[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Maybe I didn't read enough documentation, but I'm wondering if there's a sweet SSH command I can use to push the updates, rather than re-format and flash a fresh copy on my sd card. I'm completely fine re-formatting and restoring each update, but I'd be punching myself if there was an easier solution.

I thank ANYONE in advance who replies

My thread comment inspired more reading, I no longer need assistance.

Edited once, last by Crucial (February 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM).

• Maybe I didn't read enough documentation, but I'm wondering if there's a sweet SSH command I can use to push the updates, rather than re-format and flash a fresh copy on my sd card. I'm completely fine re-formatting and restoring each update, but I'd be punching myself if there was an easier solution.

yes there is
    cd .update
    wget <url_of_the_tar_file>
    shutdown -r now

et voilà

I'm sure you can update via ssh - I've never bothered because doing it via smb is so easy.
    Download the update to your pc - either the img.gz or the .tar, doesn't matter.
    Open an explorer window and navigate to your device (eg I use '\\192.168.1.42' or '\\Beelink' to see my box at that IP with that hostname).
    You should see a bunch of links, one of which is 'Update' - this is a shortcut to the /storage/.update folder on your box. Paste the file you just downloaded into there. Reboot libreelec. Done.

copy update onto update share \\boxip\update from windows and reboot box.. or ssh to box

cd /storage/.update
    wget LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c.img.gz
    sync
    reboot

• I was hoping LE 8.0 might resolve an issue with music file playback on my Beelink M18 and all my other Android boxes. I cannot get LE 8.0 and in the past 7.0 (Kszaq versions) to playback an entire folder of music. If I play the first song inside a file LE will not play the next song. I have checked/unchecked "Play Next Song Automatically", checked and unchecked "Queue songs on selection" and it makes no difference. I have pushed play on the folder - nothing happens in LE 8. If I push enter the folder opens and then whichever song I select plays, but not the next song.
    I use a Logitech K400+, a Rii Mini i8+ and the original remote which does not have a play button - just an OK button. I have tested with all. I connect a hard drive with songs stored on it in folders to either the M18 USB or directly to my laptop which is connected via Ethernet to the box.
    This is pretty frustrating. If anyone can offer some help I would appreciate it.

Solved: I tried something - I use Aeon Nox for my skin. I edited the Aeon Nox main menu/submenu under music, created a link to the USB hard drive via common and then files. This doesn't create a direct link to the hard drive, but creates one to files in the sub menu under music. The link goes to files, then the hard drive and then the files on the hard drive. When I click play on a folder LE now plays the contents of the folder. It works, but...

Edited once, last by doggyofone (February 23, 2017 at 7:32 PM).

• I'm sure you can update via ssh - I've never bothered because doing it via smb is so easy.
    Download the update to your pc - either the img.gz or the .tar, doesn't matter.
    Open an explorer window and navigate to your device (eg I use '\\192.168.1.42' or '\\Beelink' to see my box at that IP with that hostname).
    You should see a bunch of links, one of which is 'Update' - this is a shortcut to the /storage/.update folder on your box. Paste the file you just downloaded into there. Reboot libreelec. Done.

Do I just save the .img.gz download there and reboot and that's it? Can I update from 7.0.3.012i to 8.0.0c ?

TIA

• Do I just save the .img.gz download there and reboot and that's it? Can I update from 7.0.3.012i to 8.0.0c ?

TIA

Yes, yes and yes. And yes.
    If you're jumping from 7 to 8 I'd run a backup first, otherwise you can't easily revert - but that's your call.
    I'd also switch to confluence - if you're not already using it - before updating.

• Hi,

why do not implement update to newest image over Kodi? Actually I am using wget but for most users would be much easier to update over Kodi GUI.

MiniMX:~/.update # wget LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c.img.gz
    Connecting to kszaq.libreelec.tv (163.172.166.199:80)
    LibreELEC-S905.arm-8 100% |********************************************************| 128M 0:00:00 ETA
    MiniMX:~/.update # reboot

• Updated to 8.0.0c (64bit img only, DVB TV add-on's did not have any update since 8.0.0a)
    I like 8.0.0 a lot, but there is one reason I stay with 7.0.3:
    The deRedactie.be video TV streaming add-on, for some reason, works in 7.0.3 but not in 8.0.0
    I'll contact developer of that add-on.
    Thanks kszaq for keeping us all happy.

• How is everyone's GUI smoothness in 8.0.0c? Better or no change than in previous builds?

I can't comment on older builds as I only loaded this yesterday and it runs great on nand

Can you help as I cannot install on my second box? The box (with Robert Downey jr OS) I did the update&backup and loaded the dual boot firmware. Then followed the libreelec instructions and loaded your firmware on my SD Card and used the toothpick and it worked. I then copied to nand and it's great thanks allot

My other MXQ doesn't have his OS and there is no update&backup app so I couldn't load the dual boot firmware.
    Anyway I continued with the toothpick and SD Card but the box keeps showing an error , while the same SD Card works on the other MXQ with toothpick method

I get error failed to mount E SD Card
    Supported API 3

• There's really no need to answer the same question 3rd time... I don't know what is "Robert Downey Jr OS". Please carefully read installation notes and try every method.

• There's really no need to answer the same question 3rd time... I don't know what is "Robert Downey Jr OS". Please carefully read installation notes and try every method.

My apologies for the vagueness of the "Robert Downey Jr" in referring to the MXQ Pro android OS. (Image is here MXQ-Pro-4K-Launcher.jpg?resize=496,468 ). I cannot check what version that was because I've already flashed your firmware to nand on that box
    But that box had the app " update&backup" which I flashed the dual,boot firmware. I am saying I cannot flash the dual boot firmware on this other MXQ but from what I have read it isn't required to have a dual boot, is this correct?
    If so I should just flash the image to SD Card and copy the device tree same as I have already done for the first MXQ Pro box which is working flawlessly. However when I try that I get to the recover screen (not the libreelec logo) and the recovery screen says E: failed to mount mint/external_sd (no such device)
    Now this is the same SD Card and image that works on the first box so that rules out the image or Card as an issue
    I've tried all posted methods of loading this and nothing seems to work
    So I thought maybe someone else has come across this issue but seance I wasn't getting any reps Pro set I thought I'd try you since you might have more feedback regarding this issue

• kszaq

For 64bit LE build, in kodi log, I notice LibreELEC Addons repository URL points to aarch64 which, of course, does not exist.
    Is there an alternative URL location for LE 8.1 aarch64 addons? And how would I instruct to go look there?
    I fear some addons request to install other addons and do not find them.
    Thanks for help

• Now this is the same SD Card and image that works on the first box so that rules out the image or Card as an issue
    I've tried all posted methods of loading this and nothing seems to work
    So I thought maybe someone else has come across this issue but seance I wasn't getting any reps Pro set I thought I'd try you since you might have more feedback regarding this issue

If the second box came with different Android firmware it has probably a different firmware. My bet is that your second box is S905X and not S905.
    [hr]

kszaq

For 64bit LE build, in kodi log, I notice LibreELEC Addons repository URL points to aarch64 which, of course, does not exist.
    Is there an alternative URL location for LE 8.1 aarch64 addons? And how would I instruct to go look there?
    I fear some addons request to install other addons and do not find them.
    Thanks for help

Try replacing addons URL to something like this: options#L129 and use WP2.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 23, 2017 at 9:09 PM).