[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• After installing the latest build of kszaq, on a wetek hub, the remote is dead.
    How can I fix?
    For a wetek hub, what is the procedure to do a clean install of nand last buid of Kszaq? It is now installed but are not sure you have done everything right.

You probably did not update your device tree - official LE and Raybuntu's builds use a different driver for IR receiver and therefore device trees are different.
    [hr]

A question from my total ignorance of the architecture....Will there actually be any performance improvement or feature benefit now that aarch64 can be used?

I don't think there will be. And for the moment I will stick to 32-bit userspace because it gives better addon compatibility.

Edited once, last by kszaq (February 7, 2017 at 8:13 PM).

• instructions say " If internal memory of your box is not visible, try a device tree with _nand suffix.". I don't see internal memory in Libreelec system info (just USB system and storage partitions). That means I should use the "nand" one?
    • if so, how I can I revert my box to original state, as I'm not able to make another USB installation with a new dtb.img?
      (right now, with a new fresh USB memory, I get "*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***)

TIA

• You probably did not update your device tree - official LE and Raybuntu's builds use a different driver for IR receiver and therefore device trees are different.
    [hr]

I'm sorry,
    on a wetek hub starting from LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip, what is the procedure to install your 7.95.beta5b?
    I have to give the command "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat" via ssh, and then put in the update folder, only the file LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-7.95.beta5b-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz and restart?
    or I have to also add gxbb_p200_1G_wetek_hub.dtb?

• hi kszaq,
    after a short test period I decided to move to my faster SD card, made the backup with LE backup function, saved the fle to USB, made the new card, started, Krypton loaded, started LE restore, it downloaded the selected tar file for a while, asked for reboot, countdown, went back to setting menu, rebooted and... nothing happened. I've got the same empty system...
    Is there a way to manualy restore the files from the tar?

• hi kszaq,
    after a short test period I decided to move to my faster SD card, made the backup with LE backup function, saved the fle to USB, made the new card, started, Krypton loaded, started LE restore, it downloaded the selected tar file for a while, asked for reboot, countdown, went back to setting menu, rebooted and... nothing happened. I've got the same empty system...

You may need to enable the addons and repositories after restore , go to myaddons and enable it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• hi kszaq,

You can do with ssh...

Backup by run this script (or line by line without #!/bin/bash):

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop service*
    cd /storage/
    tar cfz settings.tar.gz .config .kodi .ssh
    mv settings.tar.gz .update
    sync

then move setting.tar.gz to pc from update share, reboot to new system and copy to same share directory of new system, so you can restore with:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop service*
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi
    sync
    tar xzf /storage/.update/settings.tar.gz -C /storage
    rm /storage/.update/settings.tar.gz
    sync 
    reboot

I hope this helps :)

Paolo

• I'm sorry,
    on a wetek hub starting from LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip, what is the procedure to install your 7.95.beta5b?
    I have to give the command "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat" via ssh, and then put in the update folder, only the file LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-7.95.beta5b-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz and restart?
    or I have to also add gxbb_p200_1G_wetek_hub.dtb?

You have to add a device tree to make the remote control work. If you already upgraded to my build, you can simply do the update process again (even from the same build!) and the device tree will be updated. FYI WeTek Hub works perfectly fine with temperature sensor enabled. :)

• hi kszaq,
    Something went wrong with beta5 and usb dvb:

AVerMedia HD Volar (A867), firmware dvb-usb-af9035-02.fw and frontend Afatech AF9033 (DVB-T)
    and
    ITE 9135 Generic, firmware dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw and frontend Afatech AF9033 (DVB-T)

all two not tuning at all.

• Hi,

I was running a 7.0.3 build until i updated to 7.95beta5 the other day.
    The update didn't go to well for that, as the partition volume names were not what was expected by 7.95, so needed to rename then to get it to boot after the update. 7.0.3 had them, blank for the fat32 and "disk" for the ext volume, whereas 7.95 expects "disk" for the fat32 and "libreelec_disk" for the ext volume.

