[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Any advice on getting bluetooth controllers connected in retroarch? LibreElec connects just fine, But i can only move around in a small square on the top left corner. Does not navigate in LE, I open Retroarch/Jokerzbox and it does not even show my gamepad. Some advice would be great. Thanks again

Hi,

my XiaoMi blutooth gamepad arrived this week and today I had some time to experiment. I am also using Jokerzbox retroarch. To get it to work:

• Activate blutooth service, then pair and connect the controller in libreelec setup
    • Configure the controller for use in libreelec with settings->input->configure controllers (I sometimes needed to push the right buttons several times until the setup recognized them correctly) -> now I could use the controller for libreelec menus, etc.
    • Start retroarch program. Retroarch sees controller, says "not configured" (yellow text popup at the bottom right)
    • Find autoconf file for my controller on retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/udev at master · libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig · GitHub
    • Download and copy file to .kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/resources/autoconfig/
    • Restart retroarch (back button on remote). Now says "configured" and just works

Edited once, last by mmpp (March 2, 2017 at 8:02 PM).

• Installed 8.0.0c to a95x nexbox, and have issues with audio. I can hear menu audio and live tv audio BUT tv shows and movies are silent. Tried audio amplification. Tv is not muted. And no its not in dolby or anything other than regular 2.0. I even reset audio to defaults and it didnt help. What could have gone wrong? Seeing that nobody reported it makes me suspicious even more. Audio codec issues? Tried turning passthrough on/off, didnt help. Running out of ideas, thinking of downgrade.

Sent from my K3Note using Tapatalk

• Hey I have been searching the forums but can't seem to find the "Widevine" instructions that used to be posted on the 1st page. We are still using 32bit libraries correct?? I did a clean install and wanted to apply it again but can't find the script/commands.

Advise??

• Hi All,
    I have a MX Plus box which runs LE 7.0.2.007. Now I bought a new QBox on which I've loaded LE 8.0.0c. Was wondering if there's a simple way to export from the old box and import to the new one all the configuration settings, libraries, cover/fun arts, etc. without re-importing all from scratch. I know that after I'll need to rename the new box, assign a new IP addrress. The box have similar but not identical hw.

• Hi All,
    I have a MX Plus box which runs LE 7.0.2.007. Now I bought a new QBox on which I've loaded LE 8.0.0c. Was wondering if there's a simple way to export from the old box and import to the new one all the configuration settings, libraries, cover/fun arts, etc. without re-importing all from scratch. I know that after I'll need to rename the new box, assign a new IP addrress. The box have similar but not identical hw.

Add-on:Backup - Official Kodi Wiki not sure if it will work correctly going from Jarvis to Krypton

some skins like Titan have an option to backup & restore skin settings, also under library I think you can export & import library

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (March 3, 2017 at 8:50 AM).

• Hi All,

I've got a KIII box, all was good until I installed 8.0.0c from scratch, wifi does not appears in "network" on kodi GUI, so looks like I failed on choosing the right dtb file and wlan is not getting configured. already tried gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

any clues about I'm missing here, which dtb should I use for this box?
    is it possible to update device tree from .update directory?

• Amlogic S905 Quad-core 64-bit ARM-A53 up to 2GHz
    • DDR3 2GB Flash 16GB
    • Wifi ConnectivityIEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac 2.4G&5GEthernet100/1000M

Thanks in advance,

• Hi folks and especially @kaszaq,

I own a Mini M8S II and Libreelec 8.0c works like a charm. However, I must confess that both wifi and bluetooth gives me grief.
    First things first: My box has an AP6212a and thus a BCM43438 chip inside. As far as I can tell from the dmesg log, the appropriate driver for this chip is loaded. Unfortunately, the version is not the latest. The version number I see is

Code
    [   21.101938@0] Firmware version = wl0: Sep 21 2016 14:52:37 version 7.46.57.4.ap.r3 ...

The most recent version is AFAIK 7.46.57.189. At least that is what was shipped with Andoid. Can't tell the difference between both, but would like to see the new one included because it might fix my problems.
    Speaking of which, my wifi connection is extremely flaky. I live in an appartment and I'm surrounded by many, many other wifi routers that all broadcast in full madness. I managed to find a channel in which only 3 other routers broadcast. Between my router and the TV box is a hallway and two doors. Should not be that much of an obstacle.
    Since I live in Germany I want to use channels 12 and 13, however, I don't get a connection once my router broadcasts on these channels. The culprit is a misconfigured "regulatory domain", which is first set to China during the boot process and then to the fallback Global because the domain cannot be set ... why ever ... See here:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # iw phy0 reg get
    global
    country 00: DFS-UNSET
            (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (6, 20), (N/A)
            (2457 - 2482 @ 40), (6, 20), (N/A), PASSIVE-SCAN
            (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (6, 20), (N/A), NO-OFDM, PASSIVE-SCAN
            (5170 - 5250 @ 160), (6, 20), (N/A), PASSIVE-SCAN
            (5250 - 5330 @ 160), (6, 20), (N/A), DFS, PASSIVE-SCAN
            (5490 - 5730 @ 160), (6, 20), (N/A), DFS, PASSIVE-SCAN

So I used the 'iw' command from the Network Tools addon to set the domain to DE or alternatively to EU. Here is what I got:

So no chance for me to set the regulatory domain to something different. Would be very pleased if somebody could have a look into this.

