[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Hi, i have tried the MXQ image, and all works OK.
    Except for CEC to work bad, will disbale it via SSH, have to try that later
    But the worst problem is:
    When it's flashed and turned on for the first time, the LED is BLUE.
    Then we turn OFF, and it stays BLUE.
    Then we turn ON and it is RED.
    Turn OFF again and it's BLUE.

It is so onlogical, then i would prefer power OFF = NO LED
    power ON = ANY LED (dont care what color).

Not it just causes confusion. Is there any way to fix this?
    I can check the motherboard number if u need it?

• First Post.
    power LED on not officially supported boxes may not work as intended (too many boards to support them with a single build)

Please explain what issues exactly tou are having with CEC.
    There are settings for CEC that may help.

See Post. LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kostaman (June 19, 2016 at 2:17 AM).

• Thanks for the great work! Image is very usable

I want to report my findings with my very cheap (currently VERY VERY cheap ($23.99!) amlogic box

Kodi through android works but the performance and support is not that great. 1080p was not working and sometimes is gets very slow. I flashed my 2 boxes with libre elec 7.0.1.4 and that was a great improvement. Everything worked:
    - Wifi and ethernet both work
    - Power led works correctly
    - CEC works correct (power on/off also) but sometimes it stops working and a reboot is needed
    - IR receiver works. I mapped the original remotes and other NEC's
    - 1080p high bitrate (own movies, 60+ mbps) play smooth over ethernet

The only 2 things that i have noticed (will investigate the logs later) are:
    - It hangs sometimes (in homescreen for example) after a few hours not used. TV connects with HDMI but no network or remote response. Clock has stopped also. Power cycle works
    - CEC stopped working once. Reboot fixed it. Looked like it was a bit slower also.

I use a PLEX media server on my nas (synology) as a shared lib for synced play status ect. I have 2 kodi boxes now with Amber skin and plexbmc 4.0.0.0 beta 4 addon for as long as that keeps working. I am still looking for other solutions to integrated my PLEX server. Airplay does not work with PLEX (only audio works from other apps). Yatse android app alows streaming of youtube and other media to kodi but not from PLEX. When PLEX support is gone i will switch to chromecast i guess......

Edited once, last by chewitt (June 21, 2016 at 4:39 AM).

Tried 3 different browsers. Definitely not working.
    Tried with mobile phone using 3g instead of wifi same result
    Not resolving. Server DNS address could not be found.
    Above is the address link.

Update: I used openDNS and solved issue.
    Never had this issue before with my isp dns.

Link. Use OpenDNS

Edited once, last by kostaman (June 21, 2016 at 1:34 AM).

Tried 3 different browsers. Definitely not working.
    Tried with mobile phone using 3g instead of wifi same result
    Not resolving. Server DNS address could not be found.
    Above is the address link.

Update: I used openDNS and solved issue.
    Never had this issue before with my isp dns.

Link. Use OpenDNS

Same here...Had to update my DNS ipv4 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but working now.

• Same here...Had to update my DNS ipv4 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but working now.

I have now gone back to my ISP Dns and it now works again.
    Looks like a server issue or my ISP issue has now been resolved.
    I'm not a fan of using DNS from outside of my country as it slows things down and causes issues DNS caching resolving etc.

• kszaq

BUG: I've noticed that local vid files are being buffered which I'm sure never used to happen and I thought this might have helped minimise frame drops although the verdict is out on that. The problem is that after a pause when starting playback the first 10 to 15 seconds of the vid are skipped. On occasion when stopping playback the HDMI connections also drops. I can revive the connection by pressing play or similar.

Not a big bug! But one that is annoying any ideas what is causing this?

And for the record the power off and reboot options seem to be finally working 100% as far as I can tell.

One other tiny thing I was wondering about, which is not something that really bothers me, is the power LED. Would it be possible to do a bunch of simple patches so people can try them and use the one that works for them? I doubt this is possible but people do seem to be losing sleep over it!

• kszaq

BUG: I've noticed that local vid files are being buffered which I'm sure never used to happen and I thought this might have helped minimise frame drops although the verdict is out on that.

