Posts by krash

lots of g-bytes in total... I'm kinda thinking of moving my audio library, digitized collection form many years, that is today scattered over several external hdd's, flash drives, ipods, and current laptop... for a central organized location more easily accessible.

Been looking around for options to upload, store, download file sites....

looking for info and experience with sites like Rapid Gator, File Factory, or other public sites... these have options that seems like govern file xfer speed, parallel upload/download, xfer size......

kszaq, and other guru's... I have not been keeping up mainly cause stuff is pretty much working, but I don't want to get to a space where I can't upgrade. Previously upgraded by full new load on sd, reboot, and load desired add-ons and happy happy.

Minix U1, running 8.0.2a

Can I use the Upgrade method/procedure and jump releases, from 8.0.2a to 8.0.2.d ?
    Or do I need to single step a-b-c-d.. ?

kszaq, is the subtitles security fix included in your latest version of LE?

Currently running 8.0.1.k now that 8.0.1.l is available (I'm new, but read and search).... I see there are a couple ways to upgrade including using the LibreElec Settings "Upgrade" Auto vs. Manual, with the Upgrade Chanels....

IS it safe, does anoyone, upgrade these verison using this method ?

Looks like No... with the setting "manual" there is a Upgrade Channel with option for 7.x and 8.x, when I set that option to "auto" the Update Channel option disappears...

Currently running 8.0.1.k now that 8.0.1.l is available (I'm new, but read and search).... I see there are a couple ways to upgrade including using the LibreElec Settings "Upgrade" Auto vs. Manual, with the Upgrade Chanels....

IS it safe, does anoyone, upgrade these verison using this method ?

Do you mean that, when you click on "Peripherals", the list of devices is empty?

No when I click on "Peripherals" the list I see are the 3 lines posted below:
    Enable mouse and touch screen support is on
    Configure attached controllers
    Reset above settings to default

OOOPsss... my bad stoopid me I did not select "Peripherals".. looking aging whileposting this I realize now its a split screen for Peripherals and Devices....
    By default its set to "Suspend" ...
    Changed it to "Ignore"

Sorry my bad...

Suggestion for a Workaround:

Kodi Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC Adapter > When TV is switched OFF > Ignore

And I'm assuming this is the correct device tree used (renamed to dtb.img)
    gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb

Well it happened again... and in LibreElec 8.0.1k Kodi I do not see this as an option for CEC Adapter.

Under System Settings -> Input
    Peripherals ->
    Enable mouse and touch screen support is on
    Configure attached controllers
    Reset above settings to default

Controller Configuration:
    Controller profiles (shows)
    Kodi (This is a game controller

Under the Get more option..
    Dreamcast, Game Boy, Genesis, N64, NES, Playstation, SNES

I wish the Neo A2 Lite was an option, would like to reconfigure a couple key's and the pointer speed.

Minix Neo U1 with A2 Lite reomte...

Loaded with Libre 8.x.x.x.k and Neo device tree, and its working rather nicely as a LibreElec Kodi box for watching streaming 1080 movies.

LibreElec is loaded on an sdxc and boots from the sdxc. LibreElec has a boot from internal that makes for easy reboot back to factory andro if needed.

I have the same box as you and all is fine. It might be better to find an answer in the Minix forum because I see postings there of a similar nature. I don't think that it has anything to do with LibreElec.

Thx... I have posted on Minix site as well, the reply was wrong thread so was repost in "custom rom"...
    [hr]

Suggestion for a Workaround:

Kodi Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC Adapter > When TV is switched OFF > Ignore

And I'm assuming this is the correct device tree used (renamed to dtb.img)
    gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1.dtb

Thx.. will try that setting change today... and yes that is the device tree file used.

Hi new to Libreelec... but not to hacking or plugging away.

I have a Minix U1 moved to LibreElec loaded up 8.x.x.x.k version with Neo U1 dtb loaded on S. Evo+ 32g, and the box is happily running LibreElec 8.k and Kodi from sdxc.
    But encountered an issue where the box went into a deep sleep mode will not respond to power key on A2 Lite remote, short or long press, and it does not respond to the power bitton on the Minix U1 itself either with short or long press's. It only comes back up and reboots if power is removed and re-applied.
    Not sure if this could be hardware, firmware, or software bug.. (also posted in Minix site but was told its a custom rom)..
    Minix U1 was working Ok, setup basic stuff.. exit, shutdown, power backup a few times along the way.

Then ... While configuring and doing some addon-updates switched TV source to another HDMI port to watch something while waiting for updates to complete. When I came back a while later, by switching sorce back to HDMI port with Minix, there was a "no signal" message.
    Tried to wake the box up with the power button on the A2 Lite remote by short press and also long press more than once but Minix does not wake.
    Tried power button on the Minix box, both short press and long press's, still no wake up.
    Only after removing power and re-apply power does the Minix awake and boot up In LibreElec again... good news is the add-on updates seem to have completed.

Up and working again but this could become a very annoying issue for a box that is supposed to be near the top of the list for Libre-Kodi box. I basically only want to use it to watch streamed video from the i-net in 1080HD.

Any thoughts or suggested fix ?

Oop's, maybe my bad but a newbie at this... although a long time computer person.

Just got a Minix U1 and went to build an SD with LibreElec version and thought I had my ducks in a row.. have a working bootable USB that runs LibreElec with Kodi on this pc built with the Libre USB Creator tool.

I believe I have downloaded the correct files:
    Downloaded the image - LibreELEC S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1j.img.gz
    Downloaded the device tree - gxbb_p200_2G_minix_u1.dtb

Then it happend, I started the LibreELEC_USB_SD.Creator.Win32

The first selection box has several options, generic amd/x86, Odroid,WeTek... but no option to select Minix Neo U1 ?

What now.... is there a "kszaq" version available somewhere ?