Posts by spoony100

I had exactly the same problems so went back to Jarvis. I believe the first issue is because of the re-write of the video player within kodi, the second one may be amlogic specific (since I changed from an Intel GPU system to the Amlogic system the upscaling has always looked worse on both jarvis and krypton for me), and the third may also be down to the re-write.

Since then I have noticed a few problems. Audio passthough doesnt work too well anymore (not that it was great before), it is always on PCM mode and not bitstreaming, set to HDMI out, passthrough enabled and receiver supporting all the formats. It also sometime passes audio that appears to be corrupt (random noise), enabling and disabling either passthrough or stereo down sampling (cant remember the option) in the audio options while the video is playing stops the corrupted sound.

You need to switch off 'sync playback to display' when using passthrough.

Having done a few tests I think you are correct, it no longer seems to be making any changes to the audio delay.

I initially tested my audio sync with no passthrough using a few audio sync videos ripped from youtube. I used a global delay of 85ms because depending on the audio used some of my non 24p videos were out of sync and some weren't, so that was the compromise I found. I have always had an audio sync problem with 24p content on kodi and before that xbmc (as does many people if you search the kodi forums).

When using passthrough I had to add a further 125ms delay on my AV Receiver (Denon AVR-X520BT) to keep it in sync.

The advanced settings file works fine for me in this build.

P.S. If you used the audio delay slider within kodi to find out the delay needed on a video, don't forget to set it back to zero ;)

After a longer use, I noticed that I have audio sync issues. Not major and they can be fixed from the Audio Offset option, but annoying nonetheless.

S905 Mini M8S connected to a Yamaha AVR.

The Sync function in Playback is enabled. So are the DTS Passthrough and refresh rate change.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I use a 200ms delay for 23.976 videos and an 85ms delay for all others set in advancedsettings.xml

Upgraded to this version on nexbox (s905x, 2gb, 16gb) to internal and working great. I had to use advancedsettings.xml to fix some audio sync issues (85ms delay globally and 200ms delay for 23.976), but apart from that it's all good!

Thanks for all your work kszaq!