Posts by UrushibaraRuka

Just tried both "Generic" versions (standard and legacy) on my little AMD Athlon 5350 (Kabini on AM1 plattform) and had to downgrade pretty much instantly.

The standard one I get into Kodi just fine but the Splashscreen has the green line thing going on again AND Kodi (not libreelec) restarts as soon as I try to get into any other screen that the main screen.

The legacy is even worse, I don't even get into Kodi at all. Usually it's like this: "LibreELEC splashscreen -> black screen with mouse cursor -> Kodi splashscreen -> main screen" but with this version it's stuck indefinitely on the "black screen with mouse cursor" part.

Maybe there's an issue with the legacy archive/build or I don't know.

Sadly I'm not able to provide any logs. SMB access worked on both versions but the youngest log in the archive was from 3 days ago.

Kodi Settings > Interface > Skin Settings > Show media flags

These are the little things in the lower right corner and not what I meant.

When I select one of my local shows I see for example "Season 2 - 1999" (without the "-", that's just for readability) and back in 11 beta 1 and previous I'd have, for example, "01. Lurch and His Piano - 21:26", the episode runtime right in the title, that's what I want back because right now it's just "01. Lurch and His Piano" and the time in the tiny, hard to read flag at the bottom.

It also was "Title - runtime" for all video add-ons in 11 beta 1 and previous without having to play the video first, as it is now with the media flags, which is even more annoying.

Anyone else having the issue that the UI doesn't show the video runtime anymore?

In the first beta of 11 and all previous versions had the video runtime on the right side of the title in "List" or "WideList" view. Now it's gone.

YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video add-ons only show the video runtime in a very tiny box in the lower right corner AFTER I had at least started the video.

Local and network videos always show that tiny box for the runtime, together with other info, but not besides the titel as it used to.

Any way to get the old behavior back with the runtime besides the titles? Was much easier on my eyes.

You should be okay with the default "generic" one. I intentionally say "should" because we don't know yet exactly what kind of hardware has problems. You can still "update" to legacy later if you need to.

Backed the old system up, updated to the generic version and...it didn't work as planned. Switching through the menus, every time anything had to be redrawn, I had bad flickering in the center third like a black arrow pointing from left to right. And it felt very slow and sluggish, as if I'd been using a generic driver and not the GPU driver.

I'm on the legacy version now and that seems to work as intended (more testing needed). Guess the Kabini APU or the Radeon R3 (sometimes labeled as HD8400, as I just found out) doesn't like the new system.