[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I'm also not a native English speaker. I looked into subtitles issue and it looks like a general Kodi problem. Tried to fix it somehow but unfortunately it's not my area of expertise.

That said I don't see issues with subtitles either, I only noticed it with PGS forced subtitles. This is also happening with Kodi on Windows.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Have to confirm what Kszaq said, as subtitles for me work silky smooth too on my Beelink MXIII II box running LE8.0.1j and have had no problem with this with any of the LE8.0.1 builds. I use the standard KODI subtitles service and use the Subscene and Opensubtitles.org servers. I also run my subtitles in both English and Thai language for my Thai wife and family but have to use a special TTF font file that reproduces the sanscript characters correctly and still absolutely no problems with it in Thai language either and never have had a problem with any Linux builds going back over several years.

Edited once, last by RayW (May 9, 2017 at 6:38 PM).

• It's smooth. Only those subtitles stutter issue. Most of us are not native english spekaers and we watch movies with subtitles.
    Can you have a look at this problem?
    I did mention about it in post #2,847 and attached a sample so you can easily reproduce it.
    You're alpha and omega here :) Hats off to your work. Absolutely invaluable.

S905 box, kszaq last develop version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1-devel-2017-05-05.
    I have no stuttering issues with watching of movies with subtitles. All files play smoothly without and with subtitles too. Including test sample file above...
    Maybe S905 and S905X difference? Or some setting problem?

• S905 box, kszaq last develop version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1-devel-2017-05-05.
    I have no stuttering issues with watching of movies with subtitles. All files play smoothly without and with subtitles too. Including test sample file above...
    Maybe S905 and S905X difference? Or some setting problem?

I doubt it, seeing as my p212 (S905x, MXQ pro 4K) works fine eith and without subs.

Must be component specific, might even be down to SD card speed used.

• OK guys, thank you all for your response. One thing I didn't do is to install this build to internal and check it then.
    Eventually I'm gonna stay with LE7 which works really good and fast.

PS. No, it's not the SD card issue. Same thing happens when running from internal.
    Interesting thing is that I just discoverd.
    EVERY video with enabled subtitles drops a frame with the first line of subtitles. And after that it's fine. No frame drops.
    It looks like only first rendering of subtitle (first line) is causing dropped frame.

Edited once, last by yatoya (May 9, 2017 at 9:04 PM).

• Hello, the remote that came with my no-name S905X box doesn't work too well, so I want to compile a custom kernel with LIRC support instead of amremote so I can use the (very nice) remote from my old cable box (it isn't detected by amremote, even in software mode (and it works with LIRC and a serial-port adapter on my PC)).

So I've found /proc/config.gz after I load the configs.ko module and that's nice.

But what's the http/git/svn/etc URL of the kernel source that I need to download?
    Is it just the normal Amlogic openlinux version?

• Works great, except that it's cutting of that last two seasons of every TV SHOW. What gives?
    I'm on LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.1j.img.gz

Solved: My date was set to 2014.

The NTP service must not be running on startup. I had to manually SSH to the unit and run ntpd to get it to work.

Edited once, last by fbc (May 10, 2017 at 1:06 AM).

• My date is always December/2014 when I boot up. Am I doing something wrong??

The guide I used here: Install LibreELEC on S905X - TUTORIAL

Says I do not need to overwrite the DTB.IMG file on the image:

7. If your box has a S905X CPU jump to n. 8. If your box has S905: Remove the MicroSD / USB and plug it back in to the computer, go to the root of the MicroSD / USB and copy one of this file inside it, renaming it as dtb.img and removing the existing one. Of those files download the one that seems more close to your box. 1 GB of Ram or 2 GB.

So I don't know what else I could have done wrong.

• Hi all,

Those with S905x boxes, have u had any problems vp9 4k videos? Just downloaded my first one and video was stuttering... Checked network usage and no probs there, then saw CPU usage was peaking near constant 100 percent.

I just redownloaded a 1440p mp4 instead and perfect. Sorry if its already been mentioned but do we have support for vp9 files in these builds using a S905x box?

Cheers and great work on the community builds... Loving it.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

• What tree would I use for a beelink mini mxlll ?

What did you not understand from #1
    I presume your box specs are 2GB RAM /S905 Chip/Gigabit Ethernet
    It is pretty well explained in the link how to install.
    Let members know which part of the instructions are confusing.

• Those with S905x boxes, have u had any problems vp9 4k videos? Just downloaded my first one and video was stuttering... Checked network usage and no probs there, then saw CPU usage was peaking near constant 100 percent.

I just redownloaded a 1440p mp4 instead and perfect. Sorry if its already been mentioned but do we have support for vp9 files in these builds using a S905x box?

I think barely anyone tested VP9, since it is so uncommon and unpopular.
    To me it feels like HEVC (H.265 / x265) already "won the race"...

The only two samples in the Kodi wiki are VP9 Profile 2 (HDR), this is probably not supported at all:
    Samples - Official Kodi Wiki

If there is support for VP9, there probably is nobody maintaining it because there is no demand.