LibreELEC (Nexus) 11.0

• Thank you, smp .

It worked. Now I have Full RGB with Librelec 11.

To sumarize to other users:

Get a copy of proptest and put it in /storage

Stop Kodi

Code
    systemctl stop kodi

Run proptest in /storage

Code
    ./proptest

Vefiry the info about "Broadcast RGB". This was mine, note the zero value

Code
    trying to open device 'i915'...done
    Connector 95 (HDMI-A-1)
    97 Broadcast RGB:
                    flags: enum
                    enums: Automatic=0 Full=1 Limited 16:235=2
                    value: 0

Create an autostart.sh acording to this and put this changing acording your connector and value.

Code
    ~/./proptest -M i915 -D /dev/dri/card0 95 connector 97 1

Reboot

If anybody finds an error or a complement to this, please inform.

Adios.

Edited once, last by watanave: Complement info about info from proptest (March 9, 2023 at 8:56 PM).

• Anyone else having the issue that the UI doesn't show the video runtime anymore?

In the first beta of 11 and all previous versions had the video runtime on the right side of the title in "List" or "WideList" view. Now it's gone.

YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video add-ons only show the video runtime in a very tiny box in the lower right corner AFTER I had at least started the video.

Local and network videos always show that tiny box for the runtime, together with other info, but not besides the titel as it used to.

Any way to get the old behavior back with the runtime besides the titles? Was much easier on my eyes.

• Kodi Settings > Interface > Skin Settings > Show media flags

These are the little things in the lower right corner and not what I meant.

When I select one of my local shows I see for example "Season 2 - 1999" (without the "-", that's just for readability) and back in 11 beta 1 and previous I'd have, for example, "01. Lurch and His Piano - 21:26", the episode runtime right in the title, that's what I want back because right now it's just "01. Lurch and His Piano" and the time in the tiny, hard to read flag at the bottom.

It also was "Title - runtime" for all video add-ons in 11 beta 1 and previous without having to play the video first, as it is now with the media flags, which is even more annoying.

• It seems the official link for the Generic Box Image is not working:

https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.0-box.img.gz

nothing happends and i also cannot update libreelec manually inside libreelec i can select the image but also nothing happend.

I have an amlogic device (beelink GT1 Ultimate). I use chrome as a browser and disabled the adblockers.

EDIT:

I found a mirror that works:

Triple - Mirrors

So i update the image manually with putting the .tar file in the update directory and reboot the device.

Edited 2 times, last by Winneke (March 10, 2023 at 2:32 PM).

• Upgraded my Pi 4 that uses MariaDB from LE10 to LE11 using the built-in settings app, but after the reboot I can now only see my Music library

Do we need to do anything special to trigger a database update?

Edited once, last by poeBaer (March 11, 2023 at 10:00 AM).

• I have same problem on my RPi4. Tried a lot:

- migrating from a client with different OS

- checking/editing relevant mariadb users rights in every thinkable way

- etc. etc.

- MyMusic 82 seems to be untouched and is working well

- I've mariadb 10.11.2 that seems to be the latest stable version for me

Seems that at leqst views and triggers are not to be migrated.

Found this in the kodi.log:

Code
    SQL: Can't determine list of routines to drop.

2023-03-12 14:13:57.153 T:997

error <general>: Exception droping old analytics from MyVideos121

EDIT:

mysql_upgrade/mariadb-upgrade is not workig:

"ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax..."

After trying several things (altering rights etc.) of the mysql(mariadb users etc. I didn't succeed.

Thanks to chewitt, I know now why.

But still the migration problem left.... ("error <general>: SQL: Can't determine list of routines to drop." like to see above)

EDIT: I've tried almost everything what I could find in the net (excep mysql_upgrade script, that is obviously not content of libreelec (11) and I'didn't find any sources for the content of the script..). But nothing fixed the problem.

Is there no one who can give me a clue how to fix this problem un a RPi4 with Librerelec 11 (an nothing else on it?) Or how to "fore mysql_upgrade" the actual mariadb 10.11.2 without the "mysql_upgrade" script an/or the modules not installed with Libreelec 11?

Greets

Ralf

Upgraded my Pi 4 that uses MariaDB from LE10 to LE11 using the built-in settings app, but after the reboot I can now only see my Music library

Do we need to do anything special to trigger a database update?

Edited 7 times, last by MacNoname (March 14, 2023 at 3:22 PM).

• Kodi Settings > Interface > Skin Settings > Show media flags

Regarding this setting, I have this enabled.

Since upgrading to 11.0.0 from 10.0.4, I have discovered the media flags only appear after a video/file is played and not by default.

I see the same behavior on a non LibreElec Kodi 20.0 system I have running too, so it appears to be a Kodi 20 bug.

• Do we need to do anything special to trigger a database update?

I was able to solve the error by running the mentioned "mysql_upgrade" on my MariaDB docker instance. Will have to keep that command in my back pocket, as this was the first Kodi upgrade that failed. All previous Kodi/database upgrades didn't require any direct/user touching of the (same) database (eg. when I went from LE9 -> LE10 it was seamless)

• I was able to solve the error by running the mentioned "mysql_upgrade" on my MariaDB docker instance. Will have to keep that command in my back pocket, as this was the first Kodi upgrade that failed. All previous Kodi/database upgrades didn't require any direct/user touching of the (same) database (eg. when I went from LE9 -> LE10 it was seamless)

Sounds good .. and you've your solution. :thumbup:

Unfortunatly this isn't working on my databaseinstallation on my RPi4. Libreelec migration from 10->11 seems not possible, as there is no mysql_upgrade script available on the Libreelec installation, as I understood chewitt's hint (an I didn't find this script just to fit it for my installation). I've migrated now several Libreelecversions with the "onboard" mysql-databse without any problems until now, just like you did.

Or am I wrong at all? :/

Greetings

Ralf