[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I know the 'log or it didn't happen' answer (which is right don't get me wrong ;)

But I experience since 8.90.3 release and latest peak3d inputstream adaptive+helper very frequent buffer problems (=short time off rebuffering 0-100) in every stream (youtube, zattoo, amazon prime video) and very frequent full stops of streams (=feels like a complete OS freeze, but after 20-30 seconds) either the stream continues async with sound at realtime and video like fast-forwared or the player crashes to 'desktop'.

On earlier adamg builds this doesn't happen.

I am on S905X everything uptodate, anybody is experiencing the same? Personally I hope this is just a newly introduced kodi upstream bug which will be solved in next release.

• Anyone have any ideas on the 'PCM sending dummy channels' issue? If not, can anyone direct me to some instructions on how to modify the read-only system partition so I can try the fix I mentioned?

Thanks!

-KJack

Alright, answering myself here. According to this old post from ksqaz, the AMLogic kernel driver either sends 2.0 or the max number of channels that your receiver supports. In my case, that's 7.1. So I accept that's how it is for number of channels.

I'm still super confused as to why I'm getting 32khz PCM rather than 48khz (which is what the source file is). Kodi seems to be saying it's sending 48khz, but the receiver is only getting 32khz. Any idea as to how or why this happens, or even a direction to look in would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

-KJack

• This is a very old issue you are experiencing and is usually the result of user error. Do you have LE installed to internal?

Working now, I formated the sd card under linux and used etcher, this worked. No, I won't install to internal, read most china boxes have unreliable internal memory.

Nice build, all smooth so far. I just have to figure out why Amazon Prime Video playback is stuttering in 1080p. Hardware and inet connection are capable of 1080p streams, maybe it's some widevine restriction, idk.

• Working now, I formated the sd card under linux and used etcher, this worked. No, I won't install to internal, read most china boxes have unreliable internal memory.

Nice build, all smooth so far. I just have to figure out why Amazon Prime Video playback is stuttering in 1080p. Hardware and inet connection are capable of 1080p streams, maybe it's some widevine restriction, idk.

Its been covered many times before, no h/w decoding for widevine DRM based content.

• I'm try to give these builds a shot on my new box, but to no avail.

Its a 281 board. I've tried using a couple 212 dtb images as suggested by the forums but they don't seem to work. I see there is source for some p281boards, but I'm not quite sure what I need to compile them. I gather I need the dtc compiler, but haven't found where to get the include files like gxl_p281_2g.dts

If anyone knows where this file would be or Adam if you be able to compile the gxl_p281_2g_tx3mini device tree that would be appreciated.

Attached is link to the build.prop for device in question

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Gary