[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• I think the support for USB DVB-T dongles with Realtek RTL2832 chip is still broken. Is there a possibility to make it work in the near future?
    I'm stuck at version 7.0.2.2 and I've tested al the newer versions without a hit. Maybe I'm missing something?

• I have a MXQ S85 and i've just updated from 7.0.2.5 to 7.0.2.7 and i noticed that now i get a dummy MAC address like 00:01:02 etc and not the original one: what could it be? Thanks

I suppose your bootloader adds that MAC address to kernel command line, doesn't it?
    [hr]

I think the support for USB DVB-T dongles with Realtek RTL2832 chip is still broken. Is there a possibility to make it work in the near future?
    I'm stuck at version 7.0.2.2 and I've tested al the newer versions without a hit. Maybe I'm missing something?

Sorry, I don't have RTL2832 device to test with. The issue is that the driver from media_build does not work and I don't think it's possible to include both media_build and regular drivers but I will check.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 9, 2016 at 10:12 PM).

• @kostaman @kszaq

I mentioned a while back that even when the box is idling on the file manager page it seems to run pretty hot, 67 degrees. I've also noticed over the months, and tonight, that if left on the video thumbnail page it can run as hot as 77 degrees! Strange seeing nothing much is happening apart from some scrolling text. Runs in the 50's when playing video.

I'm just curious what causes this and if it can be mitigated in some way? :s Because I've been aware of this for quite a while I try and always leave my box on the main screen but often forget.

New build seems fine although have been busy so haven't used it much. :cool:

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (November 9, 2016 at 11:28 PM).

• I suppose your bootloader adds that MAC address to kernel command line, doesn't it?

Well this is what i get

Code
    [0.000000@0] Kernel command line: init=/init console=ttyS0,115200n8 no_console_suspend storage=2 cvbsdrv=0 vdaccfg=0xa000 logo=osd1,loaded,0x7900000,1080p,full hdmimode=1080p cvbsmode=576cvbs androidboot.firstboot=0 hdmitx=cecf console=tty0 consoleblank=0 usbcore.autosuspend=-1 systemd.show_status=auto

Current:

Code
    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:01:23:XX:XX:XX

and from fw_printenv:

Code
    ethaddr=00:15:18:XX:XX:XX

before update:

Code
    06:25:29:XX:XX:XX

Honesty this is not a problem (at least for me) because i 've only this device with this problem: so don't spend useful time, i just wanted to point out this :) As always thanks Kszaq

• Sorry, I don't have RTL2832 device to test with. The issue is that the driver from media_build does not work and I don't think it's possible to include both media_build and regular drivers but I will check.

OK. No problem. If you have time to make a development build, I could test it.
    A good news: I've tested the same dongle (RTL2832) on a S905 box with your latest LE build and it works perfect.

• I am presently on 7.0.2.4 on a G-Streamer MXQ box. All works well except the remote. Can I update to 7.0.2.7 using the update tar file straight or do I have to update in increments ie 5 then 6 then 7.
    Many thanks for the build it has speeded my box up enormously.

• You can update and downgrade between build with the same prefix, i.e. 7.0.2.x freely.

This means that you can both:

• update from 7.0.2.4 straight to 7.0.2.7
    • downgrade from 7.0.2.7 to 7.0.2.4 the same way you update, without wiping your data

• You can update and downgrade between build with the same prefix, i.e. 7.0.2.x freely.

• downgrade from 7.0.2.7 to 7.0.2.4 the same way you update, without wiping your data

Thank you for clarifying that. Also many thanks for the quick reply. :cool:
    [hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]
    It has updated to 7.0.2.7 However I still have no remote control and I havent got the android software to get the "remote.conf" file. Does anyone have a copy they could let me have or supply a link. Thanks for all your help.

Edited once, last by cardo (November 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM).

• It has updated to 7.0.2.7 However I still have no remote control and I havent got the android software to get the "remote.conf" file. Does anyone have a copy they could let me have or supply a link. Thanks for all your help.

Try this one. Unzip and put the remote.conf file in config folder and reboot.

remote.conf.zip

• Cheers I will try this. Many thanks!
    Kostaman you rock! My remote is working again. Wonderful.
    Great community here. Thank you both for replying so quickly.

Edited once, last by cardo (November 11, 2016 at 11:25 PM).

• There doesn't look to have been any builds for the MK808B Plus since 7.0.2.5? Any reason? Cheers.

Also my MK808B Plus is just booting to recovery rather than into LE? I loaded the image correctly and can see the expected files.

I've tried two different micro SD cards now and just boot into recovery every time, any help? Also tried the Libreelec sd burner and win32diskimager, still no joy.

Edited once, last by michael123 (November 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM).

• michael123 For MK808B+ you should use MXQ image, it works well - tested on my MK808B+.

Great thanks, the MXQ image has worked perfectly first time, I'm not sure if maybe the MK808B+ 7.0.2.5 image is corrupt or something because I tried 10+ times with that and nothing, anyway all sorted thanks!

I've just testing LibreElec on my MK808B+ before I buy a few new S905X based boxes, looking good so far!

This is awesome, it plays DVD's off my usb dvd drive! Brill.

Do you have a donation link?

Edited once, last by michael123 (November 12, 2016 at 8:23 PM).

I'd like to say thank you so much for your hard work kszaq, now I can watch my videos without the annoying Android wasting all the device memory. Is there a way to play any emulator(like Retroarch) in this build? I can't get my PS3 controller to work by wire(My device hasn't bluetooth support unfortunately). I'm using the build LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.2.7(working good) on a generic MXQ S805. Thanks in advance :)

Edited once, last by cr3d1n84 (November 16, 2016 at 5:30 PM).

• I'd like to say thank you so much for your hard work kszaq, now I can watch my videos without the annoying Android wasting all the device memory. Is there a way to play any emulator(like Retroarch) in this build? I can't get my PS3 controller to work by wire(My device hasn't bluetooth support unfortunately). I'm using the build LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.2.7(working good) on a generic MXQ S805. Thanks in advance :)

Yes, there is a solution to run retoarch on S805 and S905(X) based devices. More details here and the latest version of the addons here

Your wired PS3 controller will probably work out of the box with Retroarch (not while in Kodi, but when you launch retroarch). You can find a lot of tips and post questions on the thread I mentioned above.

• Yes, there is a solution to run retoarch on S805 and S905(X) based devices. More details here and the latest version of the addons here

Your wired PS3 controller will probably work out of the box with Retroarch (not while in Kodi, but when you launch retroarch). You can find a lot of tips and post questions on the thread I mentioned above.

Thanks for answering me, I"ll take a look at the mentioned threads. You guys rock :D