Posts by chbmuc

In my case an IPTV stream (Zattoo - h264 1024X576) will crash regularly after about 20 minutes. First there is a bit of buffering, then the picture freezes and sound continues and finally both sound and picture freeze. This freezing process all happens within a couple of seconds. The progress bar still shows the stream as 'playing' and it is possible to pause, rewind, etc. the stream.

If I turn off hardware acceleration everything is fine and crashes don't happen.

This sounds like the issue, that I'm experiencing with tvheadend. Debug log is here.

I've noticed a problem while watching a live stream from my tvheadend server on my S905X box: When watching a channel for a longer time (~ 20-60 minutes), the image suddenly freezes and Kodi is starting to use more and more memory. I've found the following messages in the debug log.

I'm pretty certain, that this is not a network issue. I'm not sure if this bug existed before 8.0.0e, but I haven't noticed this with previous versions.

Thank you everyone for testing the devel build. In 2016-10-18 build removed hardware demux patch and added a change to allow playing very high bitrate videos.

Now let's try another dev build that has both: hardware demux buffering and a fix for high bitrate stuttering. I believe it also has no video/audio sync issue but I leave it for you to evaluate:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161018215738-r23396-g605a453.img.gz

People with "back key" issue can also try this, I think I finally fixed it - forgive me as I'm still learning sed. :D

This one looks good. No more audio/video sync issues on my side. :)

Channel switching was faster in 007, though.

Dev build to test audio/video sync issues: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017080545-r23388-g7601b82.img.gz

2 important notes about this one:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

Audio/video sync issues seem to be caused by the "fixed demux buffering" patch. When I remove this patch, the issue is resolved. I've also noticed that I can watch live-tv without problems right after booting. However when I switch channels the issue starts. I suspect that there are some values that are not properly reset when starting a new stream.

Independent from the "fixed demux buffering" patch, I've noticed that channel switching times where better with .007 (~3.0 instead of ~1.5 seconds on HD channels), however I couldn't figure out what's the cause of this behavior, yet.

I've noticed, that the amlogic hardware decoder (S905) switches to a resolution of 1440x1080 on some live tv channels (DVB-S, 1080i via tvheadend), while it should be 1920x1080. The problem does not occur, when playing a recording of the same channel. I think it's the same problem, gergov reported: LibreELEC

After some tinkering, I've figured out that I can work around this with the following kodi patch:

Of course, this isn't a correct fix, as it overrides the width for all 1440x1080 videos, but it works for me...

I have A95X with original firmware on NAND but when i toothpicked device, loaded LibreElec from SD-Card, SSH'ed on it and type

Code
    dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

After 45s i got

Code
    0+0 records in
    0+0 records out
    0 bytes (0B) copied, 45.331020 seconds, 0B/s

I see that someone else have put this DTB already but i wonder what could go wrong.

I've loaded the original Android firmware (not Libreelec) and installed a Terminal. Reading /dev/dtb from Android was no problem at all, except that the file was quite big. I've used the "device-tree-compiler" (from Ubuntu) to extract the relevant data.