[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• No, not yet.
    Do you have a suggestion for me? I never tinkered with these settings...
    Which one would you tackle? remoterepeat?

Yes, and remotedelay. Just try with some larger values and see what happens. ;)

Edited once, last by 2re (April 12, 2017 at 12:37 PM).

• However, I am still facing issues with my external USB IR receiver.
    Does anyone else experience that?

I wouldn't use an external one. I tried the FLIRC USB dongle I used on my computer that always worked very good for me. Now I use the internal one and it works even better. I can leave the room and still some commands find their way. You really should create a script for the remote you are using following this tutorial:
    create remote.conf from scratch

It's not easy at first but when you get the hang of it you can easily configure any remote you want for your box.

• Hi guys,

Anyone seeing low ram usage running this build off a sd card?

I have this build running of an sd card on my amlogic S905X box which has 2gb of ram, but i never see the RAM usage exceeding 600mb. and it is a little slow at time / laggy.

does anyone know if flashing to NAND will improve the speed or ram usage?

sorry if this has already been asked but i couldn't find an answer in this thread

Edited once, last by DMG (April 12, 2017 at 5:34 PM).

• Hi guys,

Anyone seeing low ram usage running this build off a sd card?

I have this build running of an sd card on my amlogic S905X box which has 2gb of ram, but i never see the RAM usage exceeding 600mb. and it is a little slow at time / laggy.

does anyone know if flashing to NAND will improve the speed or ram usage?

sorry if this has already been asked but i couldn't find an answer in this thread

Flashing to NAND will definitely improve UI fluidity. I recommend it wholeheartedly. If you want to retain the possibility of switching back to Android, don't forget to back up your partitions. Don't worry about RAM usage. LibreELEC is a minimal base system for Kodi. Low memory requirements are to be expected and a huge positive compared to Android.

Edited once, last by kubrickdave (April 12, 2017 at 5:53 PM).

• Thanks Kszaq, I upgraded to LE 8 and almost everything is running perfect.

Only thing I could find (after upgrading 8.0.1d to 8.0.1e) is that skipping backwards a couple of minutes the video stops playing. Reverting to 8.0.1d fixes it.

Edited once, last by meijjaa (April 12, 2017 at 6:51 PM).

• Flashing to NAND will definitely improve UI fluidity. I recommend it wholeheartedly. If you want to retain the possibility of switching back to Android, don't forget to back up your partitions. Don't worry about RAM usage. LibreELEC is a minimal base system for Kodi. Low memory requirements are to be expected and a huge positive compared to Android.

ok cool, will give it a try then, fingers crossed i don't brick it.

• I've tested the devel Version, picture quality, fr switch, gui speed is Best ever.
    DD, DTHD, dts, dtshd is ok. Good news we got back dd+ (eac3 plus). Bad news we lost aac 5.1 as surround is mapped to the front.

I tested the developer version with my avr today and can reproduce your findings. Multi-channel output shows is shown as "7.1" input by the avr, but sound is mapped to the front speakers only.

Passthrough works mostly, but dolby atmos is now displayed and decoded as TrueHD by the avr. All versions before sent the sound in a way for the avr to detect atmos.

• ok cool, will give it a try then, fingers crossed i don't brick it.

Backup first as I thought it was good but it's slower on NAND than android is see my post about usage on page 155. It's laggy and images don't load properly. Playback and audio is much better but the experience is not good for some reason.

UPDATE I had the sd card still plugged in after flashing to NAND and it seemed to be running from there still instead of internal memory so remember to remove it and it's better and faster....
    [hr]
    I still cant map the back button in keymap editor as the button I'm trying to map is the back button. When I attempt to map it to back it issues the command it seems and exits the mapping instead of actually mapping it. Any ideas?

Edited once, last by crsnwby (April 12, 2017 at 11:42 PM).

• Updated to 8.0.1e and the audio on TV streaming skips for a second randomly. It worked fine before. I could try the dev build but I'm not sure how to get it?

PS: Didn't test any other sources but I confirmed it happens on all the channels I tested. Everything was fine on the previous build.

Edited once, last by dastinger (April 13, 2017 at 2:42 AM).

• Greetings to everyone!
    I’m having some pretty annoying issue here.

Running latest devel LE from nand.
    My box is Minix NEO U1 (s905/2Gb/16GB) connected to NAD M15HD processor via HDMI for both video and audio.

When using auto framerate switching there is a considerable delay before audio starts playing after framerate has been changed. I know there should be a delay due to handshake and selecting the appropriate decoder by AVR/processor but it was around 2 seconds on my previous streamer (non LE) and now it’s like 8-9 seconds.
    Right now I am forced to use 23,976 always and framerate switching disabled which makes live tv unwatchable.

Is there a setting I could tweak to decrease the delay to some acceptable level?

Log - fCTR
    Thank you!

• Yes, the new frame rate switching is doing something there. I did not notice it on my tv, as I setup a 2-second delay after the switch. On my projector, I saw it blanking out two times.

• With 156 pages , this thread becomes unreadable.

I have the MXQ PRo 1gb s905. Everything works fine running LE from usb. Even the installtointernal gives no errors. Only problem when i installtointernal and reboot, the screen stays black, nothing happens. When in insert the usb stick + toothpick it runs LE again. I can also reflash to android with amlogic tool. So only running (booting) from internal doesnt seem to work. Any advice?

• Even the installtointernal gives no errors. Only problem when i installtointernal and reboot, the screen stays black, nothing happens.

Just in case you missed this bit. #1 Quoted below.
    CAUTION: If your box has a non-standard partition layout, you will see an error when trying to boot from internal memory for the first time. To solve it, you need to boot one more time from SD card and run

Code
    installtointernal

again. This means booting via your USB and repeating the install to internal command.
    Not sure if this will fix issue because you mention no error is shown.

It's not unreadable, I've had to wade through all of the readable posts, several times, to find the solution to an issue that has already been solved. Granted, it a labourious task - but it's not unreadable ;)

I have the MXQ PRo 1gb s905. Everything works fine running LE from usb. Even the installtointernal gives no errors. Only problem when i installtointernal and reboot, the screen stays black, nothing happens. When in insert the usb stick + toothpick it runs LE again. I can also reflash to android with amlogic tool. So only running (booting) from internal doesnt seem to work. Any advice?

I had this issue with 2 boxes before, and in both cases running installtointernal twice did nothing.
    Flashing another older generic MXQ Pro android firmware solved it on one box (install other Android, boot from SD/USB, installtointernal), but the other one just flat out refuses to run from internal.
    (first one was generic no-brand MXQ PRO 4k, the one with issues is an Acemax MXQ PRO 4k)

Edited once, last by sentry23 (April 13, 2017 at 4:50 PM).

• It's not unreadable, I've had to wade through all of the readable posts, several times, to find the solution to an issue that has already been solved. Granted, it a labourious task - but it's not unreadable ;)

I completely agree with Poida, its definitely not unreadable.