7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Are you sure this is not just refresh rate adjusting?

By default, Kodi will try and do just that on start-stop, which takes a moment.
    Find the setting at: system-settings -video (guessing here) adjust display refresh rate - try and set to offThanks

Thanks atreyu, that did it! :)

• Hey kszaq with my minimx 1gb/8gb i too am plagued with the boot issue. I was wondering if there is any way to not have the install flash the bootloader? Like if it can leave it default so we the plagued users could see if that makes any difference.

If i use the android image i dont notice any boot issues but with 7.0.3.011 32bit i notice it 1 of every 2 times i reboot. Using 7.0.2.009 64bit i notice some boot issues but not as many but then i am plagued with the memory leak issue. Which when i try to use stalker iptv i notice the memory leak issue the most.

• Using the same method but for the 64bit worked perfectly. I'm sorry but, how do I find the update folder? Do I create it in my sd card?
    I think I can (technically) move the two files from my sd card to /storage/update if that's the path you meant. But I'm not sure what the SSH commands are to do that. I don't wanna ***** it up :P.

'update' is a hidden folder already present on the device. It is shared without user/pass by default
    [hr]

Thanks atreyu, that did it! :)

Ofcourse it did :)

Edited once, last by atreyu (December 21, 2016 at 7:17 AM).

• Hey kszaq with my minimx 1gb/8gb i too am plagued with the boot issue. I was wondering if there is any way to not have the install flash the bootloader? Like if it can leave it default so we the plagued users could see if that makes any difference.

My builds don't modify bootloader at all, you keep the one that was installed last time with Android. When you see "Updating bootloader..." during update process it actually does nothing to bootloader, it's only about updating device tree.

I'm sorry about the boot issue. I have 3 S905(X) boxes, I made them automatically reboot every 30 seconds and all rebooted fine all the time with 7.0.3.011. It's hard for me to tell what's causing the issue when I cannot reproduce it.

Edited once, last by kszaq (December 21, 2016 at 7:27 AM).

• My builds don't modify bootloader at all, you keep the one that was installed last time with Android. When you see "Updating bootloader..." during update process it actually does nothing to bootloader, it's only about updating device tree.

I'm sorry about the boot issue. I have 3 S905(X) boxes, I made them automatically reboot every 30 seconds and all rebooted fine all the time with 7.0.3.011. It's hard for me to tell what's causing the issue when I cannot reproduce it.

I also experience the occasional boot issue on a minim8s with your most recent releases. Both 32 and 64 versions seem to be affected. Sometimes it hangs on the google tv logo on reboot (never on cold start).

What i did is plug everything into a remote controlled powersupply. 'Fixed' ;)

• Hi,
    I have problem with lagging PVR, see the video...
    Can't say if problem was there before the 7.0.3.011 version as I just migrated from OpenElec (where PVR works just fine).
    Webif streaming from my OpenATV 5.3 satelite box over the network to PC/tablet is working OK (using vlc player on Windows 10 and smplayer on Linux)
    My box is MiniMX 1GB/8GB, using VU+ / Enigma 2 client PVR plugin.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey, I am using Librelec 7.0.3.011 on my S905x, and installed Hyperion from the Libreelec library but now the leds get no light when in video, I keep getting this error : AMLOGICGRABBER ERROR: Failed to retrieve video state from device: Invalid argument . Anyone had this problem?

• My builds don't modify bootloader at all, you keep the one that was installed last time with Android. When you see "Updating bootloader..." during update process it actually does nothing to bootloader, it's only about updating device tree.

Thanks for the quick reply kszaq yes the mini MX 1gb/8gb is s905. My mini m8s ii 1gb/8gb s905x works amazingly fine. Without any of the boot issues. So I can def say and from reading the thread that it seems to be a s905 problem.

Any chance that you might be able to upload the development builds between 7.0.2.008 and 7.0.2.009 as I can't seem to find them in the development folder?

• Hi,

I just wanted to say that this 32bit build is the best ever on my S905 box. Low memory usage, no leaks, everything is smooth and working (including live tv using tvheadend backend).

This is a keeper :)

Thanks for your work!

• Hey kszaq what happened to your S905 Box ? :huh:
    I can't get a freeze out of the one S905x box i have.
    S905 MiniM8sPro , still random freeze. Rare, but it does happen. ;)

I have WeTek Hub (S905), K1 Plus without DVB and with non-working HDMI (hardware failure) and one S905X box. I used to have MiniMX (1st gen) but it broke down. I also have Odroid-C2 (but it's technically not a "box") and a few S805 boxes.

• Some feedback on the 32 bit rom:
    - Its iffy whether or not I get a freeze on boot. I either get stuck on the Google screen, LE boot screen, or I get right into LE. Pulling the power cord and rebooting seems to work.
    - The audio is still out of sync. Mine is set to .325s for all sources in LE. Offset is consistent whether playing local files (via router/ethernet - PLEX) or streaming off the internet..ie 720P HD.
    - a side benefit - I have never been able to get KODI to play more than 1 file at a time from a folder. I've tried all the suggestions - push play on the folder - all this did was open the folder, I don't want to set up a million playlists, etc. Bingo, this build somehow solved that - pushing play on the folder, or on a file from the folder plays the entire content of the folder in order..
    Everything else is working really well so far.
    Thanks a ton for your hard ongoing work on this project.

Edited once, last by doggyofone (December 21, 2016 at 5:10 PM).

• I, on the other hand, don't have any booting issues or noticeable audio delay.

The only annoyance is subtitles embedded in video files. These subtitles don't appear unless I select the "Next subtitle" option in the video OSD.

• Hello..

I'm trying to flash the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.zip file via recovery on my Beelink MiniMx.
    I placed the zip file on an usb stick and mounted that stick in recovery.
    When I try to flash the zip-file my recovery comes back with the message:

Code
    -- Secure Check...
    Secure check complete.

Veryfying update package...
    E: footer is wrong
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

Im running LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-MiniMX-7.0.2.005-update.zip at this moment.
    I tried to re-download the file but my recovery still comes up with that error.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Edited once, last by zed85 (December 21, 2016 at 6:06 PM).

• Hi,
    I have problem with lagging PVR, see the video...
    Can't say if problem was there before the 7.0.3.011 version as I just migrated from OpenElec (where PVR works just fine).
    Webif streaming from my OpenATV 5.3 satelite box over the network to PC/tablet is working OK (using vlc player on Windows 10 and smplayer on Linux)
    My box is MiniMX 1GB/8GB, using VU+ / Enigma 2 client PVR plugin.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can only advice you to try several of kszaq's builds.
    Of all versions only .007 and .3.011 are usable for my pvr needs. Kszaq just cant test every possible use-case out there.
    [hr]

Can I install to internal memory and execute the installtointernal command from USB as well? Or does it have to be from SD?

I dont think the source matters for installtointernal. Have not tested it, though..
    [hr]

Hi,

I just wanted to say that this 32bit build is the best ever on my S905 box. Low memory usage, no leaks, everything is smooth and working (including live tv using tvheadend backend).

This is a keeper :)

Thanks for your work!

Yeah, about to installtointernal, so happy with this one. Lets see if tge boot issue persists when 'single booting' :)

Edited once, last by atreyu (December 21, 2016 at 6:35 PM).