[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• This is an unofficial LibreELEC build aimed at devices based on Amlogic S805 SoC.

Kodi Jarvis is now obsolete, these builds are no longer updated (apart from security updates).

Important notes:

• This software exists thanks to lots of hard work put into porting OpenELEC to Amlogic devices by Codesnake.
    • These are community supported builds so please post all bugs/issues in this forum area only.
    • For any non-personal use you should refer to Kodi Trademark Policy. Please also follow these guidelines for LibreELEC branding.
    • I created this build for myself and work on it in my free time. I also don't know a lot of things so please be kind and patient if you encounter any bugs.

Reporting bugs:

LibreELEC

Supported devices:

• MK808B Plus
    • Beelink MXQ - with red "MX" stripe on top, Nexteon motherboard

The builds are also reported to work on: all-black MXQ, OTT MXQ and possibly other S805-based devices. You should first try running LE from an SD card to see if it works for you.

Odroid-C1(+) is not supported, please use Wrxtasy's builds.

Known issues:

• V3_1 board cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button (u-boot bug)

• you can now work this around by adding echo Y > /sys/power/wake_lock to autostart.sh - this would make your box not suspend and only turn off HDMI signal instead
      • you should note that with wake_lock enabled, your device is working all the time - e.g. pressing a keyboard button results in key press in Kodi that you cannot see!
    • 29.97 progressive videos may stutter
    • sometimes CEC may not work
    • power LED on not officially supported boxes may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)
    • no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output (hardware limitation)
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all
    • no support for built-in DVB tuners and front LCD/segment displays

Unknown issues likely present.

How to install:

Before installing, make sure that you have a fully-functional Android firmware on your box. Most of all make sure that powering on by remote control works in Android.

SD card:

• Download img.gz file from SD release folder.
    • Unpack image to you hard drive and burn it to SD card. You can read how to do it here: Installation - LibreELEC
      As a result, you should have 3 files on your SD card: aml_autoscript, KERNEL.IMG and SYSTEM.
    • To boot the system for the first time you have to use "toothpick" method. You have to do this only once. You should repeat only this step if booting from SD fails after Android reconfiguration/update. Don't worry, it won't delete your data.

Internal memory:
    Run from SD card/USB drive first. If it runs fine, connect to your box over SSH, execute installtointernal command and follow on-screen instructions. This command wipes SYSTEM and DATA partition!

Updating:
    For both NAND and SD card installations, download img.gz file from SD or Update folder and follow instructions from here: HOW TO:Update LibreELEC - LibreELEC

FAQ

LibreELEC FAQ - LibreELEC
    LibreELEC

Q: Which build should I use?
    A: For MK808B+ and red-stripe MXQ use MXQ build. For other boxes, you have to experiment with HD18Q/MXQ/m201d builds. m201d build is aimed at boards with 512MB of RAM.

Q: Can I migrate from your OpenELEC build to LibreELEC?
    A: In most cases you should be able to safely migrate from OpenELEC to LibreELEC without resetting to factory settings. Make a backup just in case.

Q: What about the other way round?
    A: Not guaranteed to work.

Q: My WiFi/SPDIF doesn't work. I would like to replace device tree to fix that.
    A: Index of /s805/utils/bootimg_tools/

Q: I tried to flash LE to NAND and I'm getting "invalid signature error". What should I do?
    A: You can use TWRP to flash LibreELEC to internal memory or you can download recovery.img from here and place it on your SD card with other files unzipped from NAND release - after this use toothpick method to install.

Q: My remote control does not work, what can I do?
    A: Grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config over SSH or \\your_box_IP\Configuration using Windows shares. You may need to remap some buttons.

Q: Can I have LibreELEC installed on both NAND and SD card?
    A: Yes.

Q: What ROM can I have installed on NAND?
    A: Any that works for you.

Q: I have LibreELEC running from NAND, I want to have Android from NAND and LibreELEC from SD card. How can I do that?
    A: Backup LibreELEC settings. Copy backup to external storage. Install Android (your seller should provide you a link). Install LibreELEC to SD card. Restore backup.

Q: Can I run Android from SD card? Can you make that possible?
    A: Not possible at the moment.

Q: Toothpick method doesn't take me to recovery any more, what can I do?
    A: Connect over SSH and issue a reboot recovery command. In Android, you can either use Terminal Emulator if you're rooted or connect over ADB and use adb reboot recovery command. In rare situations you may have to re-flash bootloader using Amlogic's USB Burning Tool.

Q: After upgrading from your earlier OE builds, CEC buttons functionality has changed. How can I fix it?
    A: The new behaviour is default for Kodi. You can bring back the old one using Index of /s805/utils/old_cec_keymap_for_new_driver/ You can also download Keymap Editor from Kodi official addon repository and remap buttons to your liking.

