Posts by chimpchump

I had 3rd party video addons for PlutoTV, Stirr, Plex and Samsung TV plus, which bumped up my TV channel list to over a thousand channels as well as the TV guide via the Merge IPTV addon.

Anyway removing most of these from the TV Channel list and TV Guide has improved performance (most were crap anyway).

I suspect the constant TV guide updates in the background were the culprit, with so many channels and TV guide data to ingest.

For what's its worth I've reverted back to booting natively off micro ssd again and so far so good. Marking as resolved

OK finally got some time to revisit this issue.

This problem resurfaced soon after I did a fresh install and I have finally resolved this issue...

It is not related to the OS booting off a USB flash drive as I went back to booting natively off micro ssd.

The Kodi Backup addon fails when the two LibreElec addons 'LibreSpot' and 'Docker' are installed, as these folders appear to contain special characters that reside in the 'userdata/addon_data/service.librespot' and 'userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker' folders that it can not copy.

Anyway switching the Backup settings to advanced mode and adding an exclusion for the above 2 folders has resolved the issue. I suspect it might also encounter the same issue for some of the other LibreElec addons...

Hoping this can help any other users who encounter the same issue.

Question for anyone booting Librelec 11.x off an external USB flash drive....

Has the Kodi Backup addon ever worked for you?

I have the Kodi backup addon configured to backup my userdata etc and then it sends the compressed file to my external NAS, ie it is pretty much the usual default options

On identical systems where I boot off the micro sd card it has worked flawlessly, same configuration.

However with any system that boots off an external USB flash drive the Backup program launches but gets stuck when attempting to kick off the backup process. The only way to kill the process is to reboot my RPi. I just wonder if the fact that the LibreElec OS is on the usb flash drive and not the micro-sd drive is confusing it.

I have been able to reproduce the exact problem on multiple installs....

I am running 11.0.2 on a RPi4, with the default skin.

My PVR client connects to a TV Headend backend on a remote computer. The OS boots off a USB 3.0 flash drive.

One problem that has crept in over the past few months is that when browsing the main menu (for example between TV/Movies/Music etc) there will be a sudden pause for about 30 seconds where multiple keypresses (eg the arrow keys) will be ignored, and then after 30 seconds or so all the keypresses will be registered all at once.

Playback via TV, videos, Youtube is flawless. It is just when I return to the main menu this randomly happens. It doesn't always happen so it's hard for me to capture logs, but when it does, it is incredibly frustrating having to wait for 30 seconds or so for it resume again.

Has anyone experienced this before or have a suggestion of what I can try?

I have another RPI4 in another room, identical OS and Add-ons and that works fine, except that runs off the microsd card.

I really want to avoid reinstalling the OS as I have been using it since 11.0.0 and apart from this issue I have it setup perfectly.

Kodi Settings > Interface > Skin Settings > Show media flags

Regarding this setting, I have this enabled.

Since upgrading to 11.0.0 from 10.0.4, I have discovered the media flags only appear after a video/file is played and not by default.

I see the same behavior on a non LibreElec Kodi 20.0 system I have running too, so it appears to be a Kodi 20 bug.

Is this still an issue?

I've upgraded from 10.0.4 to 11.0.0 and post boot it seems none of my addons are able to update. Hence I am unable to get the PVR menu to appear in addons so that I can update my TVHeadeand htsp client to one that is compatible with 11.0.0

Kodi.log shows this snippet:

error <general>: CCurlFile::Open - <https://addons.libreelec.tv/11.0.0/ARMv8/a…s.xml.gz.sha256> Failed with code 429:

which seems to indicate I have exceeded my quota? (I upgraded directly via ssh and wget)

My IP is x.x.229.22

Hi Hagaygo,

I have a similar problem, for me the big difference was switching TVH to use matroska, but the seeking issue still occasionally happens, but it is tolerable now

What version of TVH are you using for your backend? is it containerised?

I'm on one of the 4.3 nightlies, but i'm thinking if its worth switching back to 4.2 stable

what's so bad running nightly LE11 ?

doing so since month without any complains.

kudos ${developers} :)

I tried LE11 a couple of months back and it runs fine if you are just running vanilla Kodi. The problems occur for those users who are heavily dependent on Addons like I am (for eg YT, Trakt, Spotify, TED etc), and hence need to stay on Kodi 19.4.

But who knows, I might give the 11 branch another go soon...

I'm glad there's a 10.0.x nightly branch as I want to stick to Kodi 19.4 due to said addons.

My setup is perfect but I'm still hoping the PVR seek issue when deinterlacing is enabled can be fixed for 10.0.2.

It appears I will need to wait until 11.0 is officially released for this to be resolved (I think)