[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Hello to all. I am new the whole libreelec/openelec area. Android user so far.
    I have a Mini M8S S905 2gb 100M lan 2.4Ghz WIFI Bluetooth 4.0

I downloaded this image (to avoid possible freezes as someone mentioned)
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012c-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz
    and the gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb (Is this correct?)

I burned the image with rufus and renamed/overwrited the dtb.img

I am trying to boot the libreelec with no success.
    I dont want to use the toothpick method to avoid reseting my box by mistake.
    I installed from playstore an app which gives the option reboot to recovery. When I choose this option, the box reboots and goes to the black screen with various options. Which one I choose to boot from sd/usb?

Thank you in advance.

• I managed to flash LibreElec 7.0.3.011 ARM using TWRP BACKUP.

This version work fine but freeze random after 2 minutes (temperature sensor issue i think).

So i tryed to boot into TWRP, copy Libreelec 7.0.3.012C ARM IMG with mod for disable temperature sensor.

First reboot, Libreelec start to update, but say many lines of errors with all codes and numbers....
    Second reboot, Libreelec start again to update, flash kernel but errors flasing system at 22%.
    Third reboot, errors flashing system at 36%
    Reboot number Four, error flashing system at 59%.
    Reboot number Five, flash also system but errors after flashing boot.
    Reboot number six, libreelec start without update (autodeleted update files), but stuck on blue screen of Kodi, just after Kodi splash.

Every new reboot stuck after kodi splash.

MXQ PRO 4K, S905 D16 V1, Firmware modded for P200, using DTB P200_1G_100M.dtb.

Casual error screenshot:

[hr]
    [hr]

UPDATE: After several reboot, deleted packages and addons.db from .KODI directory, kodi started!!!!

BUT, also if now i'm using LibreElec 7.0.3.012C With temperature sensor disabled, KODI FREEZE RANDOM!!!

WTF?!!?!??!?! Crap Box!!

Edited once, last by nevrotico84 (January 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM).

• From the installation instructions,

To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button

I don't see how you can reset your device.

LibreELEC

• I have T95m (old one with s905 on board) tvbox with RTL8723BS and I still get "No Bluetooth adapter found" after enabling BT in LibreELEC settings (i do use latest version of LibreELEC with BT fix) but after typing "modprobe 8723bs" in SSH session my BT finally appears and works as it should, so I have a question if there is any problem with proper module initialisation or its just my tvbox acting weird?

It's not just your box acting weird. I'm having the exact same problem with a Venz V10 (s905, identical to a K1 Plus) and a X96 (s905X). I'm using an USB bluetooth adapter on both boxes as they don't have onboard bluetooth. Always worked fine until now. The modprobe seems to work though but is not persistent across reboots.

• Hello Kszaq (and others), my problem with the newer builds (all builds after 7.02.005) is that I don't have sound, nothing at all. Now I managed to figure out what the problem is. I cannot select "ALSA" sound output in the new builds. The last build which let me select ALSA is 7.02.005. The sound works good with ALSA but when I select PULSE even in .005 build the sound wont work. Why cant I select ALSA audio output in the new builds? Any workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

• To boot the system for the first time you have to use one of the following:

• toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button

Or put a dummy.zip file on your SD/USB and from the Update App in Android, select it as the source and click Update. :cool:

• Hello Kszaq (and others), my problem with the newer builds (all builds after 7.02.005) is that I don't have sound, nothing at all. Now I managed to figure out what the problem is. I cannot select "ALSA" sound output in the new builds. The last build which let me select ALSA is 7.02.005. The sound works good with ALSA but when I select PULSE even in .005 build the sound wont work. Why cant I select ALSA audio output in the new builds? Any workaround for this? Thanks in advance.

You haven't updated the device tree correctly.

• Possible WiFi issue:
    Beelink MXIII II S905X 2/16
    Aigale WiFi chip

I just noticed today - and consistently same after multiple reboots - that the internal WiFi is connected, simultaneously even with Ethernet connection;
    Should the WiFi not be 'idle' (disconnected) with Ethernet present?
    After start-up I've been manually 'disconnecting' the WiFi

• Possible WiFi issue:
    Beelink MXIII II S905X 2/16
    Aigale WiFi chip

I just noticed today - and consistently same after multiple reboots - that the internal WiFi is connected, simultaneously even with Ethernet connection;
    Should the WiFi not be 'idle' (disconnected) with Ethernet present?
    After start-up I've been manually 'disconnecting' the WiFi

I noticed this on my TX5 Pro with Qualcomm QCA9377 but did not report it as an issue.
    I am pretty sure the Ethernet is working over the Wifi connection when Ethernet is plugged in.
    Just letting you know. :)

• You haven't updated the device tree correctly.

Thank you. I managed to find 1 dtb.img file which will boot up the newer builds correctly. I think its from an older build. Everything works fine including wifi, which never worked on older builds. But no sound means not usable, so had to go back to .005 build. Any other dtb.img , I tried all of them from the newest device tree, will not boot up and stuck on Amlogic S905 logo.

I have posted my android stock dtb in the device tree topic. If you have spare time, could you please look up into it? You would really help me a lot, Ive been trying to get the newer releases working for hours but no luck untill now. Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited once, last by Merziyas (January 14, 2017 at 9:23 AM).

• No splash screen. Only black background.

(!) Maybe this is sympthom. After installoninternal, box changes MAC address(from 00:0F:11:2F:54:8E to C0:FF:EE:00:01:9F), find out, because router assigned different IP address.

Code
    LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.0.3.012c
    mxq:~ # ls -R  /dev | paste
    http://sprunge.us/ePdU

Device: MXQ PRO 4K 1G S905

Hope this NAND-installation-error issue can be fixed sooner or later :D

• Thank you. I managed to find 1 dtb.img file which will boot up the newer builds correctly. I think its from an older build. Everything works fine including wifi, which never worked on older builds. But no sound means not usable, so had to go back to .005 build. Any other dtb.img , I tried all of them from the newest device tree, will not boot up and stuck on Amlogic S905 logo.

I have posted my android stock dtb in the device tree topic. If you have spare time, could you please look up into it? You would really help me a lot, Ive been trying to get the newer releases working for hours but no luck untill now. Thanks a lot in advance.

Did you catch the following info on the OP.
    If you update from 64-bit to 32-bit build your device tree may not update automatically even if you put it in Update folder! You have to replace it manually or perform update process for the second time - i.e. once again put 32-bit build and device tree in Update folder and reboot.

Just trying to to fill in the missing link in the failure you are having.

• There seems to be a lot of MXQ Pro's showing up with more different issues than any other box.
    It looks to me that these boxes are all a mix of Different Boards, Hardware (except for the Amlogic Chip) and Android Firmware .
    The MXQ name is irrelevant as it is no longer produced by any so called Chinese Brand.
    These things are reminding me of the MXQ S805's with the Mix 'n' Match bits put together with the only pre requisite was that it "Boots Up."