I've experienced that even with the earlier builds.

Quote from and later

. . . The problem is that after a pause when starting playback the first 10 to 15 seconds of the vid are skipped.

I'm sure there's a kodi 'jump-back' addon that allows you to set how many seconds you skip backwards on resume play.
    If all else fails, maybe that might be of use?

+1 for any possible patches to get the blue light to go out

• I've experienced that even with the earlier builds.

I'm sure there's a kodi 'jump-back' addon that allows you to set how many seconds you skip backwards on resume play.
    If all else fails, maybe that might be of use?

+1 for any possible patches to get the blue light to go out

The skip-back function doesn't seem to work well for such small amounts of time and sometimes you just can;t view those first 10 - 15 seconds.

As for the LED issue, well it probably isn't possible or practical but it's worth asking!

• PatrickJB  Poida About power LED I have 2 "all-black" boxes: V3_1 and HTC-MXQ-V4 and power LED works well.

It is possible to add many LED configurations to the driver but I need to know which pin should I switch to make the LED work - and without source code from manufacturer this is close to impossible.

Does the LED switch at all for you with the most recent build?

• PatrickJB  Poida About power LED I have 2 "all-black" boxes: V3_1 and HTC-MXQ-V4 and power LED works well.

It is possible to add many LED configurations to the driver but I need to know which pin should I switch to make the LED work - and without source code from manufacturer this is close to impossible.

Does the LED switch at all for you with the most recent build?

Mine has been the same for a long time, since early OE builds: From boot blue, after suspend red and from reboot I'm not sure. It's not a problem for me. remember I have put a sticky over the LED as it's too bright for me so it's hard to tell what color it is most of the time!

Just thought that if there were only a few combinations in the form of simple patches then people could play around and hopefully get their LED to do what they want.

Not something I worry about just thought it might be easy but if not... sorry for openning the tin of worms!!

EDIT: It's the vid playback issue I'm interested in, see my post above.

Edited once, last by PatrickJB (June 21, 2016 at 2:48 PM).

• Hi,

I have a cheap MK808B+ which I tried Libreelec on. Installing to a SD-card works
    just fine. But when I tried to flash it to the internal NAND, I get a lot of these in the kernel messages (and booting fails, dropping to a debugging shell)

[ 2.769936@3] [aml_sdhc_print_err] emmc: rsp CRC error, port=5, Cmd13 Arg 00010000, xfer_step=3, status=3, cmd25=0, fifo_empty=0, fifo_full=0, timeout=0, iSTA=0x4, STAT=0xf0003e
    [ 2.769936@3] Pinmux: REG2=0x0000fc00, REG3=0x05000000, REG4=0x700003c0, REG5=0x00000000, REG6=0x0000ff7f, REG8=0x00000000
    [ 2.769952@3] ***********SDHC_REGS***********
    [ 2.769955@3] SDHC_ARGU: 0x00001a00
    [ 2.769957@3] SDHC_SEND: 0x0000004d
    [ 2.769960@3] SDHC_CTRL: 0xe7ffe000
    [ 2.769962@3] SDHC_STAT: 0x00f0003e
    [ 2.769965@3] SDHC_CLKC: 0x0002f011
    [ 2.769967@3] SDHC_ADDR: 0x2e000000
    [ 2.769969@3] SDHC_PDMA: 0x2c43bcf0
    [ 2.769972@3] SDHC_MISC: 0xe0000150
    [ 2.769974@3] SDHC_DATA: 0x00000000
    [ 2.769977@3] SDHC_ICTL: 0x00003067
    [ 2.769979@3] SDHC_ISTA: 0x00000004
    [ 2.769981@3] SDHC_SRST: 0x00000000
    [ 2.769983@3] SDHC_ESTA: 0x00000000
    [ 2.769986@3] SDHC_ENHC: 0x00fe0cff
    [ 2.769988@3] SDHC_CLK2: 0x0000100f

It seems like there is a problem initializing the NAND.
    Am I having a bad/unsupported NAND? How can a determine which NAND type I have?

The Factory-installed Android works fine.