[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Just in case anyone doubts the "every all-black MXQ is different" mantra:

I bought three, all from the same ebay seller. All have different boards inside.

H2a11CBjnyqGbd4v7

The first two work great with the HD18Q build, haven't tried the third one yet.

• Been searching high and low with not a lot of luck. Is there a generic LCD.conf used for android boxes with LibreElec, I Have a T8 Plus, World TiVi s805 like an mxq, and an M10 all with displays, I can not get any to work. Any advice would be great.

Thank you

• Been searching high and low with not a lot of luck. Is there a generic LCD.conf used for android boxes with LibreElec, I Have a T8 Plus, World TiVi s805 like an mxq, and an M10 all with displays, I can not get any to work. Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Duplicating the same issue in this forum again and again is not going to solve it for you. #394
    Your boxes have LCD displays which are activated via the code written in your Chinese Android Firmware.
    What makes the Displays work will be governed by the Firmware. You have 3 different boxes and dont think the Android Firmware
    will be the same for all of them.
    We have had enough trouble with the Blue Light / Red light (all black MXQ's)coming on staying on etc due to different boards, U-Boot , Device Tree on Factory Android Firmware.
    You may just have to live with it.
    My advice is dont touch anything with LCD screens unless you can deal with Linux Builds not showing Displays properly.
    Good luck with it.

Edited once, last by kostaman (July 1, 2016 at 4:20 AM).

• Thanks for the reply, I was not being rude asking for help, thanks for showing what post number I posted before, that helps. I was asking for advice from anyone that knew anything about lcd, in my original post I did not ask for possibly a generic lcd.conf I was not sure if anyone had a working LCD.conf for any sort of android box I could look at. Ill look into the Android firmware again as I did before asking to see if I missed anything. Once I figure it out I will post in so it can help others. Just like I posted all my custom roms over at MBox forums.... Thanks again for the help

• Thanks for the reply, I was not being rude asking for help, thanks for showing what post number I posted before, that helps. I was asking for advice from anyone that knew anything about lcd, in my original post I did not ask for possibly a generic lcd.conf I was not sure if anyone had a working LCD.conf for any sort of android box I could look at. Ill look into the Android firmware again as I did before asking to see if I missed anything. Once I figure it out I will post in so it can help others. Just like I posted all my custom roms over at MBox forums.... Thanks again for the help

Not a problem. Sorry if i sounded a bit hard. It is just that the s805 chip is ending up in so many casings , boards and now with LED screens versions it is another variable to get working that is frankly not worth spending time on.
    "Development Time" spent on getting the box stable and quality playback is what what it's all about.
    You might want to head over to the MXQ s805 clone forum where most of us have come from to see what we have been through.
    Link: MXQ "All Black" S805 Versions / HD18q / and Clones Directory - FreakTab.com

• I do understand the frustration, I know how many clones I personally encountered with MXq boxes and its rediculas. I really have not seen anyone get an Android box LCD to work, that is why I wondered if anyone had on anthing. I know its a ton of work and I would never actually expect it or even ask the developers to do it. If anyone ever gets any displays working let me know. I know one person that got it all working on the M10 but will not share as he is in sales - *** URL Removed *** he has it all working on Openelec but would not share the info, I thought about just buying another box to figure it all out for the community, that is the last resort I guess as I already have a wack load of boxes. Thank you again

Edited once, last by chewitt (July 1, 2016 at 5:08 PM).

• box sellers like that completely ruin good things like this. kszaq has been unbelievable to his followers and honestly hope he never goes away. I'm at the point I just enjoy reading how well he help people out.

Honestly a big thank you to you kszaq

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

• I do understand the frustration, I know how many clones I personally encountered with MXq boxes and its rediculas. I really have not seen anyone get an Android box LCD to work, that is why I wondered if anyone had on anthing. I know its a ton of work and I would never actually expect it or even ask the developers to do it. If anyone ever gets any displays working let me know. I know one person that got it all working on the M10 but will not share as he is in sales - *** URL Removed *** he has it all working on Openelec but would not share the info, I thought about just buying another box to figure it all out for the community, that is the last resort I guess as I already have a wack load of boxes. Thank you again

Try below links from people who know lcd control and they are opensource people.
    I cant help you with this but do let everyone know how you went.
    Good luck.