Since then I have noticed a few problems. Audio passthough doesnt work too well anymore (not that it was great before), it is always on PCM mode and not bitstreaming, set to HDMI out, passthrough enabled and receiver supporting all the formats. It also sometime passes audio that appears to be corrupt (random noise), enabling and disabling either passthrough or stereo down sampling (cant remember the option) in the audio options while the video is playing stops the corrupted sound.
    4k video playback (I know experimental) is slower and buffers more (so could be a driver problem, Ethernet could be performing slower).

If you tell the media sources to be updated and then do a filter on the library, at the point when the scan stops, if you are not in the filter options, the filter will be removed, if you are in the filter options the filter will be removed and then changing the rating slide will cause everything to hang and then after about 1 minute the box will reboot. The library has around 2000 movies in it. I was filtering based on genre and rating, moving the rating slide when the update completed.

TVheadend (external, debian install); when using tvheadend with timeshiifting enabled, if you wish to jump back a few seconds or minutes, the jump amount is extremely random, sometimes a single jump back will go a few minutes other times it will go all the way back to the start of the timeshift.

This is running on a nexbox a95 (s905x) 2GB RAM on a flash card (16GB).

If these are known errors, sorry, didn't find an answer to them, if a debug log is needed for when they happen I can get one generated. Again sorry if this was the wrong thread to post in and that these were known / simple errors to fix, only recently started using kodi / libreelec and TVheadend, used mediaportal before until the PC I used for media died.

• Since then I have noticed a few problems. Audio passthough doesnt work too well anymore (not that it was great before), it is always on PCM mode and not bitstreaming, set to HDMI out, passthrough enabled and receiver supporting all the formats. It also sometime passes audio that appears to be corrupt (random noise), enabling and disabling either passthrough or stereo down sampling (cant remember the option) in the audio options while the video is playing stops the corrupted sound.

You need to switch off 'sync playback to display' when using passthrough.

• hi kszaq,
    Something went wrong with beta5 and usb dvb:

AVerMedia HD Volar (A867), firmware dvb-usb-af9035-02.fw and frontend Afatech AF9033 (DVB-T)
    and
    ITE 9135 Generic, firmware dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw and frontend Afatech AF9033 (DVB-T)

all two not tuning at all.

There is a bug in beta5 regarding dvb tuners, update to beta5b. I have the same tuner (avermedia a867) and with beta5b works fine.

• You can do with ssh...

Backup by run this script (or line by line without #!/bin/bash):

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop service*
    cd /storage/
    tar cfz settings.tar.gz .config .kodi .ssh
    mv settings.tar.gz .update
    sync

then move setting.tar.gz to pc from update share, reboot to new system and copy to same share directory of new system, so you can restore with:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop service*
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi
    sync
    tar xzf /storage/.update/settings.tar.gz -C /storage
    rm /storage/.update/settings.tar.gz
    sync 
    reboot

I hope this helps :)

Paolo

thanks for the manual-workaround. I took a look inside the saved tar image (which is made by beta5 version and found everything is in it. So the backup function works in beta5 but the restore function doesn't work in beta5b.
    Tonight I will resinstal beta5b and try again the restore function and the manual-workaround too.

• You have to add a device tree to make the remote control work. If you already upgraded to my build, you can simply do the update process again (even from the same build!) and the device tree will be updated. FYI WeTek Hub works perfectly fine with temperature sensor enabled. :)

i do not need to give the command "touch / storage / .update / .nocompat, after installing LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.90.010.zip to go from 64 to 32 bits? and then put your build and dtb.img file in the update folder to update? sorry if I get lost

Edited once, last by dibotto (February 8, 2017 at 1:33 PM).

• You need to switch off 'sync playback to display' when using passthrough.

That worked, now have the same problem as with 7.0.3 with audio, DTS-HD MA audio is dead, nothing passes through when a movie is started until I go and disable and re-enable passthrough while the movie is playing, then it plays audio.

Also with the 4k playback, the video playback appears to play slowly, audio is correct, but the video is at around 1/4 speed unlike in 7.0.3, how it was when I moved to kodi 17 on android (before trying these builds) where hardware acceleration was no longer supported. Hardware acceleration is supported in these builds aren't they as its linux, which development for amlogic is still continuing? I will check this video on 7.0.3 build to see if it is the same to be sure, other 4k videos play, but stutter unlike in 7.0.3 (as said in the original post).