Ah, by the way, before I forget about this: If somebody of you wants to try this little hack here : A95X External Antenna Mod & Results
    I recommend don't. It isn't worth the hassle. You get better reception, yes, that's true, but also more interferences from other routers in the vicinity and that will definitely not boost the throughput.

My other problem is Bluetooth. Yes it works, my TV box can see my Aukey BR-C1, a Bluetooth 3.0 audio receiver, but is unable to connect to it. As a side note, my box is perfectly able to connect to my smartphone. Here is what I do manually to connect to it:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # hcitool scan
    Scanning ...
            00:11:67:C8:BE:C3       n/a
    LibreELEC:~ # hcitool name  00:11:67:C8:BE:C3
    BR-C1
    LibreELEC:~ # hcitool cc  00:11:67:C8:BE:C3
    Can't create connection: Input/output error

So here is my question: What should I do in order to connect to this audio receiver? I can't get any connection either from command line not from Kodi UI.
    @kaszaq: How do you make sure, that hciattach does indeed load the appropriate *.hcd firmware?

Thanks for your interest. Help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dietrich

• The most recent version is AFAIK 7.46.57.189. At least that is what was shipped with Andoid. Can't tell the difference between both, but would like to see the new one included because it might fix my problems.

I would like to know where can I get it. Amlogic secretly pushes updates to vendors and only a few times in a year they make a public release with updated firmware. Yet many firmwares are missing and the only way to get them is to extract from Android boxes.

@kaszaq: How do you make sure, that hciattach does indeed load the appropriate *.hcd firmware?

HCIattach sends an identification command to the chip and loads appropriate firmware if it's present in file system.

• I would like to know where can I get it. Amlogic secretly pushes updates to vendors and only a few times in a year they make a public release with updated firmware. Yet many firmwares are missing and the only way to get them is to extract from Android boxes.

Yes, we all can only hope that this situation becomes better now that the IoT division of Broadcom was sold to Cypress which is know for good support.
    BTW, Redbear Duo, Raspberry PI3 and PI0 all have this BCM43438 chip inside. So there is good hope, that we will see more software updates to our wifi chip.
    I would try this Git repository. Everything new. Drieschel's Git repo

HCIattach sends an identification command to the chip and loads appropriate firmware if it's present in file system.

Ok, good to know. Is there a way to check the process of how and when hciattach goes up? What must I do to see some debug messages?

• I wrote earlier that I had problem with the 8.0.0c build.
    720p
    59940/1000
    60000/1001
    29970/1000
    30000/1001
    These files are all somewhat jerky all over the place (not so significantly but noticeably comparing to the 7.0.2.012j), some began to judder significantly after some minutes and goes back to "normal" after skipping some seconds.

I clean installed 7.0.2.012j on a card and all these same files are playing smooth.

Is there a dedicated thread for bug reporting or I should post some samples here?
    And to which site should I upload them?

Edited once, last by szaki (March 3, 2017 at 8:10 PM).

• Yes, we all can only hope that this situation becomes better now that the IoT division of Broadcom was sold to Cypress which is know for good support.
    BTW, Redbear Duo, Raspberry PI3 and PI0 all have this BCM43438 chip inside. So there is good hope, that we will see more software updates to our wifi chip.
    I would try this Git repository. Everything new. Drieschel's Git repo

Please take another look and you will see that this is a fork of my repo...

• Hi folks. Just installed 8.0.0d. Fantastic work but I prefer the older Confluence skin personally.

So I have installed the Confluence skin and all seems OK but I'm missing the option on the power button to select 'reboot from internal'

Any ideas how I can add that to my confluence skin?

Many thanks.

• Hi folks. Just installed 8.0.0d. Fantastic work but I prefer the older Confluence skin personally.

So I have installed the Confluence skin and all seems OK but I'm missing the option on the power button to select 'reboot from internal'

Any ideas how I can add that to my confluence skin?

Many thanks.

Either by editing DialogButtonMenu.xml in .kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p (to put it in the power menu), or adding to favourites or a separate submenu. The first is obviously neater, but if the skin is updated you'll need to repeat the change. The command you'll need is

System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")

• I've been running 7.0.3.012c (temp sensor disabled) on my Minix U1 for a while with good results, so I decided to upgrade to 8.0.0.

Now, when the box boots, I get a message "A start job is running for Load Kernel Modules" which also shows a timer. This takes 1M 7S to finish. The box runs fine after that.

I looked thorough the output of dmesg, and found this:

[ 6.387960@3] aml_sd_emmc d0070000.sdio: card claims to support voltages below defined range
    [ 6.421652@3] sdio: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0xd0 (20 bytes)
    [ 6.423178@3] sdio: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0xf0 (1 bytes)
    [ 6.496898@3] sdio: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x02 (128 bytes)
    [ 6.589926@3] sdio: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x42 (168 bytes)
    [ 71.961264@3] sdio: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card
    [ 73.960799@3] sdio: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card
    [ 73.961934@3] [sdio_reinit] finish

The time period looks about right - could this be the issue?

Grateful for any insight - thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by didge (March 4, 2017 at 2:40 AM).