[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Choppy, blocky playback of this sample, please check: h.264 1080i
    In Android with minix xbmc all is fine, so it's not a hardware decoder bug.

I can confirm the issues but you're not entirely correct about this not being hardware decoder bug: HW decoding is not only VPU but also closed-source microcode and kernel driver code. My builds have more recent kernel and microcode from Amlogic (the last one that is available to public) and while it is better in some aspects than code in Minix Android, it is worse in others. I can try reverting some parts of this code but we should hope Amlogic will fix this in next public release, whenever that happens...
    [hr]

Channels switching on simple client is faster then in 8.0.0g but still slower then jarvis

I will quote myself from WeTek forum:

The only benefit from my patch is that you have to wait up to 1 second shorter for hardware decoder to initialize. The rest of delay comes from tuner and Kodi itself. I am still not sure whether the patch does not break some playback cases.

and from Github:

Long channel switching times seems to be a general issue in Kodi v17, not Amlogic-specific: Very Slow Channel Switching iptv simple client

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 18, 2017 at 8:04 AM).

• Thanks for the instructions.
    I was unable to navigate to the respective .kodi files on each disk.
    I since tried plugging the two drives (usb + microSD in a card reader) into windows, and using a ext4 reader, but that kept erroring out on me.

now i'm resorting to getting a ubuntu live usb and seeing if i can move things around after booting to that.

I'm almost at the point of just starting fresh. haha.... almost.

Hey guys; simply plugging the updated microusb card into a laptop with a LinuxMint live usb booted allowed easy renaming of the partitions which fixed the problem

thanks for your help.

• Choppy, blocky playback of this sample, please check: h.264 1080i
    In Android with minix xbmc all is fine, so it's not a hardware decoder bug.

It might be limited to an unusual property of the sample files. I just tested live European 1080i dvb-s2 broadcasts, and those were decoded just fine.

Channel switching times are excellent, btw. (Tvheadend with external server)

• 8.0.0g uploading now, changelog and links in OP. renzz please check if it is better than 8.0.0f. Channel switching times improves only in some cases.

kszaq - Unfortunately 8.0.0.g is exactly the same - bad picture breakup on some channels with vq dropping to, or hovering around, 0.

Log at IfJL

• Please tell me who knows what I need to fix, so that I do not get an error when rebooting on my KII-Pro:

"cp: can’t stat ‘/flash/SYSTEM’ : No such file or directory
    *** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM ***
    ### Starting debugging shell… type exit to quit ###
    Sh: can’t access tty; job control turned off
    #"

I really want to use LibreElec-8, but because of this error it is loaded only with a "toothpick" and it does not turn on from the remote ..
    Someone has a ready-made Image for the KII-Pro with integrated into it (without the need for replacement) dtb.img ?
    Thank you.

• 8.0.0f and 8.0.0g quite fast when change channel speed, I have S905 and S905X both
    it's rellay nice great works! I use external tvheadend on synology one for s905, and the other one is
    libreelec addon tvheadend 4.2 for s905x. I update it always use update folder it's really simple and easy and safe :)
    [hr]

just wondering if some one can help me with proper device tree for this box,, everything works ok ,,except dont have no wifi,,

maybe someone has extracted dtb ,,

thanx

I use similar one the name is T95X, cause using Chinese cheaper wifi chip there is no driver.

Edited once, last by wowwoo (March 18, 2017 at 3:58 PM).

• If you still have Android installed, get the utility called 64 on google play. It lists all the hardware components.

It doesn't list wifi chip but it my case I clued into the fact that it was a p212 board so I used the p212 dtb and voila.

You can also open the box and look for the chip to identify it. You will also usually find the board model on the pcb.

Do a search on both and you should get theninformation you need to find what your device is a clone of.

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 18, 2017 at 6:27 PM).

• I can confirm the issues but you're not entirely correct about this not being hardware decoder bug: HW decoding is not only VPU but also closed-source microcode and kernel driver code. My builds have more recent kernel and microcode from Amlogic (the last one that is available to public) and while it is better in some aspects than code in Minix Android, it is worse in others. I can try reverting some parts of this code but we should hope Amlogic will fix this in next public release, whenever that happens...
    [hr]

I will quote myself from WeTek forum:

and from Github:

In my case an IPTV stream (Zattoo - h264 1024X576) will crash regularly after about 20 minutes. First there is a bit of buffering, then the picture freezes and sound continues and finally both sound and picture freeze. This freezing process all happens within a couple of seconds. The progress bar still shows the stream as 'playing' and it is possible to pause, rewind, etc. the stream.

If I turn off hardware acceleration everything is fine and crashes don't happen.

• In my case an IPTV stream (Zattoo - h264 1024X576) will crash regularly after about 20 minutes. First there is a bit of buffering, then the picture freezes and sound continues and finally both sound and picture freeze. This freezing process all happens within a couple of seconds. The progress bar still shows the stream as 'playing' and it is possible to pause, rewind, etc. the stream.

If I turn off hardware acceleration everything is fine and crashes don't happen.

I had this issue with Stalker. Switched to Simple IPTV, all gone.

• In my case an IPTV stream (Zattoo - h264 1024X576) will crash regularly after about 20 minutes. First there is a bit of buffering, then the picture freezes and sound continues and finally both sound and picture freeze. This freezing process all happens within a couple of seconds. The progress bar still shows the stream as 'playing' and it is possible to pause, rewind, etc. the stream.

This sounds like the issue, that I'm experiencing with tvheadend. Debug log is here.

Edited once, last by chbmuc (March 18, 2017 at 8:07 PM).

• Hi,
    Hi need some help please,I'm trying to build the image but it fail at the very end of the process:
    Building Amlogic DeviceTreeBlobs and injecting them to kernel...
    ./scripts/image: line 268: /home/andrea/http://LibreELEC.tv/tools/dtbTool/dtbTool: No such file or directory
    Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed
    make: *** [image] Error 1

I can't understand why because the dtbTool is there!
    please can someone help?
    Thank you.