[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• So I've created a new fresh install on a separate usb. I have now booted to that, and ssh'd in to see my drives.
    I only have one of the mmcblk1p2 (as opposed to 2x similar mmcblk). the disk one here exists; I have renamed that to libreelec_disk.

If you have correctly performed a fresh install of LE 8.0.0x, you shouldn't have to rename either partition.
    You should have LIBREELEC and LIBREELEC_DISK

So I just copy one "disk" partition to the other "disk" partition and that is enough?

You'd be copying from the "disk" partition to the newly created LIBREELEC_DISK partition (on my USB sticks the partition name is all UPPERCASE, might make a difference)

There's no point in copying anything from the old boot partition, since doing so would be overwriting your new LE build with the files you are having difficulties with ;)

Edited once, last by Poida (March 13, 2017 at 8:45 AM).

• I did the second, already. I deleted the myvideos.db files in kodi/userdata and restarted the box.

What kind of NAS are you owning? Synology?
    What kind of share method are you using on our Synology? HTTPS WebDav?

There is a problem with Synology not accepting the SSL connection what LibreELEC 8.0 is using. See thread-4075-post-30202.html
    You can fix that by using a HTTP WebDav connection from LibreELEC 8.0 to your Synology.

• Hi there, i'm having a problem with starting up, I've tried both USB ports this is on an MXQ device (2017 MXQ PRO 4K Quad Core Android 6.0 TV Box Fully Loaded KODI XBMC Media Player | eBay) and i've checked that the drive name is correct but still getting the error:

Code
    *** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***
    ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
    # _

I've checked with both USB ports, alas the same result. Any other ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks
    [hr]

Hi there, i'm having a problem with starting up, I've tried both USB ports this is on an MXQ device (2017 MXQ PRO 4K Quad Core Android 6.0 TV Box Fully Loaded KODI XBMC Media Player | eBay) and i've checked that the drive name is correct but still getting the error:

I've checked with both USB ports, alas the same result. Any other ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks

OK sorry, just found the answer to my own question, you have to use the micro SD card slot! Otherwise it doesn't work :) Good luck to all

Edited once, last by dawesc (March 13, 2017 at 10:55 AM).

• Thanks for the instructions.
    I was unable to navigate to the respective .kodi files on each disk.
    I since tried plugging the two drives (usb + microSD in a card reader) into windows, and using a ext4 reader, but that kept erroring out on me.

now i'm resorting to getting a ubuntu live usb and seeing if i can move things around after booting to that.

I'm almost at the point of just starting fresh. haha.... almost.

• What kind of NAS are you owning? Synology?
    What kind of share method are you using on our Synology? HTTPS WebDav?

There is a problem with Synology not accepting the SSL connection what LibreELEC 8.0 is using. See thread-4075-post-30202.html
    You can fix that by using a HTTP WebDav connection from LibreELEC 8.0 to your Synology.

Exactly, a Synology NAS I am owning. Using Samba, I guess.

Still I managed to get it running again. I deleted the database files again and also removed the sources and add them again, while setting the content anew.

Now it is scraping/searching movies/series again.

• Hello,
    I wrote in the message thread-2156-post-38955.html#pid38955 about problems using an external USB DAC with my box Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB, which occurred going from Jarvis to Krypton.

I'm now trying the optical output, still connected to the same external stereo dac; in this regard, I have searched, but without a clear answer:
    anyone knows which data stream can be managed from the the optical output of a box amlogic s905x? It can pass a 24bit 192kHz signal? Or only 16-bit?

Thank you.

• Hello,
    I wrote in the message thread-2156-post-38955.html#pid38955 about problems using an external USB DAC with my box Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB, which occurred going from Jarvis to Krypton.

I'm now trying the optical output, still connected to the same external stereo dac; in this regard, I have searched, but without a clear answer:
    anyone knows which data stream can be managed from the the optical output of a box amlogic s905x? It can pass a 24bit 192kHz signal? Or only 16-bit?

Thank you.

The 905x can't do 192, it's been posted some pages back. The 905 can though.

• Is it possible to say, when this error will be fixes?

If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

• There are some players that output 96/24 over S/PDIF. There is no defined maximum data rate, although 48/16 (or 44/16 for CD) is the standard and guaranteed to work.

S/PDIF is limited to 1.544 Mbps. Stereo PCM 96/24 is 4.6 Mbps. You probably mean DTS 96/24, but this is compressed audio to 1.544 Mbps for passthrough.

Edited once, last by afl1 (March 15, 2017 at 10:29 AM).

• Does anybody here know if the new MyGica ATV495 is supported. This is a s905 box with a gigabut ehternet port and 2G/16G memory. Looks very nice though not that cheap by todays standards. All depends of course whether thsi box is compatible with any of the available s905 device trees ?? Also has a very nice USB dongle driven remote with one side normal remote buttons and the other a full querty keyboard with other function keys too.

• It's been a quiet week for LE 8.0 and Kodi 17 so let's break something. :D

8.0.0f posted in OP with an experimental change to HW decoder that might improve seek and channel switching times - please report if they're better, worse or the same. There is also a performance bump for S905X (it's still a bit slower than S905 but the gap is now much smaller) and improvement to Bluetooth audio. Enjoy!