Posts by Crotach

Thanks for your help mate. I've downgraded to LE 9.0.2 (clean install again) and it seems to work fine with the Minix A2 remote, so I've left it at that.

I copied the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml from another thread specifically for the Minix and I'll leave it at that, the box works and I'm afraid to upgrade now :)

Hi,

I've used the built-in log uploader and it produced this URL: http://ix.io/2eOT

And once again via SSH:

LibreELEC:~ # paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

http://ix.io/2eOU

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | paste

http://ix.io/2eOV

I've mapped some keys to the remote (fast forward, reverse, pause, next and previous) to test, played a video and tried to control the playback. I don't know if the keypresses are anywhere in the logs, I guess not, but the problem is there. None of the keys work except stop.

I'm using the keymap editor addon for this.

In the logs I see tons of lircd errors but I don't know what they mean or how to fix them.

I've tried several remotes at this stage:

1) Zotac ID80 remote (from the box)

2) Minix A2 Lite

3) Rii Mini i25

4) Rii i8

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

This is so frustrating. I have several remotes lying around, each with their own receiver, so I've tried them all at this stage and none of them work, or rather they all behave in exactly the same way as the zotac remote. The arrow keys and ok button work, as well as stop button. Nothing else. Can't pause, can't fast forward, reverse, etc.

I've tried Minix A2 and another remote that I don't even know what it's called :) I thought Minix would work out of the box, but no.

Hi folks,

I'm using Zotac zbox ID80 as my media center (Intel Atom + Nvidia GT520M) which has been working flawlessly for years. I've upgraded from LE 7.x to 9.2.1 and I'm having issues with the remote control. The main reason for the update was that we got a WeTek Hub as the player in another room and I'd like them to share the same video library.

At first the upgrade borked the remote control so that only about every second keypress was registered, then I've decided to just do a clean install, which is where I'm at right now.

The remote is the Zotac MCE remote that came with the box, IR receiver as well. It shows up as:

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0471:20cc Philips (or NXP)

After the clean install the remote works, but most of the buttons don't! I've installed the keymap editor plugin and tried to set them up but even then the buttons don't do anything. For example fast forward, reverse, skip, next chapter, pause... none of them work. The only button that seems to work when playing video is stop. :(

I've tried setting up rc_maps.cfg since I've seen zotac in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/ but when I try "ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg" I just get:

/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

No devices found

However:

LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -d /dev/input/event5

Name: PHILIPS MCE USB IR Receiver- Spi

bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:20cc, version: 0x0100

So the device is there, but ir-keytables doesn't see it. Am I missing a driver and how to install it?

Can someone help me get to the bottom of this, or point me in the right direction? It's been years since I've been messing with LE settings.

Thanks!

Thanks guys, problem solved!

I turned off "Sync playback to display", I had no idea this would turn off sync.

The other issue is that audio delay settings were stored on the MySQL database, so when I reinstalled and tried to play a video it picked up the audio delay settings, and once again it was out of sync :)

Third potential culprit was the AVR which has the lipsync option enabled, but that one is still on and it works fine so I'll keep it.

Thanks for all your help!

Kodi still has a default audio delay in its internal advancedsettings, you can either undo that in your own advancedsettings.xml file, or use Kodi's video OSD option, and select the audio offset in the Audio & Subtitle settings window, and then save that new setting as default for all videos.

I was trying to find that in the menus yesterday, but I admit I was tired after messing with this all evening.

I do think it's refresh rate dependent, because most of my videos have about 250-275ms audio delay, but for example the Grand Tour has a much bigger delay.

First thing I'll try is to turn off the two options for syncing playback and refresh rate. If that doesn't work I'll enter the hell of advancedsettings.xml and different audio delays based on different refresh rates :(

Hi folks,

I've had this problem on the WeTek Hub, but I thought it was due to the maturity of the build for the little box.

Now I've installed LibreELEC 7.0.3 on my old Zotac Zbox (Intel Atom + Geforce 520M) which worked perfectly with old OpenELEC, and the audio delay has appeared there too!

I should point out that the video files themselves are fine, they work fine in Windows media player, VLC, and under OpenELEC.

Since I did a clean install it's possible that I'm missing some configuration options, but I haven't seen anything.

Does syncing refresh rates cause audio delays?

I have a Denon AV receiver and I've enabled passthrough and I've ticked all the boxes since the receiver is capable of all formats.

Any way to fix this? If a fix works on the intel platform then it might work on the WeTek as well!

Thanks!
    [hr]
    I've found something here that makes me wonder - does passthrough only work when you select 2.0 output?! I have a 5.1 system and 7.2 capable receiver. What settings should I use?

PulseAudio - Official Kodi Wiki

Hi folks,

I have an old zotac zbox with nvidia 520m that I'd like to install LE on, but I do not want to upgrade from the existing openelec. I would like to do a clean install.

It has a 60gb ssd. If I create a bootable USB with the tool provided, will that install on the local ssd, or will it try to install LE on the USB stick? (like it does with SD cards on Wetek devices)

I do not want to keep old settings and old addons, I'd prefer to start with a clean slate and just configure mysql database and tweak the remote if needed.

Thanks!

I've tried this out on my WeTek Hub. So far the main issue is still there, but it developed some new side effects.

When the box starts it pumps extremely loud buzzing noise into the AV receiver. It's blasting my ears even at low volume.
    This happens every time, not just after the install.

Main issue that I still have is that audio is always delayed by about 0.275s. It was driving me nuts with the 7.1 wrxtasy build and it's the same here.
    Every time I want to watch a movie or a TV show I have to go into audio settings, set the delay to about 0.275 (on some it's much worse) and hope for the best.

Wife has had enough of this, so I've put the trusty old Zotac Zbox (intel atom) back and it's working perfectly.

Am I the only one with these issues with WeTek Hub? I'd like to give the box another chance when LE 8.0 is out, but right now it looks like I'll be getting the new intel nuc when it's out.

Hi,

I have a strange problem that started this afternoon. I'm using Rii mini i25 remote which worked fine this morning, but now the middle button doesn't do anything anymore.

The light comes up on the remote, so the signal is being sent, but nothing is picked up by the system. I opened up keymap editor, went to navigation/global and wanted to program the button again, but when it says press the button in the next 5 seconds - I keep pressing and it doesn't see anything!

Now every time I want to click on something I have to turn the remote over, press the enter key, and then turn it back.

I was in work, so no idea if the wife could have done something. She doesn't have a clue how to program anything and she doesn't know what ssh is, so I doubt she changed something. :)

Is there any way I can get the button to work again?

This is the remote:
    22.html