[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Is the "new" version C posted in the usual download area? I don't see any mention on the release notes, or download page about two different C versions, so figured I'd ask whether its already up, or if I should wait a day or two for it to be uploaded?

Cheers

• Interestingly, my AVR shows that the input signal is 192kHz. I thought the S905X was limited to 96kHz.

Some versions ago I introduces changes that might have enabled 192kHz PCM on S905X. :D

Is the "new" version C posted in the usual download area? I don't see any mention on the release notes, or download page about two different C versions, so figured I'd ask whether its already up, or if I should wait a day or two for it to be uploaded?

I pulled the old version "C" with non-working multichannel audio, new one is at usual place.

• Just moved up to 8.0.1c (from 8.0.1b) - on a S905X. (Zenoplige X96 Amlogic S905X Quad Core 1G/8G ) - and it does not seem to be honoring the audio pass-through correct. It appears to be transcoding into PCM streams. Trying multiple settings and videos, and everything is linking up with the amp as PCM.

Here's the logs ... some of the dmesg and kodi.log with debugging from audio on.

kodi-s905x - Pastebin.com

Let me know what else to gather or try.

Thanks !
    -David

• Do you have "Sync playback to display" enabled?

Edited once, last by 2re (April 5, 2017 at 5:47 AM).

• Movies with subtitles still better libreelec 7.0.3.012j
    With libreelec 8 always stuttering the video a little when subtitle displayed.

what cause this, it is fixable?

• Maybe a little misunderstanding. I think the problem is not transferring PCM data over HDMI, but converting none Passthrough formats to PCM. like flac, acc, etc.. :angel:

Can you share with me a sample to test because my samples with multichannel flac works great.
    Thanks.

• I'm not sure but I think I've read somewhere that LIRC would be supported on these boxes at some point. Am I wrong?
    For now I've set up my harmony remote for my box using this tutorial:
    thread-2754.html

Giving my box away now to somebody who has no harmony remote but doesnt want to use the included remote or his TVs CEC because of the limited amount of buttons,
    I wonder if I can somehow configure any random remote to work and then use the keymap editor addon to map all the actions he needs for it.
    I haven't found any tutorial about how to do that yet.

• A simple search for "remote.conf" in forum post titles leads to: thread-3581.html?highlight=remote.conf

You can try some leftover remotes from other devices for compatibility and use the tutorial to configure them.

But: The wetek remote has 4 directions, home, back, menu and volume and I do not miss any button besides "stop". What buttons do you need?

• Hi kszaq

I finally upgraded from LE7 to LE8, after having tested a few x264/x265 with "fast" scenes. 8.0.1c is IMHO the first Kodi 17 release to work perfectly.

Thanks for your hard work and enjoy another cup of coffee :)

• Can someone point me in the direction of backing up my box so I can install LIB directly on it and recover if needed. Lots of different guides online but all seem to point to phones with a recovery available online but my box doesnt have one online I need to get it from the box itself.

• Can someone point me in the direction of backing up my box so I can install LIB directly on it and recover if needed. Lots of different guides online but all seem to point to phones with a recovery available online but my box doesnt have one online I need to get it from the box itself.

What box are you using ? And is LE running from NAND or a SD card/USB key ?

• What box are you using ? And is LE running from NAND or a SD card/USB key ?

Sorry should have put that in...

Its a Tonbux Q Box S905 2GB/16GB rooted I believe already.

Im currently running it from SD Card but its very slow to respond and load box art etc so was going to backup android and use LIB as the OS hoping it will speed up. Sadly my good san disk ULTRA SD Card is now borked locked as read only so using a chap one which I think is why its slow.

Edited once, last by crsnwby (April 5, 2017 at 12:57 PM).