[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi
    i am running K on the Tx3 Pro... and its fast! But it will reboot somtimes now... just like on the raspberry pi when you overclock it to the max...

also have the tx3 pro and running K, no issues encountered with regards to rebooting.

• I playback videos from a hdd that is hooked up to a debian server via samba.
    I noticed that upon skipping back in a video file during playback the video often hangs. First shows the spinner then 100% and hangs.
    Pause/Play is not helping only stopping the video and starting it again does solve it. It's not consistent, sometimes after 2x pressing "left" sometime 1x, 3x..

I also want to ask if there's an advised "protocol" to playback videos from a hdd in my homenetwork.
    I also tried nfs. I have set kodi to automatically play the next video. But with nfs after a video is finished, screen goes black and next video isn't started.

Anyone having the same issues? Couldn't really find this under "known issues" in the first post.

• I playback videos from a hdd that is hooked up to a debian server via samba.
    I noticed that upon skipping back in a video file during playback the video often hangs. First shows the spinner then 100% and hangs.
    Pause/Play is not helping only stopping the video and starting it again does solve it. It's not consistent, sometimes after 2x pressing "left" sometime 1x, 3x..

I also want to ask if there's an advised "protocol" to playback videos from a hdd in my homenetwork.
    I also tried nfs. I have set kodi to automatically play the next video. But with nfs after a video is finished, screen goes black and next video isn't started.

Anyone having the same issues? Couldn't really find this under "known issues" in the first post.

I had also issue in this build skipping chapters in some mkvs and BDs.
    Try my devel version from this post thread-2722-post-49581.html#pid49581
    Kszaq dropped my fix for chapter skipping.

• I had also issue in this build skipping chapters in some mkvs and BDs.
    Try my devel version from this post thread-2722-post-49581.html#pid49581
    Kszaq dropped my fix for chapter skipping.

Thx, just wanna make sure we're talking about the same thing:
    I don't mean chapter skipping in like dvd or bd video files where there are actual chapters you can skip to.
    I mean the skip back function where I press "left" button once to skip back like 2 seconds, 2x skip back 5 seconds,...

• Thx, just wanna make sure we're talking about the same thing:
    I don't mean chapter skipping in like dvd or bd video files where there are actual chapters you can skip to.
    I mean the skip back function where I press "left" button once to skip back like 2 seconds, 2x skip back 5 seconds,...

Chapter skipping is skipping calculated number of seconds. In my build I have no issue skip back 2 sec, 5 sec or x sec.

• Chapter skipping is skipping calculated number of seconds. In my build I have no issue skip back 2 sec, 5 sec or x sec.

K, I'll try thx! Don't know why I immediately linked this to nfs or samba. So you had this issue also with directly plugged in hdd right?
    [hr]

Unfortunately the patch wasn't working for me, I dropped it because I want to keep close to "stock" Kodi if a patch is not important.

So can I imply that this issue is known and also affects you? ..And maybe you're working on it?

• Hi new to Libreelec... but not to hacking or plugging away.

I have a Minix U1 moved to LibreElec loaded up 8.x.x.x.k version with Neo U1 dtb loaded on S. Evo+ 32g, and the box is happily running LibreElec 8.k and Kodi from sdxc.
    But encountered an issue where the box went into a deep sleep mode will not respond to power key on A2 Lite remote, short or long press, and it does not respond to the power bitton on the Minix U1 itself either with short or long press's. It only comes back up and reboots if power is removed and re-applied.
    Not sure if this could be hardware, firmware, or software bug.. (also posted in Minix site but was told its a custom rom)..
    Minix U1 was working Ok, setup basic stuff.. exit, shutdown, power backup a few times along the way.

Then ... While configuring and doing some addon-updates switched TV source to another HDMI port to watch something while waiting for updates to complete. When I came back a while later, by switching sorce back to HDMI port with Minix, there was a "no signal" message.
    Tried to wake the box up with the power button on the A2 Lite remote by short press and also long press more than once but Minix does not wake.
    Tried power button on the Minix box, both short press and long press's, still no wake up.
    Only after removing power and re-apply power does the Minix awake and boot up In LibreElec again... good news is the add-on updates seem to have completed.

Up and working again but this could become a very annoying issue for a box that is supposed to be near the top of the list for Libre-Kodi box. I basically only want to use it to watch streamed video from the i-net in 1080HD.

Any thoughts or suggested fix ?

• Hello,

I have 2 Tronsmart Vega S905 and one Nexbox a95x. I moved all of them to LE 8 installed internally. The benefit is huge. The speed is a big difference.
    I have 2 problems though:
    - did the auto frame rate switching disappear on the 8.0.1k version? or was it never on LE to begin with?
    - although I set the video calibration perfectly whenever I play something the screen spills over on all sides, almost hiding buttons. Is that something anybody encountered?

Edited once, last by xtrips (May 17, 2017 at 8:59 PM).

• - although I set the video calibration perfectly whenever I play something the screen spills over on all sides, almost hiding buttons. Is that something anybody encountered?

I also noticed this issue on my MXQ Pro S905 running LE 8.0.1x (where x=a, .., k) but never bother with it because I use an HDMI2AV dongle with an old analog TV and thought this had something to do with the dongle. Also, I noticed screen spills differ from one stream to the other.

• I have the same box as you and all is fine. It might be better to find an answer in the Minix forum because I see postings there of a similar nature. I don't think that it has anything to do with LibreElec.

• I also noticed this issue on my MXQ Pro S905 running LE 8.0.1x (where x=a, .., k) but never bother with it because I use an HDMI2AV dongle with an old analog TV and thought this had something to do with the dongle. Also, I noticed screen spills differ from one stream to the other.

I too saw this when I moved my box from my new-ish Panasonic TV to an old LG: I run the OSD at 50hz and set the screen borders for that refresh rate. When I play 50Hz videos, everything is displayed properly but when I play something with frame rate other than 50Hz, half the OSD buttons are not visible.

• s905 device - 8.0.1d is the last build that doesn't randomly freeze when installing any type of repo or addon. UI hang. Still able to access device via ssh. Not sure if anyone else experiences this.
    s905x device - 8.0.1h is the last build that doesn't randomly freeze when installing any type of repo or addon. UI hang. Still able to access device via ssh. Not sure if anyone else experiences this.

• I too saw this when I moved my box from my new-ish Panasonic TV to an old LG: I run the OSD at 50hz and set the screen borders for that refresh rate. When I play 50Hz videos, everything is displayed properly but when I play something with frame rate other than 50Hz, half the OSD buttons are not visible.

Simple as your LE setup is obviously configured to set display rate the same as the video frame rate (recommended setting). Easy to rectify and a one off operatioon. Just go through all the refresh rates for your chosen resolution and calibrate your box to the TV screen for each and every refresh rate. There are several of them with KODI 17 as we now have all the fractional rates too. I of course also had that problem y ou mention but of course now it is fixed. If you decide to use a different resolution liek changing from 1080i to 1080p then you will need to do the same again as I understand it but I just stick to 1080p on my FHD 5 year old Samsung Series 7.

Edited once, last by RayW (May 18, 2017 at 6:39 AM).

• Simple as your LE setup is obviously configured to set display rate the same as the video frame rate (recommended setting). Easy to rectify and a one off operatioon. Just go through all the refresh rates for your chosen resolution and calibrate your box to the TV screen for each and every refresh rate. There are several of them with KODI 17 as we now have all the fractional rates too. I of course also had that problem y ou mention but of course now it is fixed. If you decide to use a different resolution liek changing from 1080i to 1080p then you will need to do the same again as I understand it but I just stick to 1080p on my FHD 5 year old Samsung Series 7.

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of the same solution but, as it is time-consuming and I'll be using the old LG for a couple of more days only, I didn't set up all the frame-rates.

I don't know if we can call it a bug. I understand it has something to do with the communication between the box and the TV. Perhaps old TVs don't give complete EDID information.