S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Sorry, but how come MXIII is not supported, when it says so in the first post?

I will release LE9.x images for only for the two devices i own - MXIII-PLUS/MXIII-G/PROBOX2-EX-PLUS - S82/S82B/S82H/MXIII/S89/S89H and that's it.

Now that you point that out and I read it again, I may indeed have misunderstood which platforms demetris is supporting with his 9.x releases. I was probably under the impression MXIII-only boxes (by that I mean not the PLUS or G versions or whatever other variants are out there) had been dropped because of other comments I've read somewhere in this thread.

Maybe someone else can clarify, but In the download sections for 9.0 or 9.0.2 there are only two types of image hardware designations: "MXIII_PLUS" and "S82". I assumed that meant my MXIII wouldn't be compatible since it's an S802 (and also because it was called an "M82" in the settings section of Android when I was still running that).

If "S82" actually means "S82/S82B/S82H/MXIII/S89/S89H" then you're right and it sounds like some MXIII boxes should probably work. Could "S82" mean what was previously referred to as "S8X2" in the image names? I'm also not clear on whether an "MXIII"-compatible image would be for the 1G or 2G ram models or both.

I guess the quickest way might be to have a go with an "S82" image on a MXIII-only box and see if it works.Unfortunately I don't have access to my own MXIII box at the moment.

• I successfully flashed le 9 to my mxiii 4K box and it boots into kodi 18.2 fine but I can’t get my Ethernet to connect. Tried rebooting entire network and box and tried dhcp and static but still not connecting to any repos. I know I’m beating a dead horse but after reading 90 pages I still can’t get it to work. I’m open to any advice.

• Hello

I have Tv Box M8S+ from China. So I'm afraid that isn't original version:)

Amlogic S812

Could you please tell me which latest version should I use on my box?

Is it "LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4.img.gz" from 25.02.2017 is this ok file?

Or maybe "LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-M8.img.gz" will be newer version?

I would be grateful for help

Edited once, last by Ultraproton (November 15, 2019 at 2:27 PM).

• Hey there, I am looking for some help please. I have an older android box with the following specs that I want to put libreelec for my parents.

Tronsmart mxiii 2/8 GB with a 6330 chip

Android 4.4.2

Build 115K4 firmware

kernel 3.10.33

Cpu: ARM v7 processor rev 1(v71)

I am looking to flash the latest compatible Libreelec build to it, but cannot find it. I don't see any device trees anywhere. I do have two other 905X boxes that I have Kazaq build Kyrpton 8.2.3.1 Kodi 17.6 and I am comfortable flashing. Can someone please tell me with the correct .img (tar) files and device tree?

Thanks you so much,

• You'll probably find the vendor u-boot forces the partitions to a read-only state so the pre-mount fsck our init script fails and we abort. You can probably fiddle your way around that with a custom image (that changes init) or custom autoscripts. You'll need to hook a UART cable to the board and see if you can interrupt u-boot to see/dump the environment (which contains all the boot config and scripts) to figure out what's being done and how to work with or around them. The challenge with older boards is that u-boot is often home-grown and quite restrictive and there's less consistency among devices. In later generations most vendors typically follow the prescribed config from Amlogic which despite some fugly hackery is reasonably simple and open to work with.

• A lot of those old Arnu boxes were basically Eny boxes so you can use a serial uart connection to alter the onboard u-boot environment to work with LE's method as suggested by Chewitt or look around for some old Eny firmware for that basic generation of those boxes as Eny makes a ton of OEM brands built around the same couple of board revisions, restoring the box with that firmware should probably allow you to regain the use of the box with current versions...

I realize that Demetris says he's not supported the M8 in this version but can say i know that his older 18.3 and 18.4 version worked on a couple Arnu boxes based around Eny M8S (S812) seemed to work fine for a couple of buds i fixed up back in the summer... the S802 and S812 are pretty much the same box outside a couple of small things...

Thats if your the type that just like to play and don't mind puttin time in on something that in most other ways isn't probably worth the time with boxes being so cheap these days...

• since January 2018 no upgrade has been placed for the Tronsart MXIII Plus. For kodi 17.6 I use the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-M8.img.gz version. Works perfectly but of course I want to go to Leia version 18. I still look at this formum every day. But is there still a chance that there will be an upgrade for my TV Box? Or is it end of the story?

In any case, thanks for a response

• That is exactly why i have placed the soc generation next to the release. Choose the image you try to flash accordingly to what SOC you own.

For S812 boxes image is the one named

LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5.img.gz

StackPath

• Demetris thanks for your response. For my it wont work. LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5.img.gz in the update folder or flashing gives no result. So I think i have to deal with Kodi 17.6.

Again Thanks.

• That is exactly why i have placed the soc generation next to the release. Choose the image you try to flash accordingly to what SOC you own.

For S812 boxes image is the one named

StackPath

Hello Demetris and thank you for the new file of Kodi 18.5. I run it to my mxiii-g but I have the same problems. When i turn it off is rebooting and its turning on again, and in power menu there is no option for rebooting (switch) to Android

• Hi, thanks for this.

I own a MXIII-G Box and just installed

All works great except one problem... When I press Stop on a video everything freezes and I have to pull the power from the box to shut it down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Hello Demetris and thank you for the new file of Kodi 18.5. I run it to my mxiii-g but I have the same problems. When i turn it off is rebooting and its turning on again, and in power menu there is no option for rebooting (switch) to Android

to be able to shutdown you need these

My Files