Tips & tricks:

• if you lost your original aml_autoscript file or want to use it with previous releases, it's available at: Index of /s805/utils/boot_from_sd_uenv/
    • if your box doesn't detect 50 and 24Hz refresh rates, you can use a workaround: Index of /s805/utils/disp_cap_hack/
    • some boxes are able to wakeup over CEC, to change this setting login over SSH and enter:

• fw_setenv cecconfig cec0 to turn off CEC wakeup
      • fw_setenv cecconfig cecf to enable CEC wakeup
      • this setting affects Android CEC setting!

Releases

2017-05-28: 7.0.3.3d
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.3.3d
    Downloads: Index of /s805/7.0.3.3/

Older builds

2017-02-19: 7.0.3.3c
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.3.3c

2017-02-15: 7.0.3.3b
    Release post: LibreELEC
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.3.3b

2017-01-06: 7.0.3.3a
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.3.3a
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at f622be35ebe472958ba528c6e56730886aa4271c

2016-12-18: 7.0.3.2
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.3.2
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at fb5b898eaf50ddec640493b7464fc18755c952f5
    Downloads: 7.0.3.2

2016-12-09: 7.0.3.1
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.3.1
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 263a24f2e8e17cdd527e5c4aa462240d5e156edb
    Downloads: 7.0.3.1

2016-11-06: 7.0.2.7
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.7
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 263a24f2e8e17cdd527e5c4aa462240d5e156edb
    Downloads: 7.0.2.7

2016-10-13: 7.0.2.6 No NAND installation files for this release (broken) - use an earlier build to install to NAND
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.6
    Downloads: 7.0.2.6

2016-08-20: 7.0.2.5 No NAND installation files for this release (broken) - use an earlier build to install to NAND
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.5
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at b09c8547cee45dabbf72abd2e4756f1e828f2d26
    Downloads: 7.0.2.5

2016-07-18: 7.0.2.4
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.4
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at b09c8547cee45dabbf72abd2e4756f1e828f2d26
    Downloads: 7.0.2.4

2016-07-12: 7.0.2.3
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.3
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 058e38b2155cb821ebafff646ea3c588f7047a1f
    Downloads: 7.0.2.3

2016-07-06: 7.0.2.2
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.2
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 058e38b2155cb821ebafff646ea3c588f7047a1f
    Downloads: 7.0.2.2

2016-07-04: 7.0.2.1
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.2.1
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 5df008ce20ecc3765f0bcc976ae093ca63e243d7
    Downloads: 7.0.2.1

2016-06-06: 7.0.1.4
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.1.4
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 543ae83721371ddb0c3ad73fa623cbec1ef75541
    Downloads: 7.0.1.4

2016-06-03: 7.0.1.3
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.1.3
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 83ba060604f906f6a642b48b68e76dfd13e569a1
    Downloads: 7.0.1.3

2016-05-25: 7.0.1.2
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.1.2
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 9d4e0146bc762074d6e518d8a9331f1c0c739b8d
    Downloads: 7.0.1.2

2016-05-19: 7.0.1.1
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.1.1
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 9bf155dcbbabb20d226080a96fe88c708a972d09
    Downloads: 7.0.1.1

2016-05-09: 7.0.0.2
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.0.2
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at bd872fa62860bbdae695fdac148c62c23283101b
    Downloads: 7.0.0.2

2016-04-27: 7.0.0.1
    Initial LibreELEC build. You can view development history at GitHub - kszaq/OpenELEC.tv: Port of the OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes
    Source code: GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 7.0.0.1
    Kernel source code: GitHub - kszaq/linux at 4e597d35089f8b868d528b4c99508b82bd6906e2
    Downloads: 7.0.0.1

Thank you's:

• Codesnake for making OE/LE on Amlogic possible
    • Gerald Dachs for the libCEC-compatible CEC driver
    • Noosk @ freaktab for providing boxes to debug the builds

Edited 4 times, last by kszaq (May 31, 2017 at 11:38 AM).

• Thanx K, will try tomorrow.

Couldn't wait! Seems fine/great. I'll report any bugs if they arise.

@ALL Remember to set your signature to your current build with board number and any other relavent details. Lets make K's life as easy as possible!

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (May 4, 2016 at 4:03 PM).

• Used Update method to migrate from OpenElec. Worked perfect.
    Red button on remote SUSPENDS
    Lost Clean Power Off from power menu. It suspends instead of power off.
    CEC error initialising notification after suspend.
    Choosing reboot from power menu brings back CEC which then works.

Behaviour OpenElec 6.95.2.2 Prior to Libreelec:

I have a working CEC with no errors and perfect behaviour when i first power on.
    No problems when i power off with red button on remote.
    No problem when i use the power off menu with remote.
    No problem when i use reboot from power menu on remote.
    Using SUSPEND from power menu Causes the CEC error notification and powering off with the red button on remote does not fix
    the CEC . No error after this but no response using tv remote. The only way to bring it back is Reboot from Power Menu.
    If i use the Power menu to suspend it causes the CEC error. Using the red remote button does not cause the error notification.
    After the CEC error if use the red power button power off and power back on the error does not show but CEC is inactive.
    Reboot fixes it.

