Posts by andreaf

Hi All,
    I have a MX Plus box which runs LE 7.0.2.007. Now I bought a new QBox on which I've loaded LE 8.0.0c. Was wondering if there's a simple way to export from the old box and import to the new one all the configuration settings, libraries, cover/fun arts, etc. without re-importing all from scratch. I know that after I'll need to rename the new box, assign a new IP addrress. The box have similar but not identical hw.

Hi Tager, thank you for your tests. I use LE mainly for its bitperfect audio out capability. Your results confirm mine.
    I still use version 007 for 2 chans music over s/pdif and it works great.

Thank you everyone for testing the devel build. In 2016-10-18 build removed hardware demux patch and added a change to allow playing very high bitrate videos.

Now let's try another dev build that has both: hardware demux buffering and a fix for high bitrate stuttering. I believe it also has no video/audio sync issue but I leave it for you to evaluate:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161018215738-r23396-g605a453.img.gz

People with "back key" issue can also try this, I think I finally fixed it - forgive me as I'm still learning sed. :D

Just tested this dev build. Now vq remains around 90% but audio/video out of sync problem is still there. Same file as 007 and first 008 versions. It seems a little better but it's not ok. In particular this file is 1080p with DTS audio. Audio passthrough over HDMI. It works with 007.

Unfortunately it won't. I have played a few videos with .008 and have not experienced out of sync audio. As per sticky thread you need to provide me a sample that exposes the issue, otherwise how can I tell if a fix that I may provide works or not?

I know which Kodi patch causes the issue but I would prefer to fix it rather than delete it.

If no sample can be provided, would you be able to reproduce the issue in a fairly short period of time when I provide you a test build to tell whether it's fixed or not?

Out of sync issues have been noticed with "fix" 008 version.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not able to provide sample material. I'm a developer too and I know It's difficult to fix a problem without reproducing it.
    But I could try a test build this evening after work if you can provide it.
    Perhaps the problem is related to buffers handling? In 008 vq doesn't go to 0 as in version 007.

I briefly tested the 008 and found that
    - buffer: now vq remains around 90%, in 007 with the same files vq goes to 0% after some minutes
    - in 008 in some video the audio is out of sync, it is ok in 007
    - 2 channels audio files with sr>44.1 (tested 48KHz and 96KHz) are not reproduced over HDMI...not testd S/PDIF

I stay with 007 for now ;)

kszaq, thanks again for your great work!

Ah, sorry, another little tech question.
    I run LE from a 32GB class10 Kingston MicroSD. 512MB of the SD are used for LE image. Is all the big remaining space used as storage/disk for Kodi data (database, album/artist/film info, covers, configuration...)? What is also this SD space used for?
    And what about the internal memory of the box? MX Plus has 1GB DDR3 and 4GB NAND. Does LE use internal NAND when booting from SD? If yes, what does LE read/write from it?

Perhaps, these are silly questions. I haven't got experience in working with Linux/Android but I'd like to understand. Thank you!

At the moment I could not get the IR remote control to work. Not a big problem but it would be useful. It doens't respond. Perhaps it's a known problem...I will read if there's something about it.

A strange thing. I have prepared a new SD card (32 GB class 10) with the same image and tree file gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb as the previous old 1GB SD.
    Booted LE and...the remote works! I don't understand why.

Now a curiosity. I have noticed (both with old SD and the new one) that while booting the following error appears : "Failed to start Create Static Device Modes in \dev." Please, see attachment for details.
    Is this really a problem? Or should I forgive it?

Ok, my devices support HDMI CEC but I do no use it. Later I will setup my Logitech Harmony remote to control the box so, firstly, I need to get the stock remote working.

Another question: is it possible to control LE using the standard Kodi remote app for Android/iOS?

Hi andreaf, what version of MX Plus you have?...

Hi Andreaf.
    There is my experience how install and running LibreELEC with my box MXV+ (MXV Plus)....

Hi jmcm and Whitesak, thanks for your great help and sorry for my late reply but I spent the weekend trying to start LE on my MX Plus before "destroying" it ;) And I can't belive yet but it happened!!! :)
    And thanks again to all the other people who helped me!

But now in order.

Yes my box is MXPlus_S but, as said, none of the mentioned procedures worked. I also tried the gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb tree...same result, Android in safe mode.

Then I tried the dual boot patch procedure as suggested from Whitesak (points 1, 2 and 3) but could not use a boot application since my box is not rooted. But point 4) was not necessary because I switched on the box with the SD card inserted and finally it booted LE!!!
    Now the box boots LE if the card is inserted, Android if not.

In particular:
    1) I used a +10years old 1GB microSD card (FAT32 formatted)
    2) Rufus (unzipping the .gz before or not) and Win32DiskImaged make no difference
    3) gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb

At the moment I had not got time to conduct many tests but can affirm that I could not see thouse issues I had in the orrible Android version.
    - Audio passthrough (AC3 and DTS) work
    - Bit perfect audio out (HDMI and S/PDIF) works for 2 channels music (the main reason I wanted to try LE!!!!)
    - the RF keyboard works without unplugging/re-plugging the USB RF dongle

At the moment I could not get the IR remote control to work. Not a big problem but it would be useful. It doens't respond. Perhaps it's a known problem...I will read if there's something about it.

Many thanks to kszak for his awesome work!

andreaf Can you try downloading a zip file mentioned in that post: LibreELEC and extract unlock_autoscript to your SD card - in addition to files that are already there? Then try toothpick method.

Dear Friends, here are my last results :(

1) 1GB SD card (with and without unlock_autoscript)
    2) 32GB SD card (with and without unlock_autoscript)
    3) 8GB USP pen drive on all three USB ports

The MX Plus box ALWAYS starts Android in safe mode (toothpick method).

At this point I want to thank all you helped me to find a solution. But I think there isn't anything else I can try with this box.

in the meanwhile I burnt LE on a USB KEY, 8GB, all flawless, first try successful on the USB plug nearest to the Sd slot

Grazie Ale, italiano anche tu? Guarda un po' dove ci ritroviamo ;)

I will try with a USB pen drive too.

Quote from Pelican

Rufus CAN write .img.gz without unpacking it
    Win32diskimager CAN NOT write the .img.gz you have to unpack the .img file first.

Yes, I've tried all the three options:

1) Rufus without unpacking first
    2) Rufus after unpacking
    3) Win32diskimager after unpacking

The result is always the same. Please, see attachment.

Quote from kostaman

Try an 8gb sd card first to eliminate the possibility of 32gb not compatible with LE Booting.
    I have seen this issue before. It is worth the try.

In case you need info later Your Box has P200 Board and Realtek WiFi Chip RTL8723.

Yes, I will try a 8GB SD card too.

At the moment I tried the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb tree. There's not a similar tree for Realtek WiFi. The one for Realtek hasn't got 1Gbit support. But I could try it.

Other possibilities are too time expensive for me...I prefer to throw away this orrible MX Plus box and get a new one ;)

Bad news :(
    Tried to burn the SD card both unpacking the .gz file before and not unpacking using Rufus. And I also tried Win32DiskImager after unpacking. Always the same result: the MX Plus box boots Android in safe mode. No LE for me at the moment.

Any other ideas?

Perhaps I need an hw modification like this ?