Posts by crsnwby

I have a box that I figured out last year how to install I think version 8.0.2, I installed it to device but now I cant seem to install a newer version. Its a Tonbux QBox 2GB device and I tried lots of different versions and tree DTB files but it just does not get past the Tonbux logo with the USB/SD connected and booting with the toothpick... what am i doing wrong?

ok cool, will give it a try then, fingers crossed i don't brick it.

Backup first as I thought it was good but it's slower on NAND than android is see my post about usage on page 155. It's laggy and images don't load properly. Playback and audio is much better but the experience is not good for some reason.

UPDATE I had the sd card still plugged in after flashing to NAND and it seemed to be running from there still instead of internal memory so remember to remove it and it's better and faster....
    [hr]
    I still cant map the back button in keymap editor as the button I'm trying to map is the back button. When I attempt to map it to back it issues the command it seems and exits the mapping instead of actually mapping it. Any ideas?

How to I install it to NAND? I have the sdcard version working fine so how to I put it on NAND for better speed? Is it as simple as rebooting to recovery using the toothpick and updating from the sdcard or do I need to use the zip etc

Never mind used ssh
    [hr]
    One question I do have is about my remote. When I press back when in an add-on it usually using android goes up a level but in libreelec it does go up a level in a menu but when in an add-on it goes all the way out to the home screen instead. Anyone know how to fix that?

It's an air mouse remote rather than the standard one.

What box are you using ? And is LE running from NAND or a SD card/USB key ?

Sorry should have put that in...

Its a Tonbux Q Box S905 2GB/16GB rooted I believe already.

Im currently running it from SD Card but its very slow to respond and load box art etc so was going to backup android and use LIB as the OS hoping it will speed up. Sadly my good san disk ULTRA SD Card is now borked locked as read only so using a chap one which I think is why its slow.

Can someone point me in the direction of backing up my box so I can install LIB directly on it and recover if needed. Lots of different guides online but all seem to point to phones with a recovery available online but my box doesnt have one online I need to get it from the box itself.

Got it working, didn't realize it was a side load off the SD card along side the android OS, the instructions are a bit google translate so hard to make sense of, so some guess work was needed.

Got a working version for my Tonbux QBox which operates and passes through DTS MA and DD HD which was my goal but have a couple of questions... if anyone could help as they might just be features of the hardware I'm using.

1. First thing I noticed is my air remotes back button sometimes seems to get confused with context menu until I use mouse mode from the remote button and then disable mouse mode.
    2. Its a lot slower than running android OS and kodi on top of it. Lag in menus and delays navigating etc. Is this because its running from my SD card rather than being the internal OS?

Apart from that it works great but with the delays in menus I may switch back and only use when I have to for DTS MA files.

Method and image file is the same for all type of S905(X) boxes and described in the first post of this thread.

Use any android cpu-analysing app to find out about your cpu and ram. Then chose the correct device tree and copy/rename according to first post.

Will it work if I put the 905 image on a 905x device as the last box I had died when I used the wrong one.

I have a Tonbux q box and would like to use this but android is a bit of a mystery to me. I can't find out if it's a s905 or the 905x variant as sites have conflicting info. Does anyone have one that could advise which file and method I should use to put this on?

Would like to use dual boot if I can so I can easily revert. Reason for wanting to do it is because both kodi and spmc give me problems when trying to pass DTSMA