[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi,

Can you update temp Sensor disabled 8.0.1k in 64 bit version?

Thank you!

mrtr32

Thanks for asking... Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I simply build from source.

I am not sure how the 'temp sensor disabled' variation is implemented and I am not sure why it is used.

Perhaps it is implemented in kernel .config to give alternative /flash/kernel.img boot image ?
    and
    Perhaps it is used to prevent high temp kernel trip threshold action ?

Again, I don't know for sure.

Can you tell why 'temp sensor disabled' variation is used and how it is implemented?

have a nice day

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (May 15, 2017 at 3:09 AM).

• Subtitle problem,
    After updating to the K version, the openSubtititles worked flawlessly.:shy:
    However after a reboot the mess starts again.
    Wrong language, erratic subtitles etc.:huh:
    Now I remember this happened also with the previous update.

So only just after the update, without any additional reboot it is ok.

Is there a way of preventing this happening.

I'am using Nox17 interface (Wizard) on a Mini M8Sii 1GB RAM - 8GB EMMC FLASH

• With the new build changing from HD to SD channels causes massive frames skips almost like you are watching a slideshow
    Debug Log: cEDGS
    Started Channel 4 HD waited a couple of seconds then switched to Channel 4 where the slideshow begins, then switched back to Channel 4 HD which stopped all the frames skips. I didn't get a chance to test the RC releases to see where actually this started to happen

Can confirm the issue. Have TVHeadend running. The Problem occures for me only when switching from HD to SD. It only happens in k version.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

• I used to have a problem with the time never being correct on my a95x box. So I added an NTP server and check the box that said "Wait for Network before starting kodi" with the maximum wait of 10 seconds.

It seems that the maximum wait does NOT work. Right now "Wait for network.." means "no internet=no boot". How do I fix this so there is a time out? If there is no internet I at least want to be able to enjoy stored videos. I am on the 8.0.1j

Edited once, last by fbc (May 15, 2017 at 4:28 PM).

• Hi
    I´m using this libreelec Version for my beelink MiniMXIII II.

For Dolby 5.1 (Dolby Digital) and dts 5.1 I have to use
    2 channel PCM as default, then Passthrough and Transcoding enabled.

Today I tested a bit the latest AlexElec Version.
    I could enable 5.1 Channel as default. dts 5.1 and dolby 5.1 played without issues on my Receiver.
    No noisy sound or flickerung DTS or Dolby Digital Logo on the Receiver.
    I can´t use Alexelec because there was no DVBViewer pvr addon, had to use a MCE remote
    and I do not understand the russian language.

..and I am using libreelec on all my other devices and I really like it !

I am an enduser and not a developer.

The polite Question I have is : is it a feature that can be included in this libreelec Version ?

I have seen those tons of postings with broken firmware on cheap android china boxes.
    But I am wondering why this could work within the Alexelec fork. The sound was clear and without any stuttering.

• Hello,

Ive got a Beelink MINI MXIII II
    I am testing version 8.0.1k dual booting on a sdcard as want to upgrade to kodi 17.
    Is there a version that works better for the Beelink MINI MXIII II? as it boots up fine but the remote does not work at all also kodi keeps freezing?

What version are you using bylderup? do you have the same issues?
    Thanks

Edited once, last by snoopd (May 15, 2017 at 10:37 PM).

• I´m using Version J of the image this thread is about. Did you use the right dtb.img of the device tree ?
    I have no problems -exept dts/dolby passtrough only with 2 channel PCM as default Audio-
    everything is running smooth and stable so far.
    not every remote button is working. But I have an Airmouse.

In Android you should try FTMC instead of KODI or SPMC.

• The polite Question I have is : is it a feature that can be included in this libreelec Version ?

AlexELEC uses my code as a base (and changes commit author as if it was his work), there's nothing to include from it. Perhaps you can try using one of the earlier builds: 8.0.1e or 8.0.1a.

I have no issues with DD/DTS passthough and these are the only formats I can test.
    [hr]

With the new build changing from HD to SD channels causes massive frames skips almost like you are watching a slideshow
    Debug Log: cEDGS
    Started Channel 4 HD waited a couple of seconds then switched to Channel 4 where the slideshow begins, then switched back to Channel 4 HD which stopped all the frames skips. I didn't get a chance to test the RC releases to see where actually this started to happen

Can confirm the issue. Have TVHeadend running. The Problem occures for me only when switching from HD to SD. It only happens in k version.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. I will prepare some builds with reverts to test for you tomorrow.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 15, 2017 at 11:16 PM).

• Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue. I will prepare some builds with reverts to test for you tomorrow.

Cheers. I've been doing some testing too if i turn off Fast channel switching in the mediaportal settings it seems to help a little or maybe it's just a placebo but it does say Warning: Enabling this option will probably break SD<->HD channel swithing and switching to channels with different audio/video streams and codecs. Detection of the new streams at the Kodi side may fail because the PVR addon does not know exactly where the beginning of the new channel is inside the timeshift buffer file. in the settings page for it MediaPortal TV-Server - Official Kodi Wiki but as it worked in previous builds i doubt that it's the problem

• I´m using Version J of the image this thread is about. Did you use the right dtb.img of the device tree ?
    I have no problems -exept dts/dolby passtrough only with 2 channel PCM as default Audio-
    everything is running smooth and stable so far.
    not every remote button is working. But I have an Airmouse.

In Android you should try FTMC instead of KODI or SPMC.

Where did you get the right dtg.img? Also I have no android on the box as I flashed a specfic tailor made version of libreelec for the beelink minimx III running kodi 16.1. This works perfect, dts hd,4k,3D,etc inc remote. But I want to upgrade to kodi 17 and this seems the only way!?
    Thanks

• I am not sure how the 'temp sensor disabled' variation is implemented and I am not sure why it is used.

I haven't had a freeze with Enabled Temp Sensor since 7.0.3.012e .
    I'm using Krypton 8.0.1 on my MiniMx 1g/8g Enabled Temp Sensor with no Freezing.

• Hello, there is information that in Linux KODI 17 there System -> Video output -> Colour management mode "video accurately Reproduce colours using a display profile or a 3D lookup table.". I installed LibreElec 8 on TV-top box K1 plus (S905, mali450), but the control mode of color not found in the window screen (video output). How do I activate mode color management in KODI?

Edited once, last by esegan (May 16, 2017 at 7:25 AM).

• An S905(X) is not powerful enough for 3D LUTs.
    I assume it is therefore disabled by default for all AMLogic devices.

You need a powerful Intel CPU to use this feature.

• Hi
    I have found the device tree with the dtg.img files but which 1 should I use for the beelink minimx III??
    The awesome build I currently use with Kodi 16.1 was a previous build by kszaq specfic for the beelink minimx III.
    Kszaq did you make a specfic build using kodi17 for the beelink? or are they more generic builds now?
    thanks