somewhere in another topic that some bootloaders cant recognise multiple device dtb's. I have installed uboot / dual boot script first for my Acemax KIII, it was an older script I found on another site few months ago. So now my device looks for sdcard or usb first at bootup. So I never had to use the "boot in recovery" method for kszaq's build. Maybe my bootloader is outdated and doesnt recognize the multi device compatible dtb's. I have recently updated uboot to newest universal 0.6 version. Will try some more testing with the dtb's soon and also try the "boot to recovery" installation method. Hope thats the issue and I can get it working.

By the way, Acemax is one of the manufacturers of the KIII device but not the only one. Because I bought it from Chinese reseller Im not sure if I have the Acemax brand. So dont wanna brick my device by updating to another Acemax android firmware, android is working fine as of now.

Edited once, last by Merziyas (January 17, 2017 at 12:10 AM).

• Can you generate the .zip (recovery file) as with version 011?

I have tried updating using the .img file and ended up with a non-bootable box. So would prefer to flash new version from TWRP recovery.

As last resort you can flash Acemax firmware.
    Just note these KIII's are just boxes Manufactured by one Chinese Factory and then they are only as good as the
    Firmware flashed on them.
    I have never owned an Acemax product but know from reading research that their Firmware is better than most.
    Good luck with it.

• Hi.
    I am new user of libreelec. I am new owner of nexbox 2G/16G on amlogic S905X. I installed 7.0.3.012c to nand (after one day tests by usb). This is my first libreelec. I do not have any experience with previous versions. I observed very big inprovements in compare to Kodi working under android ... Thank you very much for the hard work in libreelec .
    I have a problem with ... hm configuring new system ? .
    I used the material stored by my sat receiver dreambox 8000 on channel Domo HD to .ts file in full hd (creaded by Enigma2). Kodi/libreelec had very big problem with playing this material. I used O key from keyboard for observe paramaters of hardware work and I saw 80% utilisation of each core as standard with max to 97%. The result of playing was video shredded , over a dozen frames / second , not 50 (setting of device fullhd / 50 frames. "O" menu does not show current number of frames in played video. Is other way to find this infomation? ). System freezed for a moment for synchronization from time to time. It was very hard to see. The utilisation of processor resulted bad cooperation with keyboard and remote.
    It has to be a wrong configuration and can not be a standard behavior. As I wrote earlier I have not experience with libreelec ... maybe someone share a suggestions ?
    (Should I use a build with disabled temperature sensor ? When I touch the box , it is cool.)
    Best regards

Edit

The problem was in add on installed by me. When i removed it from kodi the same video works good with 2 to 20% core utilisation.

Edited once, last by Tom0000 (January 20, 2017 at 8:58 PM).

• Hi,

Please upload a sample file. The extended info hotkey is shift + ctrl + O.

As last resort you can flash Acemax firmware.
    Just note these KIII's are just boxes Manufactured by one Chinese Factory and then they are only as good as the
    Firmware flashed on them.
    I have never owned an Acemax product but know from reading research that their Firmware is better than most.
    Good luck with it.

Thanks again. Can I just put these 3 files on an usb-drive and flash the firmware .zip file with the update app in android?
    [hr]

Thats right, I tried every one of them including the one you mentioned. But maybe I know what can cause my problem. I read kszaq wrote somewhere in another topic that some bootloaders cant recognise multiple device dtb's. I have installed uboot / dual boot script first for my Acemax KIII, it was an older script I found on another site few months ago. So now my device looks for sdcard or usb first at bootup. So I never had to use the "boot in recovery" method for kszaq's build. Maybe my bootloader is outdated and doesnt recognize the multi device compatible dtb's. I have recently updated uboot to newest universal 0.6 version. Will try some more testing with the dtb's soon and also try the "boot to recovery" installation method. Hope thats the issue and I can get it working.

By the way, Acemax is one of the manufacturers of the KIII device but not the only one. Because I bought it from Chinese reseller Im not sure if I have the Acemax brand. So dont wanna brick my device by updating to another Acemax android firmware, android is working fine as of now.

Yeah, the problem is solved! Like I thought the problem was the old uboot version of my device. After I updated the uboot to newest universal 0.6 version, I made a new sd-card with the generic 2GB RAM-1GBIT ETHERNET dtb file and rebooted to recovery. Now version 7.03.012c works like a charm!

Edited once, last by Merziyas (January 17, 2017 at 2:00 PM).

• - Minor issues
    When building aarch64 7.0.3.012c on bleeding edge amd64 gentoo:
    1) native gperf-3.1 gentoo introduces compile issue for libcap-2.25
    (solved by reverting back to gperf-3.0.4)
    2) build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel/toolchain/lib/libz.so.1 is zlib 1.2.8 but gentoo is 1.2.11
    (so I linked it to /lib64/libz.so.1 instead as workaround)
    These minor build issues might appear on other distros in the future. Not sure where to report.
    I'll soon test aarch64 012c build and put it availble on gdrive (like done for 012).
    update:
    uploaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20170117152154-r23624-g563b61562.img.gz
    aka LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.012c.img.gz
    LE – Google Drive
    it works for me (except remote) and you can use it if for some reason you want 64bit LE.
    update:
    remote works too (given correct remote.conf file)

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (January 18, 2017 at 10:13 PM).