[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi kszaq

I've tested the 05/08 build on an SD card (with NFS shares mounted from LE, and passthrough using SPDIF), and so far I haven't encountered stutter : drop/skip counters stay at 0, and visually every "fast" scenes are smooth. It's the first LE8 build with which I haven't had an issue with stutter :)

I'll use it for a few days, with full length movies, and will let you know.

• Hi all.

I enjoy all the builds. (thanks kszaq) but not the big downloads.

So I tried to see if there was a way to make patches between the builds, with decent size patches.

I was successful.

I now have access to all 10 builds (a to j image with sensors) only needing 164 megs of downloading. (LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1a.img.gz + 9 patch files)

If this is something that would be useful for you, you can look at it here:

GitHub - gary9872/905kszaq-diff-patches

I made a script (Linux) that can patch any of the sensored image builds, or you can do it manually. (Linux/Windows)

If you like the idea but need instead one of the other formats/versions (no sensors, tar etc) I'd be willing to add those too.

Any comments, suggestions welcomed.

Cheers,

Gary

• the xdelta's are small indeed ...

• I think barely anyone tested VP9, since it is so uncommon and unpopular.
    To me it feels like HEVC (H.265 / x265) already "won the race"...

The only two samples in the Kodi wiki are VP9 Profile 2 (HDR), this is probably not supported at all:
    Samples - Official Kodi Wiki

If there is support for VP9, there probably is nobody maintaining it because there is no demand.

Just rebooted it after a hard power plug reset. Files appear to play fine now.... Can't explain it.... Lol. That particular box had been running 3 days straight... Maybe just needed a power down for a minute.
    2160p vp9 playing flawlessly now on my S905x.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

• Is it the same update process than "classic" release ?

From the FAQ - "For manually updating LibreELEC, there are use two files types (*.tar and *.img.gz) available. You can update LibreELEC with either file, the .img.gz file just happens to contain the full diskimage."

See HERE

• 8.0.1j...8.0.1k-rc1

In short: playback and NFS improvements. Tagged as RC because needs testing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Tried, still little microstuttering.
    with or without subtitle
    [hr]

Hi kszaq

I've tested the 05/08 build on an SD card (with NFS shares mounted from LE, and passthrough using SPDIF), and so far I haven't encountered stutter : drop/skip counters stay at 0, and visually every "fast" scenes are smooth. It's the first LE8 build with which I haven't had an issue with stutter :)

I'll use it for a few days, with full length movies, and will let you know.

For me this version freeze at bootlogo :(

Edited once, last by envagyok (May 12, 2017 at 7:19 AM).

• 404 Not FoundLink ???????????????????????

He has RC 2 out now (and only the version with the Temp sensor disabled, might be busy with compiling the other versions as we speak):

8.0.1k-rc2

Tip for future reference: just use this URL : Index of /s905/

That way you can just manually navigate to the latest folder in case you need to ;)

Edited once, last by Notna (May 12, 2017 at 10:48 AM).