Edited once, last by kostaman (April 28, 2016 at 12:54 AM).

• Can't wait to try this on my mk808 but heard someone is suck in a boot loop after flashing it so going to wait a little

It's working great from NAND :)

Thanks Kszaq! This new build is faster than OE. Everything is working as expected...perfectly...Im using your latest Retroarch build and all cores are loading properly. The kodi interface seems snappier.

• kszaq
    All Black MXQ Running Board uknown Updated from openelec to LibreELEC-S805.HD18Q.arm-7.0.0.1

Please note i am just advising on the above box which is not the box in my signature below.
    I can say that this box also successfully UPDATED from openelec without a fresh install.

The CEC randomly works after Suspend. It will either work or not work BUT WILL NOT THROW AN ERROR notification
    like the MXQ.arm 7.0.0.1 Nand version.

It does however seem to lose connection for reasons uknown to me.
    When it lost connection i went into the CEC settings WITHOUT TOUCHING ANY SETTINGS i just clicked OK at the bottom of the Menu
    and CEC came back alive.
    It seems like it falls asleep.
    Note: I just did a restore from previous backup using a backup taken from my other All Black MXQ Running MXQ.arm 7.0.0.1 Nand
    The CEC Driver changed after the restore and now throws errors on this box as well.

Edited once, last by kostaman (April 28, 2016 at 10:46 AM).

• The OE MXQ.arm-6.95.2.3 currently has the edge for me, not sure why perhaps it's my imagination! Will switch between LE and the latest OE, I have two boxes, and see if I notice anything. Perhaps OE runs slightly cooler hard to tell. I also think that both versions have a snappier GUI Generally both builds are a leap forward.

• It's working great from NAND :)

Thanks Kszaq! This new build is faster than OE. Everything is working as expected...perfectly...Im using your latest Retroarch build and all cores are loading properly. The kodi interface seems snappier.

Good to here updating mine now as we speak

• Did an update to this from OE on Mxq red tick. No problem at all with it.

First impressions are good although I can't say I've noticed a difference. Thanks again kszaq, I look forward to seeing the things that you do on this platform.

• Hello everbody.
    First of all, amazing work ksazq thank you very much.
    I have just moved from OpeneELEC 6.95.1.3. to LibreELEC 7.0.0.1. on my MK808B+ stick. Everything is fine except the CEC functionality on my SAMSUNG LED TV 40H6410.
    To be precise back button doesn't work anymore and it shows some other shortcut in KODI. Also other buttons (RED, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW) on my TV remote are behaving strangely!
    This strange behaviour is also present when I upgrade OpenELEC to latest build 6.95.2.3. so i was at lower build of OpenELEC where TV remote is working.
    if anyone has any idea feel free to comment.

• You just need to downoad the keymap editor program addon and re-program those buttons. It is available from Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki

• LibreFAN The different buttons behaviour is default for Kodi. You can easily get back the old mapping using s805.eu - Informationen zum Thema s805. I'll add it to the FAQ since a lot of people ask about this.

Thanks ksazq.
    I tried your fix, and return key on my remote is now bringing me back through menus, but in fullscreen video playback when I press return I get codec info?! Before with old version of openELEC and old CEC driver when I press return on my remote the video playback stops. This was default settings, this button I have not changed with keymap editor. Some other buttons I have chnaged in the past, such red button - show codec, yellow - info...

I guess I'll have to rearange keymaps so the remote will be completely functional as before, with this new CEC driver.
    One question though: Is it possible to map one key for multiple actions. For example if I want to map RETURN key to BACK in General/Navigation - that works fine, but if I set RETURN key to STOP in General/Playback then BACK action will not work in menus when I press RETURN on my remote. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Edited once, last by LibreFAN (April 29, 2016 at 5:20 AM).

• MXQ can run on a usb stick? if so, how to make a bootable usb flash drive?

Not possible at the moment.

Thanks ksazq.
    I tried your fix, and return key on my remote is now bringing me back through menus, but in fullscreen video playback when I press return I get codec info?! Before with old version of openELEC and old CEC driver when I press return on my remote the video playback stops. This was default settings, this button I have not changed with keymap editor. Some other buttons I have chnaged in the past, such red button - show codec, yellow - info...

I guess I'll have to rearange keymaps so the remote will be completely functional as before, with this new CEC driver.
    One question though: Is it possible to map one key for multiple actions. For example if I want to map RETURN key to BACK in General/Navigation - that works fine, but if I set RETURN key to STOP in General/Playback then BACK action will not work in menus when I press RETURN on my remote. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

I think yes, you can: you need to add <FullScreenVideo> section in remote.xml and map title button there - I believe that this is how Samsung's Return button is mapped. There is a thorough guide here: HOW-TO:Modify keymaps - Official Kodi Wiki