[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Please report any regressions (previous and known issues are known!) vs 7.95.beta5b.

Regression from 5b (wetek hub): I have no longer the option to use pulseaudio (bluetooth) audio. I can only select amlogic pcm or amlogic hdmi.

Starting bluetooth service and connecting my headset still works, though.

• The default skin (Estuary) doesn't allow such modification. You should try other skins if you want to add categories or learn how to use video nodes in Estuary.
    [hr]

If you can't turn the box on and off with the remote, you probably have the wrong remote.conf file.
    I don't see any problem with leaving the box on all the time. It just needs a reboot now and then to clear the memory.

Thanks for reply ;)
    . On Estuary on my android nand , i can use video node , on libreelec i can't ....
    .My remote work fine , i can turn the box off , but i can't turn it on ....
    .I'll try the new version , and tell if there is some improvement ;)

• Regression from 5b (wetek hub): I have no longer the option to use pulseaudio (bluetooth) audio. I can only select amlogic pcm or amlogic hdmi.

Starting bluetooth service and connecting my headset still works, though.

After restarting the hub, the option appeared. Will test further.

• I'm using a 50Hz Samsung TV connected to Mini M8S II S905x with 7.95.beta6 now. Which settings do I need , to check if fractional frame rates are working correctly or not?

• OP updated with 7.95.beta6 build.

23.976p frame skips seem to be gone.
    I let the video run for about 10 minutes, no skips.
    The same video caused 20+ frame skips within the first few minutes:
    thread-4268.html

Picture quality is still awful. I checked 1080p too now and it definitely looks much worse than in Jarvis.

This time I also had a look at the Spears&Munsil chroma upsampling pattern and the difference between Jarvis and Krypton is very obvious.
    I am not really capable to take a picture of the phenomenon... I tried.

However in Krypton, all the "Low Frequency Zone Plates" look much worse than even Nearest Neighbor, extremely blocky. :exclamation:
    In Jarvis, they look like something between Nearest Neighbor and Bilinear on the upper circles, Bilinear or Bicubic on the lower circles.

Patterns:

Explanations:
    Choosing a Color Space, 2nd Edition | Spears & Munsil

The "High Frequency Diagonal Bursts" are also much worse in Krypton.

Edited once, last by jd17 (February 11, 2017 at 1:29 PM).

• What is best dtb for A95X (s905) 1GB/8GB 100Mb/s? I have very poor network performance (about 1,5 MB/s) while my rPi at the same point works full speed (raspberrys full speed of course ;-).

Edited once, last by Szymon_Zy (February 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM).

• Is your Box is a Nexbox A95x S905 ??
    If it is , That is Normal Behaviour using LE and you have to live with it.

Yes that' s it ;)
    It's the Nexbox A95x S905 1g/8g

I can leave on and only make some reboot..
    [hr]

What is best dtb for A95X (s905) 1GB/8GB 100Mb/s? I have very poor network performance (about 1,5 MB/s) while my rPi at the same point works full speed (raspberrys full speed of course ;-).

I use this one without problem , i play some 1080p stored on my nas without any freeze ...
    gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb

Edited once, last by fbarth (February 11, 2017 at 1:56 PM).

• Minim8s S905 not restarting after reboot again, using update folder method.
    Won't boot android either.
    All the update process was fine, till automatic reboot.
    I wonder what I can do to trace the problem before I use the usb male male method again

• Quick return on the new version , all my test run smoothly , Ac3-Dts etc... on H264 and h265 codec.

Same problem with "edit categories" , doesn't work , so i can't have research by saga for example...
    The only available langage on the skin is english ...

That's all ;)

• The only available langage on the skin is english ...

Unlike other builds (e.g. alex's OpenELEC) or Kodi under Android that came with your TV box, you need to add and download other languages yourself. I had no problem showing Chinese, except for certain skin translation has not been completed. To add other display language, go to:
    Settings -> Interface -> Regional -> Language

• Reflashed internal with old original firmware using male/male usb.
    Then used the same sdcard and it worked (with the reset button method of course)

Very strange that the update process states it does not modify bootloader, but then the box won't start either libreelec nor android after reboot...

• OP updated with 7.95.beta6 build. Full changelog coming soon, in the meanwhile you can browse GitHub for the changes.

Please report any regressions (previous and known issues are known!) vs 7.95.beta5b.

At last! Flawless playback of 23.976 material :) This is the first of all the releases where I haven't seen any frame skips - thanks for getting to the bottom of this kszaq.

However...I've tried passthrough audio on Live TV on beta6 and it doesn't work for me - my receiver still reports it's receiving PCM. I checked the audio options while tuned to a channel broadcasting DD 5.1 and the "Enable passthru" checkbox was enabled. Disabling it (and re-enabling it) made no difference. Not sure if there are any other settings anywhere that need changing but for me it doesn't work.

Debug log at GeFJ

Edited once, last by renzz (February 11, 2017 at 4:15 PM).

• However...I've tried passthrough audio on Live TV on beta6 and it doesn't work for me - my receiver still reports it's receiving PCM. I checked the audio options while tuned to a channel broadcasting DD 5.1 and the "Enable passthru" checkbox was enabled. Disabling it (and re-enabling it) made no difference. Not sure if there are any other settings anywhere that need changing but for me it doesn't work.

Debug log at GeFJ

Passthrough works for me. We have only one channel with DD2.0 audio (none with 5.1, unfortunately) and LE sends DD to my AVR.
    Perhaps the problem appears with DD5.1 only.

I use the latest version of TVHeadend from LE's repo. Here's my log for comparison: DTV_AC3 - Pastebin.com

• Some sound issue with e-ac3 as with enabled e-ac3 pt there is no sound from receiver till it display dolby digital, other way with e-ac3 disabled (without AC3 transcode) there is pcm in perfect 5.1 setup.
    So it can be played but not as expected.