Kodi4Smartie - LCD Smartie DLL for Kodi - Home
    LCD Smartie - A free open-source LCD program!

• Try below links from people who know lcd control and they are opensource people.
    I cant help you with this but do let everyone know how you went.
    Good luck.

Kodi4Smartie - LCD Smartie DLL for Kodi - Home
    LCD Smartie - A free open-source LCD program!

Thank you very much, will take a look. Its a tough thing on these boxes since all are different it seems. Thank you again. I will post regardless so people know. Thanks for your time

• New release:
    7.0.2.1 7.0.2.1

Commits from 7.0.1.4 to 7.0.2.1: Comparing 7.0.1.4...7.0.2.1 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.1.4 to 7.0.2.1: Comparing 543ae83...5df008c · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• LibreELEC 7.0.2
    • compiled with Thumb-2 instructions support for better performance and optimized memory consumption (thanks to Stefan Saraev)
    • Kodi patches:

• set default audio output to HDMI
      • set default settings level to "Expert"
      • removed GLES HQ scalers that were too heavy for S805 devices
      • reverted dirty regions and local buffering changes in XMLs
      • added support for KEY_WAKEUP and KEY_SLEEP keycodes
      • added experimental 3D support
    • cleaned up kernel config a little
    • added a script to automatically remap buttons in custom remote.conf for easier custom config file import
    • stripped kernel modules for smaller initramfs size
    • fixed Hardware Random Number Generator daemon
    • fixed device tree entry for internal NAND (MXQ and MK808B+)
    • fixed MAC address reading from u-boot and eFuse
    • switched back to ondemand CPU governor
    • removed unnecessary Realtek driver to fix kernel Oopses
    • re-enabled Wake Lock support

Known issues:

• V3_1 board cannot wake up from suspend/power off by pressing remote power button (u-boot bug)

• you can now work this around by adding echo Y > /sys/power/wake_lock to autostart.sh - this would make your box not suspend and only turn off HDMI signal instead
      • you should note that with wake_lock enabled, your device is working all the time - e.g. pressing a keyboard button results in key press in Kodi that you cannot see!
    • 29.97 progressive videos may stutter
    • power LED on not officially supported boxes may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)
    • no HD-Audio passthrough and multichannel audio output
    • DVB support is experimental, some USB DVB tuners don't work at all

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 4, 2016 at 1:00 AM).

• Sounds good !
    Just waiting for the upload to complete, so I can get at the new toys

EDIT:
    Excellent work again kszaq! Thank you

you should note that with wake_lock enabled, your device is working all the time - e.g. pressing a keyboard button results in key press in Kodi that you cannot see!

That is the case with attached keyboards but, at least with my v3_1 boards, RC Key presses made while the screen is blank, seem to be ignored (which is good news if, as in my case, the boxes are predominantly controlled with remotes)

On the downside, at least using the update method, these new builds cause my v2.0 box to adopt a new random MAC address each boot. I'll check if the full install makes any difference . . . same

Edited once, last by Poida (July 4, 2016 at 5:09 AM).

• On the downside, at least using the update method, these new builds cause my v2.0 box to adopt a new random MAC address each boot. I'll check if the full install makes any difference . . . same

Thank you for reporting. I am re-building 7.0.2.1 to fix this. Please check the download site in 2-3 hours and re-download.

• kszaq Which images have been re-built. I see no difference (result wise, they are different sizes) in any re-downloaded from the update folder. I'll try the SD method

Edited once, last by Poida (July 4, 2016 at 9:50 AM).

• kszaq Which images have been re-built. I see no difference (result wise, they are different sizes) in any re-downloaded from the update folder. I'll try the SD method

I have re-built entire 7.0.2.1 release. File names are the same. You can update using tar files, there is no need for a clean install.