[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Simple as your LE setup is obviously configured to set display rate the same as the video frame rate (recommended setting). Easy to rectify and a one off operatioon. Just go through all the refresh rates for your chosen resolution and calibrate your box to the TV screen for each and every refresh rate. There are several of them with KODI 17 as we now have all the fractional rates too. I of course also had that problem y ou mention but of course now it is fixed. If you decide to use a different resolution liek changing from 1080i to 1080p then you will need to do the same again as I understand it but I just stick to 1080p on my FHD 5 year old Samsung Series 7.

I had an impression that screen-size calibration is only last resort fix because it will distort the image in the worst possible way (crop-resize). He obviously have problem with overscan, which is a TV problem not a S905 nor LE. All he have to do is to made TV works in 1:1 pixel mode. Ie. on my Samsung UE46F6650SB I had to change HDMI label to PC, problem fixed.

• I had an impression that screen-size calibration is only last resort fix because it will distort the image in the worst possible way (crop-resize). He obviously have problem with overscan, which is a TV problem not a S905 nor LE. All he have to do is to made TV works in 1:1 pixel mode. Ie. on my Samsung UE46F6650SB I had to change HDMI label to PC, problem fixed.

Don't think it causes any distortions as is a standard normal settings adjustment when installing a new box to your display. That is of course as long as you calibrate all 4 settings carefully and accurately, and that means do not skip the last stage usually with only a small adjustment to get the image perfectly square. Correct me if I am wrong here if anyone knows better of course.

All my KODI boxes past adn present overscan to my older Samsung TV, but I have noticed on friends leter Samsungs, less than about two years old, then the default calibration is spot on (default settings for top left/bottom right stay at 0,0). So I always calibrate my boxes to my TV and have a superb picture certainly not seeing any distortion or degradation at all. Also now with the fractional frame rates available it is well worth simply calibrating each display rate to your screen, and no minimow it really is not very time consumming as it takes me less than 5 minutes.

You can always switch off the option to set the display rate to the video option of course as most of us used before in KODI 16, but then you are losign a lot of the better and smoother potential display benefits brought in with KODI 17. Although a technical guy beign a now long retired senior comms and electronics engineer, I am no expert on these display issues so anyone who is more in the know please correct me, but I have been playing around with these KODI boxes and the display settings for many years now.

Edited once, last by RayW (May 18, 2017 at 12:58 PM).

• I had an impression that screen-size calibration is only last resort fix because it will distort the image in the worst possible way (crop-resize). He obviously have problem with overscan, which is a TV problem not a S905 nor LE. All he have to do is to made TV works in 1:1 pixel mode. Ie. on my Samsung UE46F6650SB I had to change HDMI label to PC, problem fixed.

Did you try turning off overscan on the TV. Menu -> Picture -> Screen adjustment -> Picture Size, then change from “16:9” to “Screen Fit”.
    or maybe . “Picture Mode” / “Aspect ratio” change “16:9” to “Just scan”.
    I had a friend with these issues on older Samsung or LG and i remember the Overscan was somewhere in the settings above.

• “Picture Mode” / “Aspect ratio” change “16:9” to “Just scan”.
    I had a friend with these issues on older Samsung or LG and i remember the Overscan was somewhere in the settings above.

Yes, exactly as Kostaman wrote. Settings on TV must be to "Just scan". In this case is no overscan and adjusting in KOdi is no necessary. In other cases overscan is visible.
    It is on my old LG TV.

• You can always switch off the option to set the display rate to the video option of course as most of us used before in KODI 16, but then you are losign a lot of the better and smoother potential display benefits brought in with KODI 17.

What are you talking about?

7.0.3.012j displays fractional framerates perfectly.

• I have the same box as you and all is fine. It might be better to find an answer in the Minix forum because I see postings there of a similar nature. I don't think that it has anything to do with LibreElec.

Thx... I have posted on Minix site as well, the reply was wrong thread so was repost in "custom rom"...
    [hr]

Suggestion for a Workaround:

Kodi Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC Adapter > When TV is switched OFF > Ignore

And I'm assuming this is the correct device tree used (renamed to dtb.img)
    gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb

Thx.. will try that setting change today... and yes that is the device tree file used.

Edited once, last by krash (May 18, 2017 at 3:14 PM).

• hi,i have a x96 (905x 2gig) when i try to install the latest build to sd card using the toothpick method it install fine but reads as having 1 gig,so when i put the dpb file and overwrite, it stays at the boot screen.

• With the Latest 8.0.1k i've got glitches in Bootscreen / menu /Video<br />
    Now I'm back on 8.0.1j everything run smooth<br />

A wise man once said "Don't fix it until it's broke".
    If "everything run smooth" on 8.0.1j, enjoy watching your movies without problems and let those that do have issues continue their search for a perfect setup with the later (minor) updates. ;)

Edited once, last by Poida (May 19, 2017 at 1:52 PM).

• Poida is so right. Don't lose yourself chasing the white rabbit.
    I'm also happy with 8.0.1j on Wetek Play2.

Well, almost as today CEC has stopped working once more. CEC is really nice, but it's so unstable to me. :(

Edited once, last by badkarmaboy (May 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM).

• I need to start from scratch. What is the easiest way to make sure I have the cleanest install? Do I just put the full version in the upgrade folder?

I am currently running the latest version but am having lots of issues (instability, guide, reboots, etc.) whereas my other identical box runs perfectly.

• Suggestion for a Workaround:

Kodi Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC Adapter > When TV is switched OFF > Ignore

And I'm assuming this is the correct device tree used (renamed to dtb.img)
    gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb

Well it happened again... and in LibreElec 8.0.1k Kodi I do not see this as an option for CEC Adapter.

Under System Settings -> Input
    Peripherals ->
    Enable mouse and touch screen support is on
    Configure attached controllers
    Reset above settings to default

Controller Configuration:
    Controller profiles (shows)
    Kodi (This is a game controller

Under the Get more option..
    Dreamcast, Game Boy, Genesis, N64, NES, Playstation, SNES

I wish the Neo A2 Lite was an option, would like to reconfigure a couple key's and the pointer speed.