[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I have no troubles whatsoever on a S905X with 100MBit and a S905 with GigE. 4k content are live dvb-s2 streams, other content is high-bitrate mkv files from a samba server.

Please tell us more about your setup. What box are you using, where are your files stored? What network do you use? Is there a sample file that repeatedly triggers the buffering that you could provide?

Also, I can recommend to "start fresh" with a new install on a spare sdcard without any changes to configuration, to rule out any issues with your settings.

can you share you DVB-S2 device Model and if it possible to send me Link to it

• FYI: I run gentoo and build there. However, every now and then I have minor/major build issues as well.
    Especially since my gentoo is bleeding edge and sometimes presents build with newer host programs (e.g. gperf 3.1).
    It seems standard Android/LE/etc... build is debian/ubuntu friendlier.
    So now I have very minimal ubuntu chroot inside gentoo and I can build much easier (and equally fast).

• I'm experiencing some stuttering after some seek or pause video. Stop/start video fixes it.
    Happens only in Krypton. Jarvis doesn't have this issue.
    It's quite easy to reproduce. Just seek the video back and forth and it will appear.
    It's definitely not the prefill removal patch because it occurs in all Krypton releases.
    I've also have a question regarding 64 bit LibreELEC.
    I did some testing and in my opinion the 64 bit version is much snappier.
    So, why not use since the S905X is a 64 bit chip?

Edited once, last by yatoya (March 23, 2017 at 12:15 PM).

• I also have this issue... I usually go back the video a little and then stuttering is gone...

I have S905X with the latest LibreELEC Krypton version...

• Thanks I will take a look at that (ps movie sounds are still coming in).
    [hr]

F8 mutes everything ;-), not only the menu. So still looking for a solution.

Hello,

I´ve th same problem.
    No GUI sounds and live streams too

If i play some video local sounds works just fine but video streams and GUI sounds notting :huh:

• Hi kszaq, thanks again for all Your efforts.
    Update went great, but the shutdown button on the remote won't work anymore. Can I resolve this issue?
    Shutdown is working, it must have been the fatigue yesterday :cool:

Edited once, last by Jefken (March 24, 2017 at 10:06 AM).

• Try the setting to "keep audio alive" to constantly stream a signal all the time.

I do something different and solve my problem.

system settings -> audio -> audio output device: hdmi
    system settings -> audio -> output configuration: fixed

everything works now ;)

• For people who for some reason want to try 64bit 8.0.1a : LE – Google Drive
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170324005706-r25765-ga2aa2b7.img.gz
    [built verbatim from kszaq repository]
    I also rebuilt some TV related addons (some were updated too)
    pvr.hts-3.4.19.1.zip
    pvr.iptvsimple-2.4.8.1.zip
    pvr.mythtv-5.0.9.1.zip
    service.tvheadend42-8.1.110.zip

• Apologies for newbness....

Just as you would expect, after yesterday, installing my first libreELEC (8.0.0g, using gxl_p212_2g.dtb) on my new M8s II, to internal memory, today, kszaq released a new version.

My questions are regarding "Updating" section (thread-5556.html:( "Note: You should also download a new device tree, and put in Update folder with an update file. You should have both files in Update folder before rebooting. You do not need to rename device tree file before updating."
    Questions:
    1. does "Update folder" mean "/storage/.update" folder?
    2. did above mean that I need to download "gxl_p212_2g.dtb" and store in "/storage/.update" folder with the new image file?
    R's, Alex

Edited once, last by AlexF (March 24, 2017 at 4:44 AM).

• Hi kszaq, thanks again for all Your efforts.
    Update went great, but the shutdown button on the remote won't work anymore. Can I resolve this issue?

Same here on 8.0.1a on mini m8s, the section to choose either shutdown or suspend is greyed out in system-powersaving.