Posts by sammaz

You can use Kszaq's other CEC driver daemon. I have been using it for months with out any drop-outs. It even works to play games in Retroarch!

Unfortunately WiFi antennas on all Chinese boxes are hit and miss. I have 2 identical boxes, on one of them network works well, the other one has the same symptoms as yours.

I have been running 24\7 in performance mode (1.5Ghz) for 2 months now by using heatsinks and a small 40mm fan attached. I have noticed that alot of these issues disappear when you turn off thermal throttling. My streams from local or net are solid for days...Usualy stop when my router resets ect.

Transferring large files to SD card via local network = 7Mbps solid

I think that the jumps in performance of the entire chipset have a detrimental effect on wifi in many cases.

Did anybody successfully get the scummvm core to work? I didn't find anything about scummvm in this thread or on bite_your_idols' github repository.

Here's where I'm stuck:
    I started the RetroArch frontend, installed/updated the scummvm core (obviously wasn't installed by default) and tried to start it. The result is a black screen, followed by Kodi restarting...

I just recently installed LibreElec 8 (Alpha 3) and GameStarter Addon 2.1.0 (the LE8 thing). Am I just experiencing those "segmentation fault" problem that were mentioned in some of the last posts? How can I check?

Anyway, might as well read this post as a "scummvm request".

Keep up the good work!

I read somewhere that scummvm is only working on x86 PC right now.

Thanks for this, works great on my all black mxq (HD180 build) no isses exept, power light and I can't run retroarch.

Is there an alternitive guide for your retroarch build?

This link is down

Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ - FreakTab.com

Thanks again.

any logs? That would help with the Retroarch plugin...I have the latest 1.3.6 Retroarch running great on the latest Libreelec...It must be a hardware issue?

chmod +x /storage/.config/*

Your .start and .sh files lack the proper permissions if they are not loading from Kodi.

I've done this thanks. CEC still stops functioning not long after startup. Unless I did something wrong.

That means your TV's implementation of CEC is not 100% up to spec. Look to see if there is a firmware update for your TV. Other than that you will have to wait for a fix for the Amlogic kernel...(Not going to happen )

Just a clean install of the latest LibreELEC. I noticed he's been working a lot on the CEC implementation, now we can change settings related to it in input devices. I guess since then it hasn't worked properly (here anyway). I was content on Helix for a while.
    How do you go about using Kszqa's LibCEC Daemon?

1. Install the new addon (tools.libcec-daemon-7.0.2.zip)

2. Put this line in autostart.sh :

Code
    (
    libcec-daemon;
    ) &

3. Turn "off" the CEC control in System\Peripherals

4. Reboot

I've had the same problem with CEC, hasn't worked since helix. I can hard reset the MXQ and CEC will work for a minute or two then stop. I have a LG screen so I wonder if it's issues with the MXQ and simplink implementation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried Kszqa's LibCEC Daemon? It never shuts off...I have seen CEC use uptimes of a week with it.

I can't seem to get a good connection with my home 2.4ghz or 5ghz networks using Edimax EW-7811UTC AC600 on 7.0.2. I am convinced it's a driver issue since I have no problems on Openelec 6.0.3.

Where should I start looking for a solution?

I am using one on my MK808b plus and it is great! running latest libreelec 7.0.2.3 from kszaq

Check out the wifi fixed he has implemented and I think you will find a fix somewhere in there.

I get 5-6 Mbps constant from pc->Libreelec samba transfers using it.

You can try this (at your own risk!):

Code
    echo disabled > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/mode
    echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Perfect. It really helps with micro-stutter that I was seeing durring cpufreq transitions. Even when scaling between 1.25 and 1.5Ghz you could tell when it makes the transition. With these "ludicrous" settings I am getting smooth 1.5Ghz and 60degrees C after 8 hours...so I think I will leave it.

How can I put these 2 lines into my autostart.sh? What should the syntax be?

Thanks so much!

Kszaq can you make a "ludicrous" build where you remove the thermal profiles and go full 1.5Ghz without throttle? I want to test something...I have an extra stick that I put some heatsinks on and I want to run some load tests on it ...stess it for a few days ect.