Posts by w46n3r

What do you mean? To the Internet?

If the gateway on eth0.1 them it will be the default route.

Mind if I ask you why are you using LibreElec as a router? It doesn't make a lot of sense as far network security and performance are concerned. Also, LibreElec raison d'être is it being purpose built to do media play stuff only. If you need more than that maybe other Linux distro will serve you better?

Not running at the native framerate (23.976) means you won't be able to properly bit stream the audio; it will get decoded and passed along as PCM/LPCM

Yeah, that's what I thought would happen... but no. The AV Receiver still receives passthru audio as Dolby HD, undecoded as it should. It works even at 60hz as I latter discovered.

The only downside I'm having is that the Kodi interface must also be on 4k@24hz as the player won't use 24hz even if the res@refresh is whitelisted.

I wish I could change how the player chooses resolution/refresh output for a given resolution/refresh input. It seems that if isn't a perfect match it just gives up and use what the interface is using.

The only way I've gotten HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA) to reliably stream without dropouts is to separate video & audio signals; This means you cannot have the AVR connected to your display ( otherwise libreelc will just 'clone' the signal out, causing the same issue) , and have to utilize both HDMI outs (one going directly to your display, the other going directly to your audio processor).

Yeah. I'm having the same issue with my Beelink EQ12... but just with TrueHD (not many DTSHD-MA 4k nowadays), and only on [email protected] videos. Seems to be a unsolved bug.

[BUG]LE10/LE11 HBR Audio PT Audio issue with [email protected] with J4105 · Issue #6237 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Describe the bug As a starting point i need more guidance and knowledge of some experts. After serveral bug fixes of truehd pt in kodi last time my hope was to…
    github.com

Strangely enough, using 4k@24Hz seems to "solve" the audio dropout problem. I'm still testing to be fully sure of it and understand the implications, if any.

But one can hope to just use one fast x86_64 device for all media.

My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty fed up with sluggish ARM boxes.

Just did a test run of you build on a just arrived Beelink N100 box (the DDR5 flavor one). So far, everything seems to work. Thanks!

The only way I've gotten HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA) to reliably stream without dropouts is to separate video & audio signals; This means you cannot have the AVR connected to your display ( otherwise libreelc will just 'clone' the signal out, causing the same issue) , and have to utilize both HDMI outs (one going directly to your display, the other going directly to your audio processor).

Thinking about your issue... can't you use some kernel boot params in syslinux.cfg to force video output separated from audio (and avoid cloning) and thus maintain de video connected to the AVR?

I didn't test it on my current setup (I don't have 2 HDMIs) so I really don't know if it would work. Here is where I got the idea:

metin
    March 26, 2023 at 5:00 PM

The only way I've gotten HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD/MA) to reliably stream without dropouts is to separate video & audio signals;

Thanks for replying. Even though your issue isn't too encouraging I guess I'll take a shot at the DDR5 version of the box.

I was also considering the alternatives (even Amlogic boxes) but I guess nothing beats the flexibility, convenience and power of a minipc. If everything goes wrong I can always use it as a router, heh.

Thought I'd report in that using a Beelink n100-based mini PC and the latest build posted in this thread I am getting proper HDR10/bt.2020 triggering on my setup: Pioneer AVR to LG C1 TV. It's looking great!

I've abandoned running video through my AVR as it had a lot of trouble 'locking on' to video mode changes / audio format changes (as well as intel's high resolution audio dropouts); luckily my device has dual HDMI outs.

I was thinking about getting a Beelink N100 myself due to the working BT.2020 triggering... but this HD audio bit got me worried. Isn't HD audio passthu working?

I have also been using the Beelink Mini S12 Pro with 16GB RAM and the 12th Gen N100 processor with no issues. They also seem to work well with the Wechip G20S and G40 remotes.

You can find both of these mini PCs on Amazon for less than the price of an Nvidia Shield Pro.

Indeed a very attractive alternative.

Does the Beelink S12 Pro you mentioned has any kind of issues with HDR switching, framerate switching, or any BT 2020 color space weirdness? I'm about to pull the trigger but just wanted to be sure about the capabilities of the box.

Reverting back to the factory image seems to be the pre-requisite.

Well, it makes sense, but I reverted the firmware to the original 2018 one (Android 6) and no... unfortunately that is not it.

While on the ¨"Community Edition¨¨¨" ROM. I just imaged the 1GB working SD one into a 16GB fast SD and it worked in the first time it booted. Having just booted, some ¨"storage device removed" notification appeared on the Kodi GUI and in the next boot it was again at the same non booting state.

The problem doesn't seem related to the ROM.

Just wanted to check in and say that I am one of those other users. I have exactly the same device, the same firmware (which I suspect is the culprit) and the same issue as the OP.

+1

Ok. I hopefully may be able to shed some light at this problem.

I tried several SDs. 2Gb, 8Gb, 16Gb. Slow ones and fast ones. In all of them I end up with the issues reported above. But... with an 1Gb SD it miraculously worked.

Maybe it is an issue with the partition resizer?

All of the SDs tested boot the horribly outdated Coreelec 9.2.8 normally, so it is not an issue with the SD cards.

Updated build (Feb.17):

- Current Kodi master + HDR patches from lrusak

- Linux kernel 5.17-rc4

- Intel media-driver 22.2.1 (fixed HW acceleration on ADL-S)

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-devel-20220217225924-720d9a5.img.gz

Is anybody using this on a AMD APU? (Ryzen 5600g) without major issues?

I´'d much preffer to kiss the Windows build goodbye but the last time I tried (It was LE 10 + HDR patches) not even screen resolution worked after the first reboot (kept starting up in 640x480 res for some reason). I will eventually try but it would be nice to know.