[x86-64] Dolby Vision Development for PC (Intel & AMD)

  • My minimum target CPU is the N95/N100, if with your optimization and the asynchronous frame preparation I see again some frame droping I will investigate on that, but I am pretty sure it will be sufficient for Native DV.

    Today N100 is almost perfect for DV vanilla, but stutter and frame drop a lot when you activate any custom profile (DV Enhanced etc...) a huge optimization will be necessary. I think to be able to cover all profile

    Edit : Unfortunately using VAAPI to upscale FEL layer has an small impact on the picture, I will try to see if it's visible, and the planar output is very complicated to integrate to my new engine, I will work on it tomorrow.

    Edited 3 times, last by CroqueMr (October 7, 2026 at 5:47 PM).

  • yeah any upscaling of FEL that isn't nearest neighbor won't exactly match what an oppo / panasonic outputs. libplacebo uses lanczos for the upscale which is expensive for the CPU and still doesn't match exactly.

  • Thank you.

    Many things need to be fixed and will be adressed this week.

    - Profile 5 not working

    - Some fallback too agressive

    - enhanced rendering unstable

    - Performance for small iGPU


    Since some module are in GPLv3 cinemaONE can not integrate the DV in his build, but I'll give it a shot in the DV build. I will see if it is simple to integrate that


    I just got an N150 box, so I will get to work tonight / tomorrow.

    I will be easier for you to optimise and see by yourself the frame drop issues. I will follow closely your work.

    Edited 2 times, last by CroqueMr: Merged a post created by CroqueMr into this post. (October 8, 2026 at 8:33 AM).

  • Since some module are in GPLv3 cinemaONE can not integrate his work, but I'll give it a shot.

    That would be great, and you're very welcome to. Everything is public, as four commits on top of LibreELEC master of 2026-09-30: https://github.com/cinema-ONE/Lib…ound36-20261001

    • linux: amdgpu patches 0100-0107 (HDMI 3D modes, RGB range, FRL, DCI 4K60)
    • ffmpeg: popcornmix's H.264 MVC decoder
    • kodi: popcornmix's 3D stack on Kodi 22.0 RC1 plus my 3D and subtitle fixes

    The FFmpeg and Kodi parts don't depend on the GPU. The kernel patches are amdgpu only; I've tested them on an RX 7600, and ht2tweak ran an earlier round on a Ryzen 5800H APU. Intel is untested. If something doesn't apply or misbehaves, ping me and I'll help.

    Prepared with Claude Code (Anthropic)

  • That would be great, and you're very welcome to. Everything is public, as four commits on top of LibreELEC master of 2026-09-30: https://github.com/cinema-ONE/Lib…ound36-20261001

    • linux: amdgpu patches 0100-0107 (HDMI 3D modes, RGB range, FRL, DCI 4K60)
    • ffmpeg: popcornmix's H.264 MVC decoder
    • kodi: popcornmix's 3D stack on Kodi 22.0 RC1 plus my 3D and subtitle fixes

    The FFmpeg and Kodi parts don't depend on the GPU. The kernel patches are amdgpu only; I've tested them on an RX 7600, and ht2tweak ran an earlier round on a Ryzen 5800H APU. Intel is untested. If something doesn't apply or misbehaves, ping me and I'll help.

    Prepared with Claude Code (Anthropic)

    Thanks a lot, yes I can integrate but I am not able to test deeply since I do not have any 3D TV, your help will be more than useful.


    I finish to implement last optimisation and move to incorporate your build.

    I found some great adjustement that do not deteriorate pictur quality. Now the N100 is able to handle profile 7 FEL remux without any frame drop and have a small headroom to cover also DV enhanced profil.

    Unfortunately DV <-> HDR10 convertion are not possible yet on the N100 you need a better iGPU


    dangerouslaser my build with important improvement including the asynchronus frame management will be push around 10PM Paris time. I am finalizing the tests

  • CroqueMr when you iron out all of the issue's (n100, 3d, etc etc etc), can i make a request?

    i would like to see support for bdmv and iso in dv fel format 😀.

    right now is bdmv and iso only in hdr10.


    thanks a lot for everyone for their efforts making this happen. thank you all

  • CroqueMr when you iron out all of the issue's (n100, 3d, etc etc etc), can i make a request?

    i would like to see support for bdmv and iso in dv fel format 😀.

    right now is bdmv and iso only in hdr10.


    thanks a lot for everyone for their efforts making this happen. thank you all

    In R1.0.0 beta1 it has been fixed.


    But I saw yesterday one small use case to fix, following the last film displayed sometime a Kodi will pick up the HDR10 track from the Iso, A reset is not operating correctly. I already fixed it in my internal build, it will be pushed in few hours

    Edited once, last by CroqueMr (October 8, 2026 at 1:11 PM).