Posts by asat

Me again :)
    This image plays much better than previous. When I try to rewind or go forward in previous version (e) I got stuck, then must stop the movie and restart again. In this version (f) player works without issues, including rewind, forward, chapters, with mouse or remote with hdr&sdr content.

Thanks again. Good update for my gt1.

At this point I'm not really sure if the hardware supports it. Amlogic advertises HDR10 support, which I would understand to mean proper 10bit output without truncation (along with signaling the ST2084 EOTF, BT.2020 color space and associated metadata, all of which seems to work).
    Unfortunately almost no display hardware reports the bit depth of the input signal, so it's hard to find people's experiences on the internet. I also haven't tested the Android firmware that came with my box. Maybe it works there.
    Nevertheless the picture quality is very good. I can spot some slight banding in some scenes, but nothing too severe really. I'm really impressed for the 40 bucks I sent.

Yes, great performance for the money which works best with libreelec :)
    Considering different bits, format, specs maybe to check this thread because of various demo links thread-4382.html
    Just checked, I can play 10bit HDR demo file from 905x.

p.s. consider copying the files to sd card&usb, because of 100Mb network is sometimes slow.

HDR is not supported in the sense that kszaq does not have equipment to test it. So no support from him.
    Other than that it works just fine (with the exception that the output is limited to 8bit). Your TV is not lying to you. :)

Thanks :) Currently the best picture I can display is from libreelec. It's really fantastic.
    If we want 10-bit output from s905x is there something we can do?