Posts by trohn_javolta

I switched to CoreElec 8.9.2. (Kodi Leia) and eversince starting playback and switching songs takes waay longer than before, like 6 seconds.

With older LibreElec krypton version playback happened almonst instantly...I wonder what exactly could be the problem.

Is this generally known with Kodi Leia maybe?

I use Kodi for playback, Alsa doesn't work, no matter what playback device I choose.

Now with latest update you've just lowered skip time by two thirds, wow! Now time between songs is just 2 secs, very nice. Thanks!

Is there any help on how to setup this? I think I don't quite get it.

As long as librespot isn't working I'm trying to archive the same it did:

Have my mediaplayer with CoreElec show up in Spotify as a Spotify Connect device and play back music.

In this case, do I have to install both server and client addon on my mediaplayer? Or do I have an error in reasoning?

I develop and test for the systems I have the time to set-up (RPi2 and Generic, sometimes Odroid_C2), and then assume it runs elsewhere.

Unfortunately, I do not have a CE capable system to reproduce, and you do not provide detailed information (version numbers, Kodi logs, librespot logs, etc.).

Not much I can do to help you, sorry.

Ok, I now checked how to provide logs, hope the attached ones are ok.

Current status is that librespot addon doesn't work at all anymore...strangely..I didn't update CE as far as I remember.

Maybe you can look into it if you find time.

Here is CoreElec Kodi log: http://ix.io/1aky

Edit: Oh, didn't read your previous post, saw it now.

I switched to CoreElec 8.9.2. (Kodi Leia) and eversince starting playback and switching songs takes waay longer than before, like 6 seconds.

With older LibreElec krypton version playback happened almonst instantly...I wonder what exactly could be the problem.

Is this generally known with Kodi Leia maybe?

I use Kodi for playback, Alsa doesn't work, no matter what playback device I choose.

This is a very old issue you are experiencing and is usually the result of user error. Do you have LE installed to internal?

Working now, I formated the sd card under linux and used etcher, this worked. No, I won't install to internal, read most china boxes have unreliable internal memory.

Nice build, all smooth so far. I just have to figure out why Amazon Prime Video playback is stuttering in 1080p. Hardware and inet connection are capable of 1080p streams, maybe it's some widevine restriction, idk.

I finally tried this build but I can't get it to boot.

I see the libreelec logo and after then an top left I get this message:

libreelec error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=STORAGE

I tried different sd cards, tried to flash it with LE Tool, Rufus and Etcher. Always this message. I also made sure to use right device tree.

Can anyone help here?

Interaction between Librespot and Kodi is minimal (artist/track notification, playback in Kodi mode, stop/start Librespot on Kodi playback).

I have neither the time nor the programming skills to improve this.

I nevertheless repeat my call for Kodi/Python and Librespot/Rust programmers to improve my addon.

Thx for the feedback. I would be fine if sending the pause command would stop playback. But I realise this wouldn't be correct way.

I just read [discontinued] in the topic..

Will the next build already include Kodi Leia?

If so, does this build autoupdate to LE 9.0? For safety's sake I want to dd the last LE 8.2 build to a spare sd card before any update happens.

This build is way faster now on my 1gb box and despite of this audio crackling that sometimes happens on playback it's flawless for me.

I have. After reboot cur_freq is 666.

Governor is ondemand.

Is there sth wrong with syntax?

(echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq)&

(echo performance >

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor)&

wow, I wonder how much room for improvement there is still left.. that system to ram loading is amazing. My 1gb box feels way faster.

But I also wanted to overclock gpu, doing so doesn't persist a reboot. I tried putting it in some file recommended, but it also didn't work.

An entry in LE settings to overclock would be really nice, to amke it easier.

Another thing I noticed:

The stream in kodi can't be paused...I can stop it but not pause it.

Would be great if it'd be possible.

Background: I've set up my smartphone to send the pause command to kodi everytime I get a call or start a call. After the call is finished, pause is sent again and playback continues :)

Now I can imagine it's not possible to pause and resume such stream.

I wouldn't mind if pausing the stream just stops it, would be just great if it reacts to the pause command so i don't hear music